Getting Out of The Game

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Blaster
Targetmaster

Getting Out of The Game

Post by Blaster »

After starting a collection selling off half and then adding more to it I have decided to sell it all off and say goodbye to the collection. I don't really want to get out of it but I am sick and tired of being in DEBT! I would rather not be in debt than have these guys sitting around. They are the first of many things to go.

"sell everything until the kids think they're next"
-Dave Ramsey

That is the plan!! I'll start posting some of them this week hopefully.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Making the right choice in a sucky situation--good for you!

i'll give you the same serious suggestion i gave TT when he joked about selling off his TFs--i wonder if there are any TransFans (friends of yours or strangers) with pockets deep enough (meaning, "not me") to accept TFs as collateral against a loan? Like an informal TF-specific pawn shop, or leasing/renting out your TFs instead of outright selling them. Money now, and maybe get your TFs back someday.

Also, you'll stick around the site even if you're not actively collecting, right?

Here's hoping for the best for ya!

P.S.--i like the Dave Ramsey quote. Who is he?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Blaster
Targetmaster

Post by Blaster »

I have a friend I work with that is coming tomorrow to get his pick before I start lising them. I would like to do the loan but I'm getting out of the credit idea. Credit is where I run into trouble.

Dave Ramsey is a financial advisor. His plan is hard to do but really works and makes a lot of sense. http://www.daveramsey.com/

I will stay as active as possible on the site and probably retain a few of my characters that I won't be able to part with. Blaster...and a few other iconic figures
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Sorry to hear that, Blaster. I hope we'll still see you around though.
Good luck!