anyone buying Transformers: War for Cybertron?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Decepticon113
Noob

anyone buying Transformers: War for Cybertron?

Post by Decepticon113 »

to all transformer followers anyone buying the Transformers: War for Cybertron?
for ps3 or xbox360? finaly a game you can play good or bad!
anyone who has ps3 would like to form a decepticon group on Transformers: War for Cybertron game when it comes out!team up online for battles against the autobot! email me give your user name to me so we can be part of the decepticon gang! just need ps3 user name we can add friends online! all hail megatron!!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i don't have the money, hardware, or time for video games. (Someday, i'll have all of those things, and discover i don't have the skill.)

But i'm curious: When you play these multiplayer games, do you have to choose one allegiance and stick with it?

and/or can you have multiple characters (maybe one from each faction) and choose which one you feel like playing when you log in?

and/or can your character switch sides?
(related question: can your character deliberately and/or accidentally damage other characters of the same faction?)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

For PS3 or xbox 360 there is an online network. You simply connect the system through you home network to the internet. Then when you start the game online play is one of the options game start screen.

Xbox charges a monthly fee for online gaming, PS3 is free.

The other stuff you asked varies from game to game. I don't know what the rules are for this one.

I'll be buying this, but I'll almost surely wait until I can find it used.
Decepticon113
Noob

ps3 transformers war for cybertron

Post by Decepticon113 »

Experience the legendary battle between the Autobots and Decepticons before their exodus to Earth in the untold story of the civil war for their home planet, Cybertron. Two distinct and intertwined campaigns chronicle the Autobots heroism in the face of total annihilation and the Decepticons unquenchable thirst for power. Play both campaigns in team-based online co-op, or go head-to-head in several online multiplayer game modes. Battle as your favorite Transformer characters in the war that spawned one of the most brutal conflicts of all time.
Decepticon113
Noob

check it out in game stop for preview video!!

Post by Decepticon113 »

To be honest i am a transformers fan, this is going to be the best transformers game because you create your transformers with weapons and color. also play online with other players, and 3 player co-op too wow this is going to be good. I know the last two transformers was not good but trust me this transformers game is very different and you gotta get this game trust my words , so autobots roll out and decepticon transform and rise...so let the war begin
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I still think the best Transformers game was the one for PS2...

You know.. the one modeled after Armada.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I never tried the armada one. But I was disappointed by the 2007 movie game. That might be the only transformers game I've ever played.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

The armada one was pretty good. Hopefully this will be the absolute best TF game ever. I have both movie games. They had good points, but overall the gameplay was terrible. It would be cool to have a squad of random factions, but we probably wont see it.
R.I.P. Menasor
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Dinobot wrote:The armada one was pretty good. Hopefully this will be the absolute best TF game ever. I have both movie games. They had good points, but overall the gameplay was terrible. It would be cool to have a squad of random factions, but we probably wont see it.
i think you mean, "Hopefully this will be the absolute best TF game yet." Personally, i hope they get even better than "War for Cybertron" looks like it's going to be. (Anybody remember a discussion about Transformers and holodecks?)

As for the random factions, that was one of my suggestions for ismellicecream in his What would you like to see in a TF videogame? thread. Because that WOULD be cool.

i think i even read somewhere--yeah, in my DreamWave "More Than Meets The Eye" book--that even though the Micromasters were created by the Autobots and the Decepticons, most of them split into anarchic gangs. i never got hold of any of the "Micromasters" comics, but that tidbit from "MTMTE" leads me to believe the Micromasters could conceivably qualify as canonical "random factions". Armada/etc. Mini-Cons, too, come to think of it--i understand that not all of the Mini-Cons embraced either the Autobot or the Decepticon banner. Of course, playing a Micromaster or a Mini-Con in a game starring Bulk Guzzlers might not be the kind of experience most TF gamers would want. But splinter factions? Oh, yeah.

Didn't DreamWave have the Autobots and Decepticons left on Cybertron split into a bunch more factions in "War Within"--the Predacons, the Ultracons, etc.?

...i think i'm drifting off of "War for Cybertron" and just rambling about potential TF games now. i also think i've done that before. Oh, well.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

LD2062 wrote:I never tried the armada one. But I was disappointed by the 2007 movie game. That might be the only transformers game I've ever played.
Oh, the Armada game is absolute win. Only thing is the vehicle modes really serve no purpose.
The Dark is Coming
IDontThinkSoTim
Targetmaster

Post by IDontThinkSoTim »

I might pick it up for PC. Depends on how well the PC port is and the general reviews of the game.
"I don't think so, Tim."
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

PrimeDirective wrote:
LD2062 wrote:I never tried the armada one. But I was disappointed by the 2007 movie game. That might be the only transformers game I've ever played.
Oh, the Armada game is absolute win. Only thing is the vehicle modes really serve no purpose.
It's a vehicle mode.. it allows you to transverse the map easier and retreat from decepticlones as well as ramming the smaller ones.. :twisted:
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

My son and I plan to buy the Wii version of the game...since we have a Wii system. Can't wait to play it!
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

i must say that the Armada one scores well in playabillity,

i also got the 07 movie game wich is nice,

then there's the japaneese ps2 version more g1 orientated, no luck tracing one tho...
The past is the greatest teacher
Sideswipe89
Throttlebot

Post by Sideswipe89 »

definitely getting this one. i will be getting the PS3 version though.:)
"I don't break the rules, I bend them, alot" Sideswipe G1
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Apparently, the DS version is supposed to be good...
The Dark is Coming
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

the 07 movie double version wasn't bad on the ds
The past is the greatest teacher
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Another question, about "War for Cybertron" in particular and/or multiplayer online games in general, with SentinelPrime and Sideswipe89 as examples.

SentinelPrime's planning to get the Wii version of "WfC" and Sideswipe89 is planning to get the PS3 version. Would SentinelPrime and Sideswipe89 be able to play the game together (or against each other) online?
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

No, as they operate on separate networks.

At least, I'm pretty sure.
The Dark is Coming
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Definitely not. Man...gonna be o awesome playing this on XBL...so, if anybody here has XBL (Swindle, trance, cough cough), if you see this, you have to promise to get it and duel me, okay?

Then me and Jazz can play offline against each other.

Too bad PD doesn't like shooters, huh?