My G1 (and others) Collection so Far

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

GPrime2011
Targetmaster

My G1 (and others) Collection so Far

Post by GPrime2011 »

I am collecting mainly Generation 1 figures right now, got plenty at the mo and its still growing, mostly aiming at the 1984/85 lines at the mo. Just thought I would start by showing off my collection lol.

Any ideas on how much this could be worth at the mo. (hope these links work!)

Needless to say i'm quite proud (and geeeky I suppose lol) :)

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j41 ... OLLECITON/

Here are
SIXSHOT
STARSCREAM
THUNDERCRACKER
SKYWARP
SUNSTORM
THRUST
DIRGE
RAMJET
DEVASTATOR
MENASOR
BOMBSHELL
KICKBACK
SHRAPNEL
SOUNDWAVE
BUZZSAW
LASERBEAK
RAVAGE
RUMBLE
FRENZY
OPTIMUS PRIME
MIRAGE
HOUND
TRAILBREAKER
BLUESTREAK
PROWL
WHEELJACK
INFERNO
GRAPPLE
SUNSTREAKER
TRACKS
MEGATRON
SKYLYNX
HUBCAP
BUMBLEBEE
CLIFFJUMPER
TAILGATE
PIPES
HUFFER
GEARS
WINDCHARGER
BRAWN
SWERVE
BEACHCOMBER
OUTBACK
MOVIE VOYAGER STARSCREAM
MOVIE VOYAGER BLACKOUT
MOVIE DELUXE PREMIUM BUMBLEBEE
ROTF DELUXE RAVAGE
ROTF DELUXE SIDESWIPE
LORD STRAXUS (DARKMOUNT)
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Welcome to the board! :) As one fellow G1 collector to another, that's a damn nice collection you have there GPrime! I was the same way collecting transformers. I had a target date set in mind and was going to stop at the '86 movie originally. Boredom got the best of me though and I eventually crossed that picket line... :lol: Good to have you around!
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Nice collection so far and welcome to Transformerland
PETER IS GOD!Image
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

:)

Post by GPrime2011 »

Thanks. Kinda doing it in stages, hoping to have more combiners there soon and the Dinobots.

Most of the figures are complete too, with left over accessoires kept safely in a box :)

Thanks for the welcome!.
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Sweet! I see you have Devastator and Menasor. Who are you going after next? And good luck on hunting those dinos down...I couldn't decide which one to go after first so I bid on auction for all five a few years back...got lucky and won. If you're willing to part with any of your extra accessories be sure to post up a "for sale" list over in the Billboard too. :wink:
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Gonna sort out Dinobots first i reckon cos I need to put up more shelving as running out of space. Tho it may be a combiner a month or something.

P.S i'm always willing to sell a figure/accessory or two for a good price. i can always replace them eventually....i'm in the right place after all.

Oh i forgot to mention, Megatron, Prime and Inferno have there original boxes too :) Megs even has the styrofoam insert still.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Welcome to the forums! I think you're going to like it around here! How long have you been collecting?

Very impressive collection. I kind of got side tracked on collecting G1 and went for the generations line lately. I'll get back to it eventually.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Been colecting for about 2yrs now. i sold off my original collection once they were salavged from my mums loft. Then i decided to start colecting again. Was gonna just go for a few combiners and hae just a nice small display, but now i'm pushing it further and cant stop! lol

8) :) :D Got sideswipe coming from Ebay and Red Alert coming from Transformerland itself. still need to get hold of Jazz and Smokescreen, theres a few figures I'm omitting from the Autobot cars for various fussy reasons.

Then I'm moving on to finishing the Combiners....with a Dinobot or two along the way. :)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Out of curiosity, which of the Autobot Cars are you leaving out?
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Ironhide and Ratchet....I know it sounds mean but I've hated them two with a passion since 1984. I just cant look at those horrible headless robots. lol

Forgot I'm also going to get hold of Skids and Hoist.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I agree. The thought production behind those not having heads was horrible (imo) but there are aftermarket kits available to remedy that situation. You can get the Encore head set for both Ratchet/Ironhide pretty cheap. I recommend the GT-01 kit, though, where you get the highly detailed head/arms/back panel....will run you a little bit more however.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

May check that out at some time.

Tho I'm trying to stick to original G1 I am happy to deviate a little at times. :)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Nothing wrong with being proud of one's collection. :)
Welcome to the boards GPrime2011, that's a great looking collection you've got there!
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

thanks, I'll probably update those pics from time to time when its grown substantially in size.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I guess I don't blame you on those two. I really love the variety their vehicle modes add, but the whole transformation and robot modes are waaay off from one's expectations given the importance of their characters. And, frankly, while i like them in their quirky way (they remind me of MASK Slingshot), even the Diaclone application didn't make sense. As you may or may not know, most Autobot cars and the Seekers were all intended to have little driver figures. But would you really want the driver sitting in front of your FACE? Weird. :lol:
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Time Traveller wrote:I guess I don't blame you on those two. I really love the variety their vehicle modes add, but the whole transformation and robot modes are waaay off from one's expectations given the importance of their characters. And, frankly, while i like them in their quirky way (they remind me of MASK Slingshot), even the Diaclone application didn't make sense. As you may or may not know, most Autobot cars and the Seekers were all intended to have little driver figures. But would you really want the driver sitting in front of your FACE? Weird. :lol:
That's because they are mecha "power suits". They weren't meant to have faces. Besides, the "trailer" is a battle station. The Diaclone driver has a seat, treads, a death ray and a deadly missile launcher. How cool is that?
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

That's true, but as far as the robot portion goes, almost all the other driveable robots have a face that is not covered by the driver. It's why Prime is cool and GoBots Stacks falls by the wayside ;)
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Time Traveller wrote:That's true, but as far as the robot portion goes, almost all the other driveable robots have a face that is not covered by the driver. It's why Prime is cool and GoBots Stacks falls by the wayside ;)
You may find it weird, but I love the design of Baron Von Joy or Herr Fiend...

Think of Ironhide/Ratchet cab as a "working mask" to use a grinding disc, for example. But in addition, it has a full exo-skeleton. Badass!
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Masterpiece

Post by GPrime2011 »

Seem to be getting a good deal of attention.

Just to say, here is the latest addition to the collection

MASTERPIECE SKYWARP

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j41 ... G_5971.jpg

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j418/gcanty/
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

AUTOBOT CAR UPDATE

Post by GPrime2011 »

Well here they are, the entire 1984-85 line up of the Autobot Cars :) Most of them have all accessories, and even the odd box/instructions/decoder, just missing the odd missile/gun here and there, as you can see in the pic, Ironhide and Ratchet are present, complete with head gear making them look like they should. :)

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j418/gcanty/

Pretty sweet huh :)

G