Earthquakes suck.

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Earthquakes suck.

Post by Dinobot »

Hello gang. I dont know if anyone follows the news or not, but now Oklahoma has been getting hit by earthquakes. We had a 5.6 two nights ago, a 5.2 four nights ago. It knocked a bunch of my figures down to the floor, but the house and everything else is fine. Some people closest to the epicenter arent as fortunate. This is craziness. First tornadoes, now earthquakes. Apparently we sit on a huge fault line that recently started shifting. That makes three earthquakes above 4.7 in about 6 months. What's next? Now insurance companies are ripping people off by making them by earthquake insurance. Geez.
R.I.P. Menasor
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Glad to hear that all is well w/ this earthquake. Good thing your family and you are safe. Be safe - and bubble wrap those figs!
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Looks like I spoke too soon, that would be earthquake number four. Good grief, just after I set up my figs again, this happens. It was bigger cause it moved the couch with me on it. I looked in on my toy room and the floor is littered with figures again. Great!
R.I.P. Menasor
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I hope none of them are too damaged or broke. Earthquakes suck. Supposidly, there was one here in NY a while ago, and I never even felt it.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Damn, that sucks. Hope nothing was broken in the fall. I haven't been keeping up or anything but Oklahoma having all these earthquakes really perplexes me as I am in a neighboring state myself. And like you everything in my collection would hit the floor as well. :?
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

that sounds rough and really don't be surprised to hear of earthquakes on the east coast and into the central states we have a lot of fault lines here and the worse earthquake the US has seen wasn't the one in 1906 in California, but one that hit Missouri and was felt a good bit south and I believe was over a 7 pointer on the Richter scale.

Keep yourself and your family safe, and I hope things get better and the earthquakes stop.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I live in California so I'm well aware. Someone told me either here or somewhere else to use a piece of fishing line across the figures to stop them from falling over. It may work or make it worse. I got mine in boxes so it makes them a little more stable, but if 7 or more hits i'm still screwed.

Just be thankfull you don't live in Alaska. Yikes! The country of Chile is even worse.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... est_us.php
PETER IS GOD!Image
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Look out, it's Rumble!

...Wait, he's blue. Must just be Frenzy. Sorry, false alarm--my bad.

(There's actually a book about Rumble taking part in a Decepticon plot to use earthquakes as a weapon of mass destruction against Earth's flesh creatures.)

i recently saw a performance by the Capitol Steps (a comedy group whose jokes focus on politics and current events). One skit featured a cast member playing the role of Al Gore, who commented that "This year we've seen atypical temperatures, hurricanes, and earthquakes, and I just wanted to say--I told you so!"

Jokes aside, i hope you and yours are all still safe and stay safe.

DISCLAIMER: In no way is this post intended to belittle the trauma experienced by Dinobot or others in similar circumstances. i have a tendency to act in accordance with the theory that "laughter is the very best medicine", in the hopes that i might be able to make that theory come true. If i have failed in this regard on this or any other occasion, i do apologize. TFWiki's bio of Oval reminds me a lot of myself sometimes.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Dont worry Transit, I found humor in that!
R.I.P. Menasor
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I know how you feel... It's like being hit by a train. The strenght of the Earth is unvelievable. You can't even stand on your own feet.

And I don't want to sound arrogant, but here in Chile, we are used to them.

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3918

Actually, nothing below 7 Richter is worthy of being worried about!
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl