Did I get a good price?

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

PaladinHeart
Noob

Did I get a good price?

Post by PaladinHeart »

I was wondering if TFL would offer the same or nearly as much, considering eBay fees wind up being 15% or so (if you include paypal's 3% or whatever). I hoped that I had found a trustworthy dealer that I could sell my collection to, but with such a slow response time I'm having second thoughts. Maybe I'm being a little harsh... it was Friday when I sent the email.

What are your opinions on TFL's service? There are glowing reviews on the net about how this is the best place to sell transformers. But if that's true then why is there a buy/sell/trade forum?
Last edited by PaladinHeart on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Re: Did I get a good price?

Post by Roadbuster »

PaladinHeart wrote:I was wondering if TFL would offer the same or nearly as much, considering eBay fees wind up being 15% or so (if you include paypal's 3% or whatever). I hoped that I had found a trustworthy dealer that I could sell my collection to, but with such a slow response time I'm having second thoughts. Maybe I'm being a little harsh... it was Friday when I sent the email.

What are your opinions on TFL's service? There are glowing reviews on the net about how this is the best place to sell transformers. But if that's true then why is there a buy/sell/trade forum?
Wow! Trance (Matt) has a life just like the rest of us. Considering you e-mailed him on a Friday and most people usually make plans for the weekend and put family as top priority over business during that time don't be surprised he didn't get back to you until today. Not only that...it's a good possibility he might have been backlogged with e-mails to catch up on.

Transformerlands service is second to none! And Matt is very trustworthy and goes above and beyond to work with the buyer when other online transformers retailers won't. You won't find a better seller and while you might not get sales prices comparative to someone desperately looking to add that particular piece to their collection....you will get a more than fair offer when compared to other online transformers retailers (which will not be named here).

There is a buy/trade/sell forum on here for member-to-member interaction. As on most toy related forums...A lot of items you see within that thread the owner isn't looking to move in a hurry and will hold until it sells or can trade it for something they need of relatively equal value.
PaladinHeart
Noob

Post by PaladinHeart »

I see you caught me just before I was able to edit my message. xP

Well anyways Trance did respond and was nice and trustworthy, like your post says.

Hmm.. well I just now noticed I'm suppose to add a post to another thread. Oops.

Edit: I edited back in what I could, so a mod wouldn't have to close the thread.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I'll second Roadbuster's statement about Matt's reputation.

I've placed over a dozen orders with Matt. That might be low balling. And, I did another one tonight. His service can't be beat. He is exceptionally fair.

Best. Service. Ever.

I'll leave it at that.

- P.S. - Welcome to the forums. Stick around and you'll learn that the other great thing here besides Matt's service is this community. ;)
PaladinHeart
Noob

Post by PaladinHeart »

I have a LOT of old Gi Joe stuff. I'd love to just pack it all up and send it to Matt. Should I do any research on this stuff first or could I trust Matt to give me a decent price on them, according to their values?

I know I'd lose a bit on the value, but it would save me a lot of time having to research and list them on eBay. There's just so many different vehicles, parts to them, people that go with them, etc..
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I would go ahead and contact Matt. He might be able to help identify them for you and give you a figure for what TFL could offer.

And of course, if you don't think it is in your best interests, you don't need to accept the quote.

I've never sold a collection to Matt. I just buy from him. I'm not ready to give up my collection! :wink: I've always found Matt to be fair in my dealings with TFL.
PaladinHeart
Noob

Post by PaladinHeart »

Okay, I think I'll take a picture of a bunch of them and send him. Hopefully the quote will be more than I'm expecting. I wish Gi Joe vehicles weren't so... big. xP A few years back I sold the large shuttle transport on eBay, and had to take it to UPS to ship it. The shipping was so much that I actually lost money. Ouch! Stuff like that should at least be worth enough to pay for shipping. :P Lousy US economy...

Well I've really gotten into metal miniatures quite a bit, so I've decided I should part with most of my old toys. I will definitely be keeping a few favorites though, like the original Shockwave.