Tagon Heights

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap's optics flickered back to life as he awakened in a pile of wreckage. He groaned and stood up warily. His body ached like he had fallen from orbit, but it seemed that his internal repair systems had repaired all the significant damage. His memory circuits were hazy and there were significant gaps in the storage circuits for recent events, but his navigation system was still fully functional. A single location was marked on his map of the district.

Beast Mode.

Rattrap scampered through the ruins of the Tagon Heights towards the locator beacon marked on his map.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

" splendiferous autobot "

" dirge lets go of wreck gar who then starts to sing ( muffled by his gag ) a rendition of " i want to break free " ... dirge facepalms as wreck gar walks towards the autobots

as minerva takes a few steps away from dinobot ... dirge thinks to himself that she just needs another few steps towards him before he acts *
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

((Good to see you Rattrap. Decided to show up just in time.))

He had sent a message to Sideways, now all that was left was to wait. Nighteye had informed him that most of the above-ground security had been deactivated due to lack of maintenence in much the same way her own system were malfunctioning. Most of the damage was purely within the operational components and could be repaired by some simple hardware rebooting. Of course, all Blackjack understood was that he needed a computer expert and that was why he'd contacted Sideways. Nighteye had mentioned that a single turret remained operation near the northwest corner of the facility, but would need to be activated manually. So, having told Nighteye to give instructions to Sideways when he arrived, Blackjack had headed towards the turret emplacement.

So do you think that Decepticon is keeping his end of the bargain? came Brakkas's voice in his head.

Don't trust him to. I'm worried about Minoirva and I hope we can get there in time to do somethin'.

I know what you mean Jack. I wouldn't trust that 'con as far I could throw him. But you, you've got a history with him. You feeling alright?

Blackjack didn't respond. He remembered what Dirge had done to him last time they had met face to face. The visions, the nightmares come to life. This was a Decepticon who had mastered the ability of controlling the fears of others. Then he realized.

Oh no. They're all in dangah. We gotta hurry.

He picked up the pace and began sprinting towards the far end of the factory facility. It was a massive complex with many corridors and he only vaguely knew the way. Then, a sound from nearby caused him to stop dead in his tracks. The scurrying of tiny feet.

Who's there. Show yourself! he shouted at the sound.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap transforms as he emerges from the shadows. His mind races to identify the robot that had called him out. The short black Autobot was familiar, through the fog in his memory banks a codename became visible. A high ranking Autobot rouge, the name came to him in an instant.

Blackjack! It's good to see a familiar face.

He surveyed their surroundings, the factory complex still felt intimately familiar to him. He could remember it's construction in vibrant detail, but the walls around him showed signs of age and decay. He listened for the rumble of production and the furtive whine of maintenance. Instead he heard nothing, something was deeply wrong.

What happened here?
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Sideways pulls up to the outskirts of Tagon Heights. He stops, then Transforms and looks around.

Blackjack, It's Sideways. How can I be of assistance?

Sideways calls out over his radio. He begins to look around and survey the factory, noting the age and the need for repairs and maintenance. As he's walking around, he spots Rattrap off in the distance and begins walking over.

Hey guys. Nice to see some familiar faces.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

As the familliar grey rat scurried over to him, Blackjack felt relief. He was glad to see Rattrap still functioning and hoped that his friend could shed some light on Cambreaker's disappearance. But something in the way Rattrap looked at him, almost as though he didn't recognize him, made Blackjack feel uneasy. A moment later he grinned and called out to Blackjack by name and all doubt was washed away. Rattrap seemed to be listening for something, still confused. Then he asked the question that Blackjack had been dreading.

What happened here?

Good to see you too, Rattrap, Blackjack said, unsure of what else to say, I don't know what happened to this factory, but everything has changed around here. I woke up several Earth days aftah Galvatron blew himself up to find that Cambreakah had gone off without tellin' anyone and that most of the othah Autobots had desoirted Iacon. But I've gotta tell ya about...

He was interrupted by Sideway's transmission. It was good to know that help was already on the way. Although having Rattrap there now made him feel a little guilty for calling Sideways away from his post. Blackjack motioned to Rattrap and suggested that they begin walking back towards the central factory. As they walked he explained how he had rallied the remaining Autobots, how several newcomers had appeared, and about the current situation with Dirge. As they approached the area where Nighteye was, he could see Sideways walking towards them.

Sideways, thanks for gettin' here so quick. You remembah Rattrap. I ran into him aftah I commed you. This whole place is in disrepair and we need to get the extoirnal security up and runnin' or else that blue Deceptigoon is just gonna walk away with Minoirva.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Long time no see, Rattrap. Good to see that you're still functioning.

Sideways surveys the outside of the factory and makes mental notes about the area.

Assuming that it hasn't fallen too deep into disrepair, we should have this working pretty quickly if we work together. Rattrap probably knows this place pretty well, maybe he has an idea where to start.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Its impossible for Dinobot to trust any decepticon or predacon. As he looks at dirge with his eyes still blazing with green, he takes Wreck Gar by the arm. You ok junkion? Wreck Gar takes off his gag and starts to mutter something. Just then Dirge grabs Miinerva and shoots off through the sky. COME BACK HERE!!! Dinobot blasts off a lazer shot directly through Dirge's wing causing him to fly off balance, but it doesnt phase him very much. He tries to make another shot, but doesnt want to risk harming Minerva. Dinobot quickly transforms into Raptor mode completely baffling Wreck Gar, and takes off in the direction of Dirge's flight, with Wreck Gar following in motorcycle mode. Realizing the gravity of the situation, He gets on his comms. Blackjack, its Dinobot. We have a situation.
R.I.P. Menasor
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Good to see you too, Sideways. We should head for the computer core at the base of the control spire. Even if the core is damaged, we should be able to tie Nighteye into the external security systems.

Rattrap starts toward the control spire at the bow end of the drydock where Nighteye is tethered to the base. The spire towers over the the drydock and six surrounding factories, nearly scraping the top of the defensive dome. The tower houses all of the command and control functions of the base: the power core, the computer core, Rattrap's office, and the flight control room.

Rattrap hears Dinobot's voice over Blackjack's comms and stops, turning back to face the interim Autobot commander.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Assuming Nighteye hasn't changed since you left, Rattrap. You lead the way, I'll follow, unless you have a map you can share with me.

Sideways also stops, hearing Dinobot's comms.

That doesn't sound good.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

As they head toward the control tower area, Blackjack is again impressed by the size of the facility. Rattrap had certainly had vision when designing this place. He had come through the lower areas of the tower and not realized how high it truly reached. He felt a large amount of relief that Rattrap and Sideways were already discussing how to get things up and running. Then he thought of something he should tell Rattrap about Nighteye, how she had mistaken him for a Decepticon at first. He was about to speak when a comm from Dinobot made him freeze in his tracks.

Blackjack, its Dinobot. We have a situation.

The other two bots also stopped and looked at him with concerned expressions. Rattrap seemed somewhat pleased to hear Dinobot's voice, but unnerved by what 'we have a situation' meant. Blackjack wasted no time in responding.

Dinobot, this is Blackjack. What kind of situation is it? I'm on my way out there to back you up.

He looked at Sideways and then Rattrap.

I'm heading to the rendezvous to back up Dinobot. Whatevah that blue scrapheap was plannin', it just went down. You can either come with me or work on gettin' the security up. Rattrap, what's the best way outta this place, I don't really wanna crawl through tunnels again?
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

* Dirge blasts through the sky with minerva *

" dratted should be extict nasty horrible mouth on legs "

* dirge curses at dinobot for shooting a hole in his wing as he works to get his course back which he does

he looks down at minerva *

" this is your captain speaking ... welcome to conehead airways flight number 9764 ... we shall be in the air for about another 3 earth minutes ... if you would stop struggling and remain in your dangling position the crew would be most grateful ... have an unpleasent flight "

* just then dirge spots dinobot in warm pursuit ... he growls to himself and kicks in his afterburners ... leaving dinobot well behind *

" SO LONG SUCKA "
Wreck Gar
Targetmaster

Post by Wreck Gar »

Dinobot wrote:Wreck Gar following in motorcycle mode.
I converted into a garbage truck (Animated series).

HEY TEACHER LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE!!
Wreck-Gar yells towards Dirge's direction as he transforms into Garbage truck and follows the convoy to save the fembot doctor that helped save him.

To infiniti and BEYOND!
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap thinks for a minute, he doesn't like the idea of leaving Sideways alone in his base to complete the repairs. He wants to know why his self sufficient hideaway had broken down, but he didn't like the idea of leaving his fellow soldiers undermanned and without air support, fighting against a violent and unstable Decepticon. Blackjack had said that Iacon had been shattered and was still being restored, the heights could offer a vital safe haven if the mission against Dirge went badly. Rattrap shakes his head.

I'll stay here and help Sideways get this base back up to snuff. You're going to want to head out that way. Good luck, Blackjack.

Rattrap points to the edge of the dome, where a large blast door lead to the outside world.

Let's get to work, Sideways.

Rattrap leads the way to the control spire. He enters the lift with Sideways and waits in silence as the elevator smoothly descends into the bowels of the base. The lift doors open and the smell of burnt electronics permeates the lift.

In the center of the room sits a huge cylindrical computer radiating thick cables outwards towards smaller computers. These smaller computers, combined with the lift, form a large hexagon of distributed power cables around the periphery of the room. Thick bundles of data cables ran from the central computer to each of the smaller computers. Two of these cable bundles are burnt and blackened on the outside. One of the smaller computers is emitting sparks. Rattrap surveys the room and swears.

Slag, no wonder the lights are on and almost nothing's working. Do you want to have a look at the sparking computer? That's the control computer for the external security system. I'm going to run to a storage chamber and grab some spare data cables.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

He nods and runs in the direction Rattrap is pointing. Pushing aside the large, metal doors Blackjack sees in the distance the thing he most feared happening. Dirge is rocketing through the Cybertronian night with Minerva in tow. Apparently something had happened. Immediately he transforms to Esprit mode and zooms in the direction Dirge is heading, hoping to meet up with Dinobot.

As he makes he way through the deserted industrial district, he sees two figures on the ground following the blue jet. One is a familar Earth-style dinosaur the other is large truck. Wondering who the newcomer is only for a second, Blackjack heads in their direction. He sees no sign of Wreck-Gar and can only hope that he was returned safely, perhaps freed by his Junkion companions. As he apporaches Dinobot he calls out from vehicle mode.

What happened? How'd Doirge get away with her? I thought we'd planned for this.

Feeling helpless to rescue his friend, Blackjack could only watch as the much faster Decpeticon jet rocketed away. He cursed his own lack of experience as a leader as well as his decision to act on his own. Right now he had one thing on his mind, finding Minerva.

No one else is gonna die because of me.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

'Jack, if I recall correctly, didn't you trace his call back from Iacon? Maybe that'll lead us somewhere?

Sideways radio's to Blackjack. As Rattrap scampers off, Sideways heads for the sparking computer. Setting to work, he disconnects the burnt cable bundles from the smaller computer and takes off the cover to get a better look at the internals.

I don't know if new data cables are gonna be enough. I'll see what I can do.

Sideways pulls a small data cable from his body and connects it to a port on the PC. Data from the security computer are fed into his processors, and he begins to search for just exactly what happened to cause this PC to malfunction. Sideways is able to pull some security camera footage of the room..

You should take a look at this...
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap returns to the room carrying two bundles of data cables. Rattrap sets down the cable bundles as Sideways calls him over. Sideways uploads some data to a datapad and shows it to Rattrap. A time stamped image of the room is displayed on the screen. The room is empty, when suddenly sparks fly out of two of the data cable bundles.

Must have been a power surge.

Just as Rattrap is about to turn away from the screen a short red 'bot enters the room. The 'bot marches over to the external security computer, removes several components, and destroys them with a laser cutter built into its finger. The 'bot turns around a marches back out of the room and the video playback stops.

What does this mean? That Nighteye damaged the base? Why would she do that?
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Maybe there's something wrong with the maintenance computer as well?

Sideways pulls out a blackened and charred circuit board from the security computer.

Well, here's a problem.. This circuit board is fried. Can you see if you have another one?
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Minerva is caught completely off guard as Dirge suddenly grabs her and takes off, leaving Dinobot and Wreck-Gar no chance to intervene.

Slag, she thinks to herself, where were the Junkions? She had expected the Decepticon to try something, but she couldn’t help but berate herself for not being prepared for something like this.

Minerva struggles and tries to free herself from Dirge’s grip before he reaches a too high altitude, knowing that she wouldn’t survive a fall too high.
Let me go! she shouts, trying to kick Dirge in the undercarriage, but failing miserably.

Dirge mocks her, telling her to stop and as he speeds up and leaves Dinobot and Wreck-Gar behind them, she finds that she has no other choice but to hang on and see where he’s taking her.
She leaves her comm. to Dinobot open, hoping that it will help them locate her.
Wreck Gar
Targetmaster

Post by Wreck Gar »

Wreck-Gar knows where Dirge is heading. He knows the location of the "hideout".

Follow me if you want to live. He says to Dinobot.

Wreck-Gar speeds off towards Dirge's hideout...

"¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! We will get the cheese from the loco gato"