TFL's target age demographic?

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Rhymus
City Commander

TFL's target age demographic?

Post by Rhymus »

[EDIT] thread formerly titled TF contest: Is this legit?

And now, to derail my own thread. (Maybe i'll change the title.) While i think/hope Transformerland.com welcomes TransFans of all ages, it seems to me that it primarily attracts adult collectors. Am i mistaken? Do we have any turbo-revvin' young punks among us, or are we all a bunch of old-timers?

[/EDIT]

Saw an ad for this on a completely unrelated website, and i'm too lazy to investigate whether it's real or not right now. Maybe someone wants to investigate for me? and/or get your contest entries in, if you're eligible.

http://hasbro.promo.eprize.com/winaride/
Last edited by Rhymus on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

This is a Hasbro sponsored contest so yeah, it's real. Even seen a commercial not too long ago advertising this contest.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Too bad im not 6 through 15 years old, even though I act like im 12 lol.
R.I.P. Menasor
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

Say your age backwards, it makes you sound younger. :lol:
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Dirge wrote:Say your age backwards, it makes you sound younger. :lol:
Not me! I don't much care to be in my seventies!
The Dark is Coming
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Do 4 million years count if they were spent in stasis lock waiting for Teletraan-1 to wake up and start repairing everyone on the Ark?

i never got around to reading the rules, but i suspected they might have an age limit like you found. i wondered what would happen without an age limit, if an older TransFan won. "I live in Florida, but I got a scholarship to a college in California. Will the Autobots drive me all the way across the country?" "I live in Texas, but I graduated from a high school in Boston 50 years ago. Can I get a ride to the reunion?"

(By the way, anyone reading this for the first time now that the contest is over, the prize included a ride to school in a vehicle resembling one of the Autobots from the live-action movies.)
http://hasbro.promo.eprize.com/winaride/ wrote:WIN A RIDE TO SCHOOL WITH THE AUTOBOTS SWEEPS
Wait, weren't the Sweeps Decepticons? ;-)

And now, to derail my own thread. (Maybe i'll change the title.) While i think/hope Transformerland.com welcomes TransFans of all ages, it seems to me that it primarily attracts adult collectors. Am i mistaken? Do we have any turbo-revvin' young punks among us, or are we all a bunch of old-timers?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

If old-timer means that I was young enough to watch the original G1 series as it aired on TV (not only young enough, I did watch it) - then yes, I am an old timer.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

There is a huge mix of members age ranging from 17 to 50. I think the oldest here is 50ish. Most are in the 20-40 range lol.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Countdown wrote:If old-timer means that I was young enough to watch the original G1 series as it aired on TV (not only young enough, I did watch it) - then yes, I am an old timer.
i didn't mean to call you a grandfather clock, Countdown (although of us all, you might have the best name for clock/timer/age puns). No offense intended to anyone--i just needed a TF-themed way to differentiate between the young adults (kids) and the young adults (adults who may or may not be as young as they think they are).

Aside: If members of this forum refer to little ones as "Mini-Cons", does that mean grown-ups are "Bulks" or "Guzzlers"? i'm liking this "Mini-Con" metaphor less and less the more i think about it... ;-)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

transit wrote:i didn't mean to call you a grandfather clock, Countdown
When was someone going to let me know that there was a little Countdown? Don't know how I missed that one! :P

On a more serious note (only slightly more serious) - do let the puns begin Transit! :)
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

[activating humor generating apparatus in T-minus five... four... three... two... one...]

How could you NOT know that there was a little Countdown? Countdown IS a little Countdown--that's what "Micromaster" MEANS! Your cerebral circuits must be getting rusty, old timer! ;-)

(This guy doesn't count... down... because he's upsized?)
[HUMOR GENERATING APPARTUS HAS EXPERIENCED A CRITICAL FAILURE. SHUT DOWN]
...Shut up.
:oops:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

LOL

Talking about the guy who doesn't count.... I still need to get him for my collection. :oops: How, can I have his namesake and not have him? I don't know either. Although, even though I don't have that figure in hand - I still think the G1 toy is better of course. 8)
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Countdown wrote:LOL

Talking about the guy who doesn't count.... I still need to get him for my collection. :oops: How, can I have his namesake and not have him? I don't know either. Although, even though I don't have that figure in hand - I still think the G1 toy is better of course. 8)
Well, according to http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Countdown_%28G1%29 ,
Countdown and his casemate Darkwing are "stealth" exclusive to Toys"R"Us, meaning he appeared in stores before Hasbro bothered to tell anybody about it.
So that's how you might not have known about him. As for not having him... As Astrotrain once said of Galvatron and Megatron, "Well, they were the same guy." So you do have Countdown, you just don't have that Countdown.

And yeah, G1 Countdown is G1 Countdown, and 2009 Countdown looks like somebody else--but the 2009er is a nice nod to the G1 guy, as well as his base.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

You know who has him for sale? Trance! Maybe, I'll place an order tomorrow and get this foolishness behind me. ;)

Talking about the G1 set - I think tomorrow I'll change up the display cabinet and set up the (open) base mode. 8)
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Might want to think about posing 2009 Countdown alongside or even on G1 Countdown's rocket base. Take that into consideration when transforming your G1.

...i don't think this thread has gotten far enough off topic yet, do you?

[starts singing] It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple petro-rabbit...