Tagon Heights

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

I'll go grab a computer from the store room to cannibalize parts from.

Rattrap makes his way to the store room and grabs a small cylindrical computer from a rack of spares. He ponders Nighteye's actions as he rummages through the spare computer for the right circuit board. Rattrap reenters the computer core and hands Sideways the replacement circuit board.

Rattrap moves over to the maintenance computer and disconnects the charred data cable protruding from the base. He rolls up the broken cable and detaches it from the central computer. Rattrap grabs one of the replacement data cables and runs it from the central computer to the maintenance computer. Rattrap crosses his fingers and plugs the data cable into the maintenance computer.

A gentle whine echoes throughout the base as hundreds of maintenance drones reactivate and resume their activities as if no time had passed. The maintenance computer hums loudly as fresh data streams in from the internal sensors and it compiles a number of addendums to add to the maintenance task list. The screen above the maintenance computer shows an image of the base schematics with damaged areas highlighted in order of priority. Rattrap accesses the list and adds an emergency priority task to the list: disconnect Nighteye from the base systems.

Finally some luck, with the maintenance computer up and running we can run a proper diagnostic of the external security computer.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Thank you.

Sideways takes the circuit board that Rattrap has handed to him, and he begins repairing the security computer. A few kliks later, the parts are installed and Sideways returns the cover to the computer.

That should do it.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

As Blackjack is asking Dinobot what happened to Minerva, it pains Dinobot to admit failure on his part. Blackjack, I have failed Minerva. I was in charge of her well being, but I let Dirge take her from us. Blackjack says, "No one else is gonna die because of me" Dinobot transforms into robot mode and he stabs is sword into the ground. No one is gonna die today! There is a short moment of silence from Wreck Gar and Blackjack. Blackjack has never seen this type of anger surface from Dinobot before. It startled him to see, and it seemed a little too close to decepticon behavior.
R.I.P. Menasor
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap hooks up the second replacement data cable to the external security computer. The computer hums and begins to stream data from around the base to the screen above it. The whole Tagon Heights district is displayed on the screen and the screen reads "No Decepticon activity detected" in bold green letters. The scans show that Dinobot and Blackjack have left the district.

Looks like we did it. Rattrap grins. We should probably check on Nighteye and make sure that she's still airworthy, in case they need backup.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap and Sideways walk from the control spire down to into the shuttle dry-dock. Nighteye sits in the dry-dock, now isolated from the base control systems. A pair of blue, brawn-sized drones are on the bottom of the dry-dock, removing data-cables and returning them a nearby storage locker.

A gangway extends down from a hatch on the starboard side of the gunship section. Rattrap and Sideways ascend the gangway and the hatch slides open, allowing them access to the grey interior of the ship. Interior turrets swivel towards the hatchway as it opens. The turrets briefly target the two before returning to a neutral position.

Sideways and Rattrap make their way down the hallway towards the bridge. They enter the bridge from the rear, four multifunctional control stations are arranged in a trapezoid. A chair sits in the center of the room with a variety of controls on the arms. A large display screen dominates the front of the room, currently displaying an overhead map of the Tagon Heights base.

Rattrap! You're back!

Long time no see, old friend. Rattrap sighs as a wave of nostalgia washes over him. It certainly has been-

Rattrap, Sideways, Makeway, Jazz. This is Blackjack calling any Autobot in the area. We need backup at the ruins of Kaon. NOW!

Before Rattrap or Sideways can respond, the bridge begins to rumble beneath them as Nighteye rises out of the dry-dock and approaches the ceiling of the great dome over the Tagon Heights Base. The ceiling shutters as the top splits open for the first time in ages. The shuttle accelerates out of the split in the dome and turns towards Kaon as the dome below closes.

Nighteye shimmers briefly before disappearing and entering enemy airspace.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Wasn't expecting that..

Sideways is suddently airborne as Nighteye takes off towards Blackjack and the rest of the Autobots who need assistance.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

By the time the effects of Dirge’s weapon had worn off, Minerva didn’t know for how long she’d been driving or where she currently was.
She had no idea that Dirge was in possession of such a devastating weapon. During those breems, or was it mega-cycles? she didn’t know for sure, but she’d faced her worst fears over and over again, and it had almost driven her insane. It felt like it had been going on for an eternity.

She slowed down, exhausted. Her thought processors were overcharged and energy levels low. In the back of her mind, images of the horrors she’d suffered were dancing as a reminder of what had just transpired. They were less powerful this time, but still pained her and made her feel very uneasy.

A great sadness weighed on her spark, and even though she intellectually knew that none of the things she’d just experienced had actually taken place, she’d suffered it all in her mind like a bad dream. A bad dream where Cambreaker had been taken away from her in the most brutal way and her friends and allies had turned against her, easily finding her weak spots, aiming for them and striking repeatedly with no mercy.

Snapping out of her thoughts Minerva looks at her surroundings, not immediately identifying her whereabouts, but deeming it far away enough from Dirges base and Kaon to be relatively safe.
Abandoned buildings and debris were scattered across the area. Minerva knew she couldn’t allow herself to collapse out in the open, even though her body threatened to do so. She rolled in to a partly collapsed building, not even bothering to transform.
The place seemed safe enough and she desperately needed the rest. Turning off her comm. to reduce the risk of being tracked by Decepticons, she then slips into a temporary stasis lock for internal repairs and recovery.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Following Redline's commands, Nighteye cruises over the surface of Cybertron. Following Minerva's trail she enters the Tagon Heights district.

Rattrap and Dinobot enter the Medbay and see Blackjack lying on one of the repair beds. Rattrap is dismayed to see Blackjack in such rough shape. A wave of relief washes over him when he hears that Sideways can get Blackjack into the safety of stasis lock. As things are beginning to look up, a voice booms over the comms.

Be aware Autobots, the fallen has risen again!

Rattrap's mech-fluid pump nearly stops when he hears the voice of Galvatron. The knowledge that the formerly dead Decepticon Lieutenant had been reborn as the Emperor of Destruction was almost enough to drain the color from his face. Rattrap whispers to himself in terror.

No. You're dead. That explosion was powerful enough to knock out a large portion of Iacon.

Rattrap dismays at the prospect of leading the Autobots against Galvatron. They were in a sorry state, only four 'bots online, one of whom was still recovering from battle. Wreck-Gar is dead, Blackjack is incapacitated, and Galvatron has risen. We are all doomed unless we can find Cambreaker and soon.

Sideways, Rattrap, Dinobot? We are closing on Minerva's location now. I don't know what kind of shape she's in, but it's not looking good. I need the med bay readied for another patient and one of you to make your way to the hatch pronto. We need to get her in here.

Redline's good news brings little relief to the rat, but it briefly snaps him out of his pessimistic train of thought.

That's good news, Redline. You should get ready to come back to the Medbay, Sideways could use your help. I'll go out and grab Minerva.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

As Sideways toils over Blackjack's body he finds that for every bit of progress he makes, something slips backwards. Although it seems that Blackjack is almost in a stable stasis lock, there is something else. Something in Blackjack's very spark is preventing the repair process. It is as if there is another presense.

As Rattrap and Dinobot enter the medbay they see Sideways busying himself over Blackjack's still body. Suddenly, one of Blackjack's arms reach out and grasps Sideways's shoulder. Blackjack's optics alight with a blueish glow and he speaks in a voice that is not familiar to any of the Autobots.

Your friend's spark slips away and little time remains. Take him....to Iacon..............Royal.........Flush.

And just as suddenly as it had happened, the arm falls lifeless again. The form of Blackjack still body lies on the table as if nothing had happened.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

After witnessing Blackjack's strange display, Rattrap exits the Medbay and makes for the starboard gunship hatch. He passes Redline in the hallway, on her way to the Medbay to prepare for Minerva's arrival. The ships noises change as she slows and descends over the location that Redline's scans indicated. Rattrap leaps from the craft and lands in the middle of a derelict road.

He spots Minerva in a nearby building. Her white and red paint job sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the dull and aged metals. Rattrap pushes the sports car into the middle of the road. Freshly repaired cables descend from Nighteye. Rattrap hooks Minerva to one of them and grabs onto the other. He gives Nighteye a thumbs up and the cables begin to winch back up.

Rattrap pulls himself back into the hatch and drags Minerva in after him. He detaches her from the cable and begins pushing her down the hallway. Rattrap carefully maneuvers Minerva to the Medbay. He enters the room and lifts her onto the repair bed that Redline had readied. Rattrap turns towards the Autobots who had been working on Blackjack.

We're making a temporary return to Iacon. Due to everything that's happened, treat it as hostile territory. Stay on your toes and don't trust anything that's moving down there. See if you can get Minerva online before we get there, we can use any 'bot we can get.

Rattrap exits the Medbay and makes his way to the bridge. He sits down in the captain's chair and starts plotting their course to Iacon, ordering Nighteye to start running detailed scans of the area to search for any Autobot or Decepticon sparks. Laying in a course that will take them through the large hole left by Galvatron's explosion, he relaxes as the ship begins moving again, listening to the soothing sound of the engine's throbs humming throughout the ship.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Rattrap lift Minerva's seemingly lifeless porsche mode onto the table, and after a brief word slips away. Maximize. Dinobot looks much better after being in beast mode for a few cycles since returning to raptor mode from the battle. So, since I dont even want to know what just happened when he grabbed your shoulder, i'll take care of Minerva for the moment, while your working on him. I may need help, because im no med bot.

Looking back at Minerva, and seeing the rough shape she is in, Dinobot's spark stings quite hard. Minerva, I know you cant hear me, but I want to tell you how sorry I am for losing you. I am ashamed that I could not protect you from harm. He begins hooking up a light energon, oil mix IV into her antenna mount that sideways motioned him towards.
R.I.P. Menasor
Redline
Alternator

Post by Redline »

Redline rushed to the Medbay. By the time she had arrived, Rattrap was lowering Minerva's alt mode to the table.

Don't worry, Dinobot. I can give you a hand.

She moved toward her injured friend and began a scan of her systems. Minerva had entered a state of stasis lock, but her minor internal repair systems were activated and functional. Her systems did not seem terribly damaged, but there were strange stress markers on many of the scans and outputs. She had definitely been through a lot, but nothing either of the two bots had ever seen before. The medbot's systems were slowly showing signs of rebooting, indicating that she was repairing successfully on her own.

I think Minerva's just going to need some time and support. From what I see here, I would expect her to be up and around in a cycle or so.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Ey boss, it looks like dat tank is done.

Chopper tosses a pair of keys to Pinstripe. Pinstripe snags them without turning his attention from the monitor. He taps the keyboard irritatedly.

Agh. There's nothing more for us here. Fleetside?

Nothing here either. It looks like they left us the basic schematics of the tank as promised, and they hampered its flight capability. I figured they would tweak it. Aaaand... I can't seem to crack into something called "dominator" or this other one, "paranoia." It's like whatever damaged parts of the base caused the security system to lock down.

Uhh... What's a "paranoia"? Do dey build dem heah too?

Pinstripe sighs and touches his browplate with his fingers.

No paranoia isn't a thing... agh... it's... no, you can't build paranoia. In... a factory. Chopper, why don't you find Deuce and the others and get ready to pull out. I suspect Blackjack will be returning to Cybertron with friends

Shoah ting boss. Do we get to smash dem too when dey get heah?

Maybe. We'll see. Hurry along... we're going to be out of here with the tank and without a trace in a breem. Fleetside, do you have the data tracks?

Right here.

Fleetside flashes a data disk between his fingers and then stows it. A few minutes later, Fleetside pulls the driver hatch shut.

Turn right in forty deciclicks, a polite female voice chimes. Turn right, now. Fleetside watches the green arrow on the tiny screen advance and angle right along a Tagon causeway. Fascinated, he blows past the actual causeway.

Recalculating... Go straight...... turn right in forty deciclicks.