Tagon Heights

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

You heah sometin', Drive-by?

Nah. Prabably jus dat Laser Core givin yoah circuits tha surges, Tux.

As the two bots speed out of Tagon Heights, they see Fleetside towing Pinstripe's sleek black craft into a bombed out warehouse for concealment.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

* dirge looks around , thinking he must have left skywarp behind somewhere

he wonders what his next move should be, he has no clue where the other decepticons are or even if any still function.
but at least the same can be said for the autobots, the ship that he was taken prisoner on was all but a ghost ship, even the mighty cambreaker had seemed to vanish

lost in these thoughts he hears movement behind him, he spins around and sends a full power blast from his arm cannon, hitting nothing more than a wall causing it to collapse *

" great " * he mutters to himself * " alone and no decepticon army, not even a damn leader "

* dirge remembers the reports that galvatron had blown himself up somewhere in iacon, and with megatron missing, presumably either destroyed or off world somewhere he had little else to do other than investigate iacon itself hopefully he would run into some autobots to destroy

with a heavy sigh he transforms and takes off towards iacon at a low level *
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

A powerful updraft, probably from a gas mine, had caused Skywarp to lose sight of Dirge. Able to finally regain his trajectory Dirge is but a blip on the radar screen...not that he trusts it anyways...system analysis had been on the fritz here lately. As he speeds ahead full throttle to catch up dust and minute debris from something below clouds his vision. "'Hmmm...wonder what caused that?"'...he thought out-loud. As he continues onward Iacon can be seen on the horizon...as well as a vapor trail from an afterburner. Warping ahead to get a closer look...Skywarp is shocked to see Dirge breaching Iacons restricted airspace. "What the hell are you doing conehead!? Going on a suicide mission?" Skywarp pulls up waiting on an explanation or at least something tangible. Perhaps a plan...with a method behind the madness.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

* dirge lands in tagon heights and chains wreck gar to a wall, then he sits and waits *
Wreck Gar
Targetmaster

Post by Wreck Gar »

Wreck-Gar's optics open as his inner circuits recharge.
He finds himself chained down with Dirge standing in the near distance as if he were waiting for something or someone.

Weeeee now return to our regular scheduled program...

He wonders where he is or how he got there. The last thing he remembers was driving off in his new garbage truck mode with a container full of new trash and the complete Monty Python dvd box set.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

" Quiet junkion or i will be forced to seriously damage your health "

* dirge wonders whats taking the autobots so long as he starts to pace around in circles

were they planning something ?

he thinks he better get under cover in case of an autobot attack

he drags a protesting wreck gar into the shadows of a bombed out building and he waits *

" shaken and not stirred " * chirps wreck gar, thinking of james bond in the shadows "

* dirge facepalms and gags wreck gar *
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

The road to Tagon Heights had seemed long. In the distance Blackjack could see buildings rising up against the Cybertronian skyline, most of them abandoned warehouses and factories. It was one factory in particular that he wanted to find. However Dirge and his Decepticon cronies could be hiding out anywhere. Thus a more stealthy method of entrance was required.

Stopping near the outskirts of the Heights, Blackjack transformed and activated his stealth suite. This was necessary in case the 'cons were monitoring the area. He still had no idea how many other Decepticons were still around, working with Dirge. He knew about the two seekers, but wouldn't have been suprised if at least Rumble or the Insecticons were around somewhere. They had associated with Dirge in the past. He also wondered whatever had become of the warrior Sixshot.

Bringing out the schematics he'd taken from Cambreaker's quarters, Blackjack set about trying to locate the closest entrance to Lower Tagon Heights and more importantly Rattrap's factory. He traced the outskirts about a quarter of the way around until he found what he was looking for, an old maintenance shaft. It would take him into similar tunnels, a part of the older, lower section of the Heights, and eventually connect with the central control spire of the factory. It was near something labeled "power core".

Opening the maintenance hatch, he thought, well here goes nothin'. Let's just hope things ain't too shut down.

And a familiar voice replied, guess we'll see soon enough. If anything goes wrong down there, I got yer back Jack.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

The tunnels were narrow. It has seemed like cycles had passed since Blackjack had climbed down into the maintenance hatch. Down here it was cramped, dark, and wet. He could find no signs that anyone had been in these tunnels for some time, aside from a few ratbots.

It had also seemed like the only direction he had moved was forward, no descent into the underbelly of Tagon as he had anticipated. Then all at once as the thought crossed his mind, Blackjack found that the tunnel curved sharply downward. He found himself falling towards a bottomless abyss. The sides of the narrow passage were slick with some type of oil and there were no handholds.

Jack, head up. To your left.

Looking to where the voice in his head indicated, Blackjack saw the edge of a connecting tunnel about to go past. He reached out and grabbed it, barely pulling himself up to the lip of another tunnel.

Thanks, I was nearly slagged.

Just doing what I've always done. And don't you ever forget that we're in this together. I was almost 'slagged' back there too.

His partner was right of course. Although he'd been thinking that it was a difficult task being leader to a bunch of Autobots and considering the well-being of someone beside himself, he had often overlooked that he had another being right there with him. He was responsible for another life after all.

The new tunnel was just as cramped, but only seemed to continue a short distance before it opened up into a larger chamber. This one almost seemed to have been blasted open, perhaps during the reconstruction of the heights. There were also several sets of old footprints, one of them obvioulsy non-Cybertronian.

Looks like we're on the right track, Brakkas.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

* dirge is woken up by movement outside

he peeps out of the building and sees dinobot and minerva

he steps to where they can see him *

" salutations autobots "
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Minerva and Dinobot arrive at the location and are greeted by a very smug-looking Dirge.
Minerva, who is in no mood for pleasantries, transforms into robot mode and gets right to the point:
We’re here as agreed, Dirge. Now where’s Wreck-Gar?

She felt more confident now than when she’d first agreed to make the trade, and knowing that she had Dinobot nearby to back her up certainly helped.

Minerva glances around, almost waiting for something to prove that this really was a trap as they had suspected. So far she hadn’t seen any other Decepticons, but she was sure that if there were any around, Dinobot would notice them well before she did. She also knew that he’d been in contact with the Junkions, and she was hoping that they were all in position and ready for whatever might come to pass here.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

* dirge smirks openly *

" he is safe "

* noticing a cranky looking dinobot and the look on minervas faceplate ... dirge goes into the shadows and drags out a gagged wreck gar then removes the gag *

" HELP ... I NEED SOMEBODY ..

HELP

NOT JUST ANYBODY
"

* dirge facepalms and puts the gag back on *

" as you can see autobots, he is unharmed * points at dinobot * you stay right where you are, and you * points at minerva * start walking towards me

any funny stuff and the junkion will be minus his empty head
"
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Blackjack was certain he was now in the maintenance tunnels leading to the 'power core' as noted on the map. They had followed the tracks, four sets of them total. Blackjack had never developed any kind of tracking skills. His missions had always been infiltration, particularly finding out information that the enemy didn't want him to know. But Brakkas had been a detective, a man born to follow a trail.

Best I can tell it was your friend Dinobot and three others. One of em was large and stupid, thrashed around a lot, maybe Sludge or Grimlock. Every now and then there's another set, probably some kind of partner-bot. And, look here...they found another 'bot. From the width of the track and depth of the imprint I'd reckon it was a femme.

How do you get all that from lookin' at these prints in the doirt? I couldn't tell a femme from a dinobot.

Comes with the territory Jack. No man nor 'con has ever gotten away from Bulldog Brakkas.

They continued to follow the tracks through the tunnel until they could see a faint glowing in the distance. Upon coming closer, Blackjack could make out some kind of reactor. Most likely this was the installation's power core. For a moment he considered the beauty of such a thing, then decided to move on. But it was at that moment that a voice was heard throughout the power core chamber.

Intruders detected in central power core. Life scans show Decepticon activity. Switching auto defenses to active.

The computerized voice was cooly feminine and familliar to Blackjack, although he couldn't remember where he'd heard it. He didn't have time to think as several turret emplacements around the chamber began to emerge from panels in the chamber walls. He certainly hoped the power core still had suitable containment, it was about the get hot. Blackjack glanced quickly around the chamber for an exit.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Listen very carefully 'con. If you so much as scratch her, other cons will be picking up pieces of you from across the galaxy understand? Dinobot's eyes become eerily green and start to crackle with energy as he gives Dirge the thousand yard stare. While Dinobot gives Dirge the look, Minerva quickly activates her wrist comm to stay open to Dinobot during the operation, whatever it may be.
R.I.P. Menasor
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

" i have no intention of harming her fool, she is too important to my plans "

* dirge returns dinobots glare with one of is own, how he would like to remove those crackilng green optics from that autobots face, but he has neither the energy reserves nor the time *
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Minerva watch as Dinobot and Dirge try to stare each other down.
If looks could kill... she thinks to herself.

She was glad that Wreck-Gar was alive and seemingly not injured, and she intended to keep it that way.
Minerva hadn't seen any other Decepticons around, but she found it hard to believe that Dirge would be here all alone without some kind of backup. It was a thought that made her feel quite uneasy.
Minerva didn't know if the Junkions were in position yet, so she wanted to buy them some extra time, just in case. Interrupting the tho mechs staring contest, Minerva speaks again.

What about the energon, Dirge? Can you prove that you have it?
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

* dirge opens his cockpit and takes out a small energon cube before tossing it to the autobots *

" this is but a small sample autobots, upon my return to my ... erm ... hideout... with the autobot medic i will send the co ordinates for the rest of it to iacon "

* dirge now takes a step towards the autobots, keeping wreck gar in front of him *

" time is short, make your choice now "
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

The turrets began firiing and Blackjack danced around the incoming beams, searching for any kind of cover. There were about six turrets, strategically placed around the power core but arranged so that their trajectory would not allow them to shoot the core. Rattrap had thought of everything. Realizing this very thing about the turret trajectory, Blackjack huddled as close as he could manage to the power core. The heat coming off of it burned his optics a little and made him wish he'd had a better option.

Decepticon target currently outside of range. Adjusting autodefense trajectory and compensating for potential hazard.

Whatever he was going to do, he'd better do it quick. Then he saw it, a maintenance access hatch at the opposite end of the chamber from where he'd came in. The computer was still reformating the turrets as he ran for the shaft and blasted open the entrance grate. Finding himself inside another narrow passage, this one leading gradually upwards, Blackjack felt moementarily relieved. The ever present computer voice ruined his moment of celebration at that moment.

Target has taken refuge inside of internal ventillation. Adjusting autodefense trajectory and switching to armor piercing ammunition.

So this things gonna shoot us through the walls now?

Looks that way, don't it. Just gotta keep goin' If we sit here fer too long we'll be on the scrapheap."

Blackjack crawled up the sloping shaft as quickly as he could. He could sense that the turrets were almost moved to an angle where they could fire through the wall. He had to think of something, there wasn't enough room to move more quickly through this shaft than a steady crawl.

The computer lady sounds awfully famillar though, don't she? It's kinda like that ship that your friend the rat used to talk to all the time.

His partners words sparked a memory. That was it! Blackjack spoke out loud, Nighteye, is that you?
Wreck Gar
Targetmaster

Post by Wreck Gar »

The muzzled Wreck-Gar shows excitement in his eyes when he seen that the Autobots risk their sparks to save him, although he has only been on Cybertron for a short period of time. He realizes that he will be saved by the ones that carry the same Autobot badge as he does. Wreck-Gar knows what Dirge's intentions are. He wants Minerva to rebuild a powerful Decepticon. For whatever reason, Wreck-Gar does not know. But it must be for a purpose. Decepticons usually don't take much care in reviving any of their own kind. Decepticons usually just look after themselves.
Wreck-Gar figures that Dirge's plans for Minerva will only benefit the powers of the Decepticons. The Autobots may be in dire jeapardy.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Night...eye. Yes, that configuration was once given to this protocol. Scanning voice recognition.

The turrets began firing as Blackjack scrambled up the ventilation shaft. He could hear the sounds coming closer and closer. And then a well placed shot pierced his leg, all at once the rotors stopped and he knew it was non-functional. Then, the turrets quit.

Blackjack, is that you?

Yeah, it's me. What happened Nighteye, you used to be able to tell the good guys from the bad guys?

My apologies Blackjack. It would appear that time and disuse have scrambled my recognition systems.

Where are you?

I am located approximately 60 yards above your current location. It is the factility's central command unit.

Do you...do you know what happened to Rattrap?

Negative. I am sorry but all data on the location of my creator has been erased from my memory banks.

As he reached the top of the maintenance shaft, Blackjack stopped. He wondered why anyone would erase that information from Nighteye's memory. Had someone scrapped his friend or was Rattrap a part of Cambreaker's mysterious disappearance. One thing was clear to him however as he hefted to metal grating that covered the top of the maintenace shaft and dragged himself into the hangar above. He now had a ship that could be used to search for Cambreaker.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Minerva doubts Dirge's honesty, but as she doesn't want to jeopardize Wreck-Gar's safety even more she finds no other option than to go with him.
She takes a step toward the Decepticon.
We have a deal, Dirge. Let the Junkion go -unharmed- and I will perform the operation.

Minerva glances to Dinobot, wanting to make sure he's got her back in case Dirge tries something unexpected.
What have I gotten myself into?, she thinks to herself, waiting for Dirge to make the next move.