Found some G1 toys in my old collection.

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

newcollector33
Noob

Found some G1 toys in my old collection.

Post by newcollector33 »

Went through my old toy collection and came across these figures and a bunch of weapons. I know Most of these are complete. Thought Id share my find. Thanks

Image[/img]
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

That's great! :) Did finding that bring back old memories? I wish I would have kept my old collection, instead of getting rid of them.

Welcome to the board, Newcollector33. Do you intend to start collecting again? Stick around and feel free to tell us about yourself!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

newcollector33? Pretty old school stuff for a new collector. Welcome back to Transformers and collecting, and welcome to TransFormerLand!

Who's that between Roadgrabber's Pretender shell/car and Optimus Prime in your first pic? Also in that pic, who are those two white guys (they look like two of the same toy) in front of Sideswipe, next to Strafe and Seaspray? And what's that black [and red?] thing near Seaspray's foot? And the red guy in the upper right of the picture, who looks like he fell off the white plastic bag and managed to grab hold with one hand, what about him?

Nice find, newcollector33. Or nice rediscovery, as the case may be.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Welcome aboard newcollector33! That's one heck of a find, too! :wink: I don't know who the bot is with the purple wings to the immediate right of Skullcruncher....but I want him! 8)
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Roadbuster wrote:Welcome aboard newcollector33! That's one heck of a find, too! :wink: I don't know who the bot is with the purple wings to the immediate right of Skullcruncher....but I want him! 8)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Doubledealer

http://tfu.info/1988/Decepticon/Doubled ... dealer.htm
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Thanks Transit! I knew he looked "sort of" familiar. I'd been eying one over at www.bubbleformer.com until it sold. :(
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Good stuff bud, theres some figures there I'm after......... ;)
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

@ transit: the one next to optimus is Gobots super gobot defender

The others I cannot place without a closer look.
newcollector33
Noob

Post by newcollector33 »

You are right, my bad. There are a couple go-bots in there. The one in between optimus and the two little white mazdas. If I had as many transformers as I do gobots.....let's just say it would be a mega-collection. Plus I'll always remember my idiot cousin breaking my g1 megaton and Galvatron. Anyone who is interested can pm me. I was actually thinking of collecting but I would like to help pay of my car instead. I'll get rid of the whole lot together. eBay? I've seen the completed auctions on some of these. Wow. Even just weapon lots go for ridiculous $$. Thanks for the replys everyone. Take care
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Selling TF for the maximum (on ebay) is slow. You need to list them individually, buy now. But to get full price can take a LONG time 6 months, 12, 18 .... Depends how high the price, how nice and complete the figure, how rare. Of course it need not take that long. I've had even expensive figures ($70+) sell in hours. G1 seem to sell pretty well.

Tossing them up as a lot at auction will sell them fast. But not for as much, and they could sell REALLY low. Setting a reserve or minimum bid is wise, but seems to hurt the auction.

List them on a weekend in the evening, like prime time not late at night. As this is the holiday season its a good time to sell them.

Of course you will certainly find some people on the boards here who'd love them. Can't speak to how high a price you'd get. But you'd not have to pay 11% to ebay.

Shockingly even the gobots are selling now. (Last year I'd have given them away.) Now $5-$10 a piece if they are in good shape. More for certain ones.