The new GI Joe movie

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

The new GI Joe movie

Post by skywarp408 »

Anyone see this yet? It was just ok for me. I don't want to say much about it until more people see it.
PETER IS GOD!Image
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

I saw it, I heard there were a lot of people who thought it was really bad, but I actually thought it was pretty good. I don't know the story behind GI Joe as I never really followed the show or comics, but for me, the plot development was decent (better than TF, actually). The acting was really bad, but what do you expect lol!
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Gonna go see it tonight. I wont go in with high expectations, which sometimes works great as in TF ROTF. Blown away by that movie.
R.I.P. Menasor
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

The cgi is no where near Transformers. It looks cartoony. Cobra commander is reallty lame looking and Zartan whistles! :shock:
PETER IS GOD!Image
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

I'm avoiding all spoilers until I'll see the movie.
I watched few episodes of the toon in the 80's and I don't remember very well the plots of the toon but I was a fan of both GI Joe and Cobra faction besides Cobra Commander was a great villain.
I hope that in the new movie I can find some of the old spirit of classic characters.

I don't require a masterpiece but just a good action movie so I think that I'll be satisfied.
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

I'll probably go see it this weekend. I barley remember the cartoons... I just remember that they all have codenames that sound alot like transformers.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
greatshot
Targetmaster

Post by greatshot »

Seen it 2 days ago. Dont know much about he joes from my childhood (never had the toys). Seen some of the cartoon. So if the story sticks to its origin... i dont know.

But it was a fun movie to watch, a lot of action scenes as espected. Storyline was better then TF1 & 2 (that isn't hard to beat).

I only dont get the baroness.... kick ass role in the movie. Her counterpart isn't that bat either. 8)
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

It served its purpose for me. A fun, blow 'em up movie with lots of action and special effects. I only have the 12(?) inch GI Joes and never got into the teeny tiny ones that were released with the cartoon. Heh...now all they need to do is make a Corps movie, which I would totally go see.
Brawn
Powermaster

Post by Brawn »

loved the toys almost as much as transformers as a kid. the marvel comic was pretty good too. i'm in no hurry to see the movie as i'm sure i'll be diappointed.
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

I liked it. True, it was not true to the '83 cartoon, and it did have some character flaws, but the action was great. The story, however, semmed a little corny to me.

8.5 out of 10 is my rating.
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.