The Dancer

Post your work! We want to see your TF fanfics, fan art, webcomics, custom toys, and your home-grown toy repairs here.

Moderator: Blackjack

Rhymus
City Commander

The Dancer

Post by Rhymus »

[to the tune of the ABBA song "Dancing Queen"]

You can dance!
You can drive!
Having the time of your life.
Oo-oo-ooh, see that girl
Watch that scene
Diggin' the dance machine!

[/singing]

i would have waited an eternity for this--well, no, i wouldn't have, but i have had this post in mind for about two months. Only a few weeks ago, however, i was amused to realize that the song i was parodying was by ABBA--a musical group who, like someone else you may have heard of, hails from Sweden. Coincidence? Yes. Yet strikingly appropriate.

Now the reason i bring this up is to raise a question about Transformers culture. Transformers, you may have noticed, are not Human--yet even Human dancers have contortionists and acts like Cirque du Soleil. Thus i wonder, how do transformation and alternate modes play into Cybertronian dances? How much of the dance is performed in robot mode and how much in alternate mode? Do dancers who transform into jets, for example, require larger stages and performance halls than those who transform into, say, cars? When dancers perform in couples or groups, how does the choreography change depending on whether the performers have similar or radically different alternate modes?

This may relate to an idea i had way back in July, which i shall describe in its own thread.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)