Countdown’s 1000th post Extravaganza

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Countdown’s 1000th post Extravaganza

Post by Countdown »

Welcome to my 1000th post extravaganza that really isn’t an extravaganza (if extravaganza really meant rambling). This post is just an excuse for me to be a post whore. I’d like to start by saying it was a lot of fun making those 1000 posts and that I am glad to have gotten to know some of you through TFL. I easily consider the people I get to interact with on TFL as friends. This is a great online community.

Since this is my 1000 post extravaganza I thought that I would do a few things. I’ll post a collection update w/ some photos and thoughts. I’ll share my (new) favorite figure. And, I will ramble off indiscriminately.

I think I’ll start off by asking, what is your favorite figure as far as Transformers go? If you have a tie for your favorite - that’s ok too.

My favorite figure would be Generation 1 Star Saber from the Transformers Victory Series. I recently had an opportunity to acquire him from that online auction site whose name shall not be said. While browsing for Victory figures, I decided to do a plain and simple transformers search and I found one for Optimus Prime that looked nothing like Optimus Prime. Those auctions that are mislabeled / misnamed always intrigue me. It was an original, semi-complete (he didn’t know if it was complete), semi off-white 1989 Star Saber. The owner didn’t remember acquiring the figure. He thought he was ‘A Prime’ and was ready to sell it. I’ve looked into getting a Star Saber before and the prices have always exceeded (when I looked) $350 for a complete figure. And, many of the Star Sabers that I looked into buying had huge issues with being yellow. Mine’s not as yellow as I feared it could have been.

I currently own a knock off Star Saber that for all intents and purposes is amazing. The plastic quality is high. The figure is the exact mold. The joints are great for a knock off but, not the same joints that original used (the original is made up of almost all clicky joints). The accessories are all present. The only gripe was that the colors were all skewed. It was a great stand in for SS. At the time, it was (and still is) an amazing substitute for the real deal. I was very happy with my knock off Star Saber, however I just couldn’t pass an opportunity to acquire SS.

If I was to choose another, maybe even one that tied with SS, I would go with Skystalker w/ his shuttle. I grew up with that figure and it just might be another figure to anyone else, but that was the figure that addicted me to Transformers. As a kid, Skystalker came with everything I was looking for: a fast car, a space ship, lots of guns, and a base! Skystalker was the one that started it all for me. I still remember shopping for him when he came out!

Now onto my collection update. I’ll break these down by genre/type/series. Then I’ll post pics of my display area with the figures.

Classics Henkei Universe Generations Reveal The Shield Collection:

I love the Classics Series since it helps to re-imagine the G1 figures. And, I am a G1er at heart. I recently went on a binge to catch up on past figures that I missed. I picked up Skywarp & Mirage for example. I also paid way too much for them. Since paying too much seems to be a pretty normal standard after the figure has been released for a few years I decided to get as many of the Generations figures that I was interested in before the prices skyrocketed. Retail pricing would be nice. I’d still like to get Grapple (um… Grappel…) and Inferno (scratch Inferno… I just won him last night).

G1 Collection as a whole:

I was going to post a picture of all of them, but it seemed like too much work. I’d like to get a picture out of them soon. I just don’t relish getting them all on the same table for a picture. Besides some of them don’t get along… and when they don’t get along it makes picture day very difficult (that’s my excuse for not taking the picture for now).

I haven’t actively sought out G1 figures as of late. They are still my passion (as far as being a Transformers Collector). I recently got carried away with catching up on the current CHUG figures. But, I only got carried away with them since they remind me of G1 so much.

G1 Victory Collection as a whole:

I reused some of the G1 figures such as the Rescue Squad and Skystalker (whoops, I forgot to add Skystalker to the picture... oh well). I’m not going to get the Thunder Arrow and the Japanese set of the RS just to complete the collection. I have plans to get Ginrai (commemorative reissue) and would like to get Galaxy Shuttle. I actually bid on GS a little while ago, but it went over $315 (It ended at $660!!!) and that is a dollar amount I can’t hide from my better half. Since I couldn’t hide it, I tried to convince her that it was a sound investment. When that failed, I tried to explain to her how it would be so cool to have a space shuttle! That was a bigger no-go. I should have stuck with the investment angle. So it was a giant no-go. One of these days though. The Multiforce / Landcross figures are Takara Micromaster Reissues. Liokaiser is another figure that I would pick up in a heartbeat if my luck was good. A KO company in China is looking into releasing KOs of Japanese G1 figures in the next year or two. I might end up picking it up then for less if they actually follow through and create the figures. I doubt they will though. I left out my knock off Star Saber and my KO Star Saber and Victory Leo figures.

Ok, Ok, this wasn’t much of an extravaganza. Oh well. :) Hope you enjoyed my rambling. Thanks for a great time while making these 1000 posts!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Nice collection pics, Countdown!
You actually have some things that even I'M a little jealous of... Unsurprisingly, they are mostly figures that are SUPPOSED to be mass release (Wreck-Gar, Warpath, Wheeljack, Perceptor...) Your SS is quite nice, but I'm really curious to see the KO SS you extol. Perhaps you could follow up with a 1003rd post extravaganza on this?

CHUG: (Classics, Henkei, Universe, Generations)... BRILLIANT. I AM LABELING MY CLASSICS BOXES THIS. :lol:

Also, good job on not spending $600 on a Galaxy Shuttle. Seriously, you'd have more fun spending that $600 on a dozen or more G1 US figures. Or some epic GoBots. :twisted: Or a project car. Or a decent, small house in my hometown. Seriously.

Lastly, Minerva and I decided it's pronounced gruh-PELL (pell rhymes with bell). Just to be seriously. Hey, at least he wasn't renamed "Craneblast" or something!

CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST MILLENIPOST!
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Time Traveller wrote:CHUG: (Classics, Henkei, Universe, Generations)... BRILLIANT. I AM LABELING MY CLASSICS BOXES THIS. :lol:
Agree! I've just been calling all of them CLASSICS. Until once I seen the phrase CHUG. Mark this down in the TF history. From now on I shall call them CHUGs. I hope all TFLers do the same. The CHUG line figures are all great!!

And hitting the 1000 mark is a great experience. I've done it 4 times.
Congradulations
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Congrats on hitting your 1,000th post, bud! :wink: You are the 26th TFL member to do so and are in select company with some of the greats that continue to come and gone. An epic achievement indeed.

My favorite figure? Usually the one I'm after and don't have. Fortress Maximus would be that figure right now. :( Though that Star Saber does look nice! :wink: I don't know a whole hell of a lot about him....maybe I'll check out a review of him after I make this post.

Outstanding collection! I'm really jealous of your compilation of CHUG figures up to this point. I also missed out on lots of these in stores and sorely regret it now. As prices on these have significantly went up in value. Is a Classics Jetfire in the foreseeable future?
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

The 2006 Classics Voyager Jetfire figure will be in my future. Matter of fact Trance has one here. Hard to bite the $60 bullet tho. ;)

Here's a few pic of the knock off:

And, thinking more on which is my favorite figure... I think it falls back to Skystalker and his shuttle... We have too much history for a newbie to take his place. ;)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Congratulations on your 1000th post!
You've acquired a quite an impressive collection over the years!
CHUG? -That's brilliant! Now I know how to label my TF boxes for storage, so if you don't mind, I'm going to borrow that as well. ;)

Your Japanese TFs look very nice. I'm honestly a little envious of your Star Saber. Mine has unfortunately seen better days. :/
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Time Traveller wrote:CHUG: (Classics, Henkei, Universe, Generations)... BRILLIANT. I AM LABELING MY CLASSICS BOXES THIS. :lol:
Galvatron wrote:Agree! I've just been calling all of them CLASSICS. Until once I seen the phrase CHUG. Mark this down in the TF history. From now on I shall call them CHUGs. I hope all TFLers do the same. The CHUG line figures are all great!!
Minerva wrote:Congratulations on your 1000th post!
You've acquired a quite an impressive collection over the years!
CHUG? -That's brilliant! Now I know how to label my TF boxes for storage, so if you don't mind, I'm going to borrow that as well. ;)
I've seen this term used on various other Transformers forums. You could take it one step further and make it plural, though:

CHUGER'S (Classics, Henkei, Universe, Generations, Exclusives (as in Convention or insert E-hobby here), Reveal the Shield. Dunno, just my thoughts. Thought about replacing the "E" with an "A" for Animated, too...lol.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Truth be told I still think Classics has a better ring to it. But, yeah chug works.

I wish these classics figures didn't jump in price so much. I really really kick myself for not getting them while they were out. I won't make that mistake again.

It stinks that these figures retailed for $13 or so and you end up paying as high as $30-50 a piece for them. And, that is just some of those deluxes. But, I should have got them then. Now I know better.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Classics
Henkei
Universe
Generations
Exclusives
Reveal the
Shield

It keeps getting better!!
We need another "G" for correct spelling

Animated don't belong with the CHUGs. It needs to stay seperated.
The animated line is my 3rd all time favorite. Those figures are freakin awesome!
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

CHUGERS LMAO. I love it lol. Congrads on your 1000 post many more to go i hope

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520