Happy Easter!

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Happy Easter!

Post by Minerva »

Time sure flies. Not too long ago we were celebrating Christmas, and now it's already easter!
So how are you all going to spend your easter? Do you have any traditional celebrations?
I will be visiting my family for an easter dinner (no easter bunnies involved).
Happy Easter everyone!
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Well I'm particularly sad that to learn this morning that I don't get a day off on Monday (or today for that matter) because of the holiday. I'm not doing anything special for Easter other than surprising my fiancee with flowers as Sunday is also our aniversary.

We have two Easter bunnies that we will be celebrating with for the first time. I'll try to get a picture or two up here or in the 'pets' thread.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Re: Happy Easter!

Post by Galvatron »

Minerva wrote:Do you have any traditional celebrations?
Every year we buy a bunny from the pet store.
Then come easter sunday, the family gets together and forms a circle around the bunny. The bunny panics and runs around inside the circle.
Eventually the bunny tries to make an excape by running out of the human circle. The lucky person who the bunny runs by in attempt to excape gets to kill the bunny. It's kinda like the spin the bottle game.

Just kidding. We usually get together with all the family and have a nice dinner. Younger children go easter egg hunting.
Last year, my daughter caught me hiding the eggs.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Blackjack wrote:Well I'm particularly sad that to learn this morning that I don't get a day off on Monday (or today for that matter) because of the holiday. I'm not doing anything special for Easter other than surprising my fiancee with flowers as Sunday is also our aniversary.
Damn...that sux you don't get a 3 day weekend considering it's your anniversary too! :( If it makes you feel any better I had to work today and will have to Monday as well...

We have no plans. Other than going to church Sunday. Having a nice lunch followed by an Easter egg hunt. We have already died the eggs and put stickers on them...there will also be the plastic money filled "prize" eggs as well. :wink: Hidden so well you'd think a leprechaun did it. :twisted:
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Blackjack wrote:I'm not doing anything special for Easter other than surprising my fiancee with flowers as Sunday is also our aniversary.
I'd say that sounds quite special! Congratulations you two! :D
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Congrats, roomie!

Well, our family typically has a nice big ham dinner on Sunday, but my sister works at a restaurant and is required to work dinner, so we got together at Granny's today (Saturday). Nothing big, just the five of us.

As kids, we hunted around the house for Easter baskets full of stuff.

One of my most memorable basket hunts was easter of 1996. I was a little 10 year old minicon, and none too tall. My basket was cleverly hidden on top of a tall radio cabinet, and from my low viewing angle, I had to be about 20 feet from the cabinet to see the basket on top of it. Of course, I was the close inspection type, getting my face in everything for the slightest trace of a wicker basket handle. After well over an hour and checking everything in the house two or three times, dad clued me in that he thought he'd noticed something up high while filming my hunt. Finally, I found the basket up there, and Dad had to reach it down, but it was totally worth it: there was a (rock-bubble, of course) Beast Wars Rattrap!
Now, this may not seem like much, but it meant that Transformers was going to continue, despite my many tears at the cancellation of Generation 2 late the previous year.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Happy Easter all!

I am keeping it simple over here. No plans for today. Today we made breakfast together. She has to work and I have the day off. That about sums up our Easter today. :)

Hope everyone has a great Easter!
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

went to feed the animals inside ...
looked at the sun outside ...
pondered ...
opened the door and booted em out to fend for themselves and went to lay in the sun :lol:

happy easter sunday :lol: