Fall Ebay Updates

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Fall Ebay Updates

Post by LD2062 »

Just got an email about ebay's new fall updates. Which included this fun bit:

"Keeping buyers on eBay
Buyers should be able to find everything they need to complete a purchase right in the listing--and if necessary, contact the seller right from eBay. Starting in October, sellers will not be able to submit a new listing or re-listing if the description includes an email address or link that doesn't help buyers transact safely and efficiently on eBay."

This is a concern for me because my listings contain several links. Several to photobucket galleries for parts and accessories I don't have listed. And of course the transformerland link.

Both of which might get my listings pulled. Because according to a seller rep on the phone ebay does not want links for items not listed on ebay, or to sites that do transactions off ebay.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

What if you're not affiliated with those sites, and just use them for informational purposes like TFL?
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I don't know. But the guy I talked to did say they were trying to block links to non-ebay stores. Which certainly hits TFL.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Well just called about this again.

Photobucket gallery of items that I don't have listed - we'll see. Rep didn't know.

Transformerland - definitely supposed to be removed.

Now I have not been tagged yet for anything. But since being tagged pulls my listing down, which incurs a new listing fee after revision when resubmitting the listing, AND gives me a policy violation strike I'm not interested in waiting. Multiple policy violations will result in the loss of my fee discount for being a TRS. That'll cost me hundreds a year. So I cannot risk it after the couple THOUSAND!!!! in extra fees I'm already going to pay this year after their last round of price increases.

I don't know what the deadline is for normal sellers. But the Rep. said stores are supposed to have until the first of the year to complete their revisions do to the large number of listings they have. I have not seen that in writing though.

So I have begun revising my listings to remove the transformerland link. Which of course do not seem to be bulk editable. I get to revise them 1 at a time. 40 down 215 left to go.

Maybe its just as well transformerland doesn't have a database for power rangers too. I'd have double the listings to change.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Well I finished revising all 255 listings. And then found out ebay had a glitch. If you revise an item that uses calculated shipping it caused an error in ebay's search results when you are viewing "price+shipping" search results. Those revised items are listed as "shipping not specified" which means they were put at the bottom of the list.

So basically all my items that weighed more than 13 ounces were put at the bottom of the lists. My sales were down over 50%. Seems like they finally fixed that this morning though.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

My major complaint (as a buyer) is the new zoom feature when you search items on there. It blows up the entire 1/3 right hand side of the screen and displays the first listing which is usually one that doesn't interest the buyer. Also, on a completed listings search it leaves 1/2 the screen blank and you end up missing vital information. There is no opt out button. Makes shopping on there really, really difficult. :x
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Zoom?

The only zoom thing I see is when I'm viewing a single items listing. Clicking zoom underneath the picture just brings up an image pop up I can move around. It disappears as soon as my mouse leaves the image.

I'm using win 7 and Chrome.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Well I just got my email from ebay about their super new summer updates and all the lovely benefits for me.

Starting in June:

TRS (top rated sellers) will have to have uploaded the tracking number with the stated time frame for 90% of their items.

And now the TRS discount of 20% on fees will only be given to sellers who offer 1 day shipping AND 14 day returns. Those seller will also receive an even higher boost in best match search results.

3 and 7 day return options, merchandise credit, and exchange options will be retired. So what, all returns get money back? But you can give the buyer more than 14 days to return.

Also listing with longer than 3 shipping will get a notice put on the listing telling buyers that the item has "extended delivery times".

I cannot do 1 day shipping, and I won't do returns. So lets see 20% increase in my ebay fees last year, check, 20% increase in my ebay fees this year, Check. Well at least my sales are plummeting.

And there will be a new way to streamline those returns. There will be a button to print prepaid return labels. Its not stated, but I must assume that means the seller is now also required to pay return shipping on all returns?

So ebay is now optimizing things so that the buyer can get the items, use them for 2 weeks and then get their money back. And these new prepaid return labels mean what, that there is no longer going to be a buyer pays return shipping setting? So sellers are more likely to just let buyer keep the item and get their money back in order to minimize their loss. Yeah no way this is going to encourage scammers.

And now all pictures posted to ebay will be free. So glad I'm paying $50 a month for a store.

Also category change for May in toys. Apparently all transformers lines will be combined into "transformers and robots". Way to make things less organized ebay. Better than power rangers though, thats now just part of "tv and movie and video games".

So bottom line for me. 20% higher fees, and my TRS badge is now meaning less. Since I'm cannot offer 1 day shipping, rather than my 3 day shipping.

On the upside since I'll no longer get a discount anyway, negative feedback is completely meaningless. Cool free reign to tell off the freaking idiots who want to return an item because it has the exact problems I listed in the description!!!
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

I get those too...'hey, this item has such and such flaws'...really? If you didn't read the description, did you not at least watch the youtube video?

Is there a way to leave anything but positive feedback for buyers anymore?
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I just had a guy leave me neutral feedback because they felt the action figure they bought "it look biger than it was". I had the height of it listed in the TITLE !!! Idiot.

There has not been a way to leave anything but positive feedback in all the years I've sold on ebay.

They even send me reminders to leave feedback for items that went through the whole unpaid item process. Like I'm going to leave them positive feedback.