Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

thadsilverfox
Noob

Post by thadsilverfox »

I started collecting vintage G1 TFs about 10 months ago. I try to collect ones still in the box. I also collect other vintage 70/80s toys. I have collected Voltron, Knight Rider, Coleco tabletop arcades, Battlestar Galactica, MOTU, and some Star Wars. It sure is expensive to collect child hood memories.
G1 TF Nut
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Allow me to be the first to welcome you aboard thadsilverfox! You have stepped into a realm of unlimited knowledge of transformers, and loads of info on other great toys. Childhood memories can become an expensive habit, but it helps keep you young!
R.I.P. Menasor
audionmotionink
Alternator

Post by audionmotionink »

it keeps you young and your wallet light!
welcome to the forum.
add pics of your collection to the collection thread.
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Welcome, thadsilverfox...

i have summoned you here for a purpose...

[/joking]

Actually, do you even get that joke, or are you just here for the toys? and are you only interested in the older toys, or are you also a fan of the series... and what the series has become?

Childhood memories are great--[Optimus Prime] no matter the cost [/Optimus Prime]--but sometimes the new stuff can be pretty cool, too, as can looking at the new stuff and/or the old stuff from the different perspective of your more mature self (with or without the rose-colored optic sensors).

For example, you mentioned that you not only collect Transformers, you also collect Star Wars. So, have you heard--or do you care--about Star Wars Transformers? And that's just one example of what i'm talking about.

Whatever your interest in Transformers, welcome to TransformerLand--hope you find what you're looking for... and maybe even a little more than that!
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Welcome to TFL, thadsilverfox! :)

(Moving this thread to 'The Billboard')
thadsilverfox
Noob

Post by thadsilverfox »

STARS Commando to answer your question, I'm really into the vintage TF toys. I have bought a few of the new TF stuff for my son but it just doesn't really do much for me. If I could only collect a couple of things I would collect Voltron and G1 TFs. I hope this gives you some insight.
G1 TF Nut
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Welcome to the site.
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

thadsilverfox wrote:STARS Commando to answer your question, I'm really into the vintage TF toys. I have bought a few of the new TF stuff for my son but it just doesn't really do much for me. If I could only collect a couple of things I would collect Voltron and G1 TFs. I hope this gives you some insight.
I used to feel that way too... but... have you seen some of the newer "classic" figures?

They don't *always* get it right, but a good number of them are excellent renditions of the original G1 characters with modern articulation.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Bah weep granah weep ninny bong.
The Dark is Coming
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Srsly?

Oh-Em-Gee.
thadsilverfox
Noob

Post by thadsilverfox »

Banzai-Tron wrote:
thadsilverfox wrote:STARS Commando to answer your question, I'm really into the vintage TF toys. I have bought a few of the new TF stuff for my son but it just doesn't really do much for me. If I could only collect a couple of things I would collect Voltron and G1 TFs. I hope this gives you some insight.
I used to feel that way too... but... have you seen some of the newer "classic" figures?

They don't *always* get it right, but a good number of them are excellent renditions of the original G1 characters with modern articulation.
I haven't had a chance to actually mess with a classic one. Wal-Mart has a G1 Skywarp that I keep looking at but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. My problem right now is shelf space reserved for my vintage collection.
G1 TF Nut
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Welcome! Another g1 collector! Yay!
PETER IS GOD!Image
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Welcome Thad!

I hope I can encourage your new habit there :)
I just update the TFL store with some nice new boxed G1's and I just found out (thanks to TT) that I have a complete Voltron I figure. Maybe this can be the start of a beautiful friendship lol!