Just got all my old G1 figures!

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

drummingcraig
Noob

Just got all my old G1 figures!

Post by drummingcraig »

Hi all - new member here.

My parents decided to bring up a few boxes of my old toys when they came to visit this Xmas. Included was a good bit of my G1 Transformers.

I'm excited to see some of them again (as I am 34 now, its been ~ 22 or so years since I played with them). For the most part, they are in OK shape. A few are worse for the wear but most are in good shape.

I am very excited to see the possible value some of them may have. In particular my Fortress Maximus which is still at my parents' house. Last time I looked at him (about 2-3 years ago) he was in very good shape.

Not sure yet if I am selling or holding on to them. I need to see if I can round up the rest of them along with the various guns and pieces (which I should still have).

Anyhow, great website here! Thanks for having me!

Craig
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Welcome to the site. Pretty cool to get them back. I wish I boxed mine up instead of dumping them all (and/or destroying them).

Oh, and on a dead serious note fort max is worth $20, but since you're new here I will give ya $30. :P Ok, just kidding. That is a real gem. If I were you I would hold onto that. If it's complete and in good shape it could be worth a boatload. If it's not complete and not good shape, you can still get hundreds of dollars for it. I would keep it myself. - think's to myself... my precious -
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

hello drummer welcome to tfl i give you 50 for fort max lmao since we are bidding on it lol :P

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
drummingcraig
Noob

Post by drummingcraig »

Bumblebee wrote:hello drummer welcome to tfl i give you 50 for fort max lmao since we are bidding on it lol :P
WOW! $50!!!! Oh my gosh! SOLD!!!! :lol:

Thanks for the welcomes.

Countdown, I will be at my parents' house this weekend and I'm gonna try to get FM and some other stuff if possible. FM should be in great shape (fingers crossed). I've known from poking around over the years that he was worth some money, but holy smokes...had no idea he was fetching as much as I've seen recently.

I think I am going to figure out what all I have, do a thorough inventory, grade everything (as best I can) and figure out the total value. From there I'll decide whether to sell 'em or keep 'em. Part of me knows it would be cool to give them to my kids someday, but I wouldn't want them to have as toys to play with, ya know. I dunno...brain is hurting! :)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Welcome to TFL, drummingcraig!
If you're going through your Transformers collection you could always take pictures and post them here:
Post some pics of YOUR collection! here are a few of mine.
I think many of us are very curious to see it! :)
Dude
Noob

Post by Dude »

Welcome aboard. Doesn't it feel good to rekindle childhood memories.... :)
It's hard to soar with the eagles when your surronded by turkey's!!
drummingcraig
Noob

Post by drummingcraig »

Dude wrote:Welcome aboard. Doesn't it feel good to rekindle childhood memories.... :)
It does! In fact...maybe too good. I actually caught myself making the sound effects I used to make when transforming them yesterday while I was playing with Swoop. :oops: Fortunately, my wife wasn't in the room. :)
Dude
Noob

Post by Dude »

LOL! I know what ya mean, i do it all the time....lol
It's hard to soar with the eagles when your surronded by turkey's!!
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

One of the coolest features I found on some of the new transformers is that a few of them make that sound effect while being transformed. Universe 2.0 Silverbolt is one of them. Honestly given how they add sound to so many of them lately I don't know why the transformation sound isn't in more of them. Its way better than a horn or gun sound.
S0und_wave
Decepticon Communications Officer

Post by S0und_wave »

Welcome to TFL drummingcraig :D
F18Starscream
Powermaster

Post by F18Starscream »

Welcome Drummingcraig, Where abouts in Fla do you live? I'm in Central Fla, My name is F18 Starscream. :D
drummingcraig
Noob

Post by drummingcraig »

F18Starscream wrote:Welcome Drummingcraig, Where abouts in Fla do you live? I'm in Central Fla, My name is F18 Starscream. :D
I'm up in Jacksonville.

Just returned home from a weekend trip down South and scored not only Fort Max (who's in fabulous shape) but also both of my vinyl Transformers carrying cases that are full of all my weapons and various accessories along with some instruction sheets and other goodies. My parents also gave me a huge bag full of old Transformers school folders! I think they've saved everything of mine (yes - I'm an only child). :lol:

Pictures to come asap I promise. In the meantime I need to start going thru the accessories using the database here and figure out which figures are still boxed up somewhere.
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Man lucky you. My mom through all my Transformers away one day when I was in school in 7th grade.:evil: That was in 1989-1990. I had roughly 100. Needless to say that was the worst day of my life. :cry:
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Oh gosh...I'm sorry.....I hate it when mothers decide to throw things away without conculting us first....it really burns my grits!
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Sorry to hear that, Optimus Maximus... :(

@ drummingcraig - That's great news! I'm looking forward to see those pictures!
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Welcome to the boards.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Welcome to the boards Craig. I myself am displaced from Jacksonville. Hopefully for only another year and a half.
audionmotionink
Alternator

Post by audionmotionink »

welcome craig. i'm in jacksonville as well. i'd like to see pics of what you have in your collection. i have been mostly collecting the newer stuff as of late (2001-present) but i just recently bought a pretty good assortment of g1 figures.
have fun on the boards... btw...75.00 on the fort max.......lol
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)