My mother's passing

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

trance
Site Admin

My mother's passing

Post by trance »

Some of you already know, but thought the rest of you deserve to know about a major event in my life. My mother, Maria, passed away Nov 29th (2011), just about a month after she had hip replacement surgery. The jury is still out on all the who's and why's, but it's just not that important to me now.

It seems I spent a lot of time on relatively unimportant things while she was around, and now I regret not taking the time to listen to things she was trying to tell me. Now I find myself at a loss...I didn't pick up on a lot of the traditions that I thought I had all the time in the world to learn, and pass on to my boy. I took for granted that he would have his grandmother (who loved the her grandson like nobody else) around for eternity, like I have (she is still alive and well at 93!)

Anyhow, it's late and I'm rambling, but I just wanted to express how thankful I am for the family I have left, and to have this small but close community of friends to lean on at times like these. I hope you will spend some extra time to be with and listen to your loved ones this holiday season.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

So sorry to hear that Trance. :(

If you need anything, you know where to find me.
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

sorry to here that Trance, my prayers go out to you and your family
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Juggernaut321
Decoy

Post by Juggernaut321 »

very sorry to hear of your loss. My fiance had both hips replaced in her early 30,s. God bless and watch over you and your love ones in your trying times.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Sorry to hear about your loss, bud. :cry: I think we're all a little bit guilty about not taking advice or listening to our elders or loved ones when we should have. Hopefully your holiday season will still be very festive and full of wonderful memories despite your recent loss and heavy heart. :wink:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I feel your pain my friend. My mother passed on July 21st 2001. I was only 25 years old. My wife was pregnant with my daughter.
The pain never goes away but time does help you adjust to the situation.
Raising my daughter without my mother being around has always been hard for me to cope with.
But we got to keep moving forward, teach our children all the favorite things our parents tought us. Let them relive our good memories. It's kinda strange but I see a lot of my mother when I look at my daughter. Looks and attitude LOL. I cherish every minute I can with my children. We never know when the good Lord is going to take us home. I recently lost my brother in law a couple of weeks ago. It seems that every holiday my family gets smaller and smaller. Just remeber, your mother is now in a better place, she no longer feels any pain. You may have lost your mother, but heaven got a new angel to watch over your children.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I am saddened by your loss Matt. Like CM said, I believe there is an Angel watching over you and yours.

Last year, I lost my father when he went in for another amputation surgery. My father had a stroke while in surgery and sadly passed away a few days afterwards. With all of the happy memories that I have, there hasn't been a single day since then that I haven't thought of him and I know there hasn't been a single day since then that he hasn't thought of me as he watches over me.

I too am thankful for everyone here. And I like to think that now more than ever how grateful I am for my family (even the one brother I would have sworn off when I was growing up!). Once again Matt, I am sorry for your loss.
F18Starscream
Powermaster

Post by F18Starscream »

I'm very sorry for your lost. My wife lost her Mom just a year after her Dad (dad-2006, Mom-2008) I always say to friends who lost a loved one to remember the great times you had with them. She'll be forever in your heart and hopefully will help you and your family get through this painful time. Once again I'm very sorry for your lost. Bless you and your family.
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

so sorry to hear trance my best wishes to U and your family

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Matt it still saddens me when I think of your loss old friend. As Galvatron said, time will help easethe hurt. We're all guilty of taking family and loved ones for granted. I totaly agree with what you said, lets altake a bit more time to spend with the ones we care about. Thinking of you and your family Matt. God bless sir.

Mark
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

So sorry to hear about your loss, Matt. You and your family are in our thoughts, and like I've said before, if there's anything we can do, just let us know.
Take good care of yourself and your family!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

All I can say is that my thoughts are with you and your family, Matt. I just wish the pain gets lighter to bear with time.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl