hi new here

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

80stoyshop
Decoy

hi new here

Post by 80stoyshop »

hey there, im new to the forums... been using the web as a detailed part finder when putting our transformers back together again

had a huge box of tf nd it was a nightmare trying to figure out what parts go with what... thanks to your site most of it is plain sailing...

ive come to s few stumbling blocks now so i came to the forums for help.. ill make a post in the correct sections about that

we are 80s toyshop.com by the way :) we are a vintage toy shop in cardiff wales in the uk
we been dealing in tv related collectibles and memorabilia for around 18 years now :)

hi, its good to be here, hope i can get the answers im looking for here
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone here will find an answer for almost any toy line out there.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Welcome aboard.
R.I.P. Menasor
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Welcome to TFL! :D
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
S0und_wave
Decepticon Communications Officer

Post by S0und_wave »

Welcome to TFl :)
audionmotionink
Alternator

Post by audionmotionink »

welcome to the site.
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Howdy!

i'm sure you'll find some (and i hope you find all) of the answers you're looking for, but here's a few questions for you, 80stoyshop:

You keep saying "we"--are you an individual, an organization, or an individual representative of an organization?

Are you yourself a current or former collector of Transformers as well as a reseller?

Are you only interested in the vintage stuff, or are you also interested in newer Transformers? (A lot of the newer toys are designed with nostalgic adult collectors in mind--toys inspired by the original toys and/or the original characters, but more accurate or more poseable or things like that.)

Are you at all interested in any of the fiction, or strictly the toys?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Re: hi new here

Post by Sideways »

80stoyshop wrote:
we are 80s toyshop.com by the way :) we are a vintage toy shop in cardiff wales in the uk
we been dealing in tv related collectibles and memorabilia for around 18 years now :)

hi, its good to be here, hope i can get the answers im looking for here
:lol:
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Yeah, Sideways, that's the part i was asking about. 80stoyshop is a store, but are all posts by the username "80stoyshop" going to be written by the same person, or can any of the people who work at 80stoyshop access that account?

Think of it like this: Trance owns the TransformerLand store; i think Time Traveller works for him, unless i misunderstood something. If i'm wrong, just pretend TT works for Trance.

Trance and TT have separate accounts, but when either of them says "We have Binaltech Sentinel Prime in stock at the TFL store", both of them would be referring to the same store, even though they have two distinct accounts.

On the flip side, i know of some families who still do what my family used to do: When my parents first got a modem at the house, our whole family shared one e-mail account. One account, sending messages from multiple users.

So i wanted to know how many people might be signing in at TFL using the screen name 80stoyshop. No big deal, just a curiosity thing.

i also wanted to know if they were MORE than a toy store--if they were also fans. Lots of toy stores have employees and even owners who don't know and don't care anything about the toys they sell. If 80stoyshop sells Transformers but doesn't care about them, i might answer their questions, but i won't tell TF jokes while i'm doing it, because the jokes would go right over their Headmasters. Does that make sense?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
80stoyshop
Decoy

Post by 80stoyshop »

hi again, sorry for any confusions

its only 1 person accessing the forums and that me my names dave :D

when i say we as an outfit theres only 1 other my partner kev... he dont even know the pass to the username so it will never be hime, rest assured it will only ever be 1 person and thats me

i buy sell and collect transformers aswell as all other 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, toys that take my fancy...

i put down we as that is what 80stoyshop is, then i said i as im the only one who comes here to read the forum

i thought i was trying to use good grammer by saying we as there is more than 1 that works here but i can understand how the confusion may have come across

also id like to point out that im quite uneducated, ive no qualifications of any kind, you may find spelling mistakes and poor grammer and stuff but i will try and explain my self best i can

but i do know an optimus prime when i see 1 :lol:

and i own a very cool vintage toy shop... well we own! so im doing ok for myself

im only into the old vintage toys but i do get my hands on newer type stuff and come here to use the archive to find out names of that certain character to help me

i recently got my hands on a huge box of bits, and the archive came in very handy for finding out what parts went where and stuff... i only had transformer toys as an adult as i only admired the toys that friends had as i didnt get any as i or we were very poor growing up and the real transformer toys were very expensive
5 of us and a disabled mum so we didnt get to have much

im still very much learning about certain character, its amazing how many there are, i only ever knew character that came on the cartoons on tv

hope that clears up a little bit better for you guys... so dont worry im not account sharing... its just me. dave :wink:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Welcome to the forums (if I haven't already said so somewhere!)

There's nothing wrong with having 2 (or 20) people on your account. I think Stars is just eluding that we would like to get to know you.

Bad grammar, eh? When I was courting (wooing? dating? another word?) my girlfriend I had the worst grammar. I had the habit of using bad grammar and she had the habit of correcting me. I don't write as many letters/e-mails/instant messengers with her any more (as I see her daily - I know it is no excuse). I like to think I don't get corrected as often as I have transcended that... However, it is most likely because I don't write as often as I used to... should.

In your last post you mentioned that you collect the figures that fancy you. Is there a certain time of figure that fancies you? Do you have a favorite character? A favorite faction or subline (combiners, pretenders, monsterbots, etc)? A favorite line of toys (like classiverse, g1, alternators) ?