It's 10 pm. Do you know where YOUR TT is?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

It's 10 pm. Do you know where YOUR TT is?

Post by Time Traveller »

Hey all,
Some of you may have noticed my absence as of late, or MAYBE even wondered about where I've been. :lol:
As many of you know, I spent much of the summer frustratingly unemployed, and then, all at once, the work came on. I got hired from the pharmacy into the main store at Pamida, as the "electronics guy". Also, my substitute license has brought work.

A science teacher at the local middle school fell very ill, and medication based on a misdiagnosis has severely damaged his kidneys, so I have taken over his class for the next month or two. Plus, as with any retailer, things have gotten infinitely busy at Pamida with the holidays coming up, so I'm usually working 30+ hours a week there: nights after school, and weekends.

Needless to say, I haven't much time at home, and I'm usually tuckered out from trying to get rambunctious 6th graders to sit down and shut up.

I'm pleased at how things have been going. Minerva and Shaggy have been doing a great job of keeping the place running, and discussions have been really involved and on-topic. I'll keep trying to check in when i have the time and energy, but I have to make hay when the sun shines, because after xmas, that teacher will (hopefully, for his sake) be back to work, and Pamida will be deader than a doornail, and I'll be back in the breadline.

However, I'd like to start now with some upcoming ideas for this forum.
Firstoff, the next Q&A round is coming up... Keep your eyes open for that, and start thinking up some good questions! Our last round was pretty successful, we got some solid answers, and a couple other forums were able to get some really enlightening statements out of Hasbro. Let's build on that and make Round 3 for TFL a heavy hitter.
Also, Blackjack and I have long been discussing some roleplay reforms to make it more involved, and easier to get into for those of you we haven't recruited yet, as well as a steadier pace. Every year the RP hits doldrums around these holiday months, so now would be a good time to toss around some ideas.
Lastly, I've found a couple hours here and there to get the ROTF archives closer to roll out time. That means that we're caught up to the current series, and hopefully will be able to update as new figures come out!

I'll keep you all posted as time marches on. Keep on truckin'!
trance
Site Admin

Re: It's 10 pm. Do you know where YOUR TT is?

Post by trance »

Time Traveller wrote:I've found a couple hours here and there to get the ROTF archives closer to roll out time. That means that we're caught up to the current series, and hopefully will be able to update as new figures come out!
w00t to that!
Glad to hear from you, by the way, it sounds like you've been running around like a chicken with its head chopped off...mmmm...breakfast...

Good luck with all the goings-on, hopefully there will be a permanent position in one of those places for you, after all the effort you've put in!

Keep in touch!
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I just have one question....

Who were you again, TT? ;) :P
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

Glad to hear the hours are available for ya, TT! Hope it holds out for ya into the new year!

Palmida....hmmmmmm...any series 2 Prince Caspian figures at your stores? I still need a couple: the satyr(white), Reepicheep & his mice-at-arms, and the 2 pack with the centaur.
My heart is die-cast.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

trance wrote: a chicken with its head chopped off...mmmm...breakfast...
Shut up, you're a vegetarian!

Negative on the prince caspian, sorry.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Time Traveller wrote:
trance wrote: a chicken with its head chopped off...mmmm...breakfast...
Shut up, you're a vegetarian!
It's called being ironic <G>
snakemarcato13
Targetmaster

Post by snakemarcato13 »

Sounds like you're back in PF, TT. Sorry to hear that. I'm in STL these days, as a manager at Corporate McDonald's...until I get my job at the club and my job as a local advertiser pays off.

Which teacher was it?
"I have a form of witchcraft. It's called Magic 8-Ball." --said by me while watching the crucible in AP English
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Dan Kilmore. What inspired you to stop back in here?
snakemarcato13
Targetmaster

Post by snakemarcato13 »

I liked Kilmore. Never had him as a teacher, just as a coach, but I liked him.

Well, I was bored, and went "Oh, I haven't talked to him in a long while, since I never see him on messengers anymore."

Oh, and the fact that I bought season one of Transformers on DVD. Still haven't found a 25th Optimus though...well, not one that someone didn't steal the comic book out of.
"I have a form of witchcraft. It's called Magic 8-Ball." --said by me while watching the crucible in AP English
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

It may not be 10:00, but I really hope TT is taking care of that spammer.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Word. I'm gonna go blow his brains out in the RP.
snakemarcato13
Targetmaster

Post by snakemarcato13 »

I'd love to see him permabanned.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

It's probably just a spambot. Happens when you've got a (relatively) low-security forum, and phpBB2 isn't exactly known to be unbreakable.

I'd suspect it's happened before at least once. The bigger the forum, the more common this is. Thankfully, TFL is small enough to not attract such things often.
snakemarcato13
Targetmaster

Post by snakemarcato13 »

We had a problem once on anothe fansite I go to for the Big-O anime. said there were 147 users online. At the time, we only had about 96 users, most inactive.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Yeah, our first major spam attack resulted as the "most users online" stat on the frontpage. oh well.