Hello there fellow collectors

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

figuremod73
Decoy

Hello there fellow collectors

Post by figuremod73 »

Hi there. Its been a long time since I thought about Transformers but I thought the other day it would be fun to find something on them again and in my google search came up with this site.
My main reason for looking for them was trying to find information on those small transformers that came out a couple of years ago. Worlds smallest Transformers. I figured if i was going to start collecting again this would be easier (and cheaper) than its larger scale counterpart. So far, its seems that I missed its run. I was really wanting those little dinobots!
Anyways, its all good. Im glad I ran across this forum. Hopefully I can fine some good deals and have some good conversations. Im interested in all kinds of toy lines, I really enjoy seventies and eighties toys. Besides Transformers i like Megos, superpowers, gobots, gi joe, thundercats and Masters of the Universe.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Hello, welcome to Transformerland! Enjoy your stay here. I'm sure you'll find plenty of people who'll talk with you. I don't know much about the WST line, but I think they might be actually more hard to find then the regular lines like G1 and the "new" stuff like the movie lines and the classics..
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Welcome to Transformerland, figuremod73!
It seems like you have come to the right place, if I may say so, ;)

I'm not a collector of WST's myself, but I know there was an ongoing thread not too long ago about them.... aha! Here it is:
http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3535
I hope it will provide some useful information!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Welcome aboard, figuremod73. Glad you found us! 8) As for WST, I don't collect them either but think they're pretty cool!
figuremod73
Decoy

Post by figuremod73 »

I appreciate the welcomes and thanks for the link. Yea, they seem extremely hard to come by! I figured WST would be the easy alternative, lol. Oh well, theres tons of other stuff i can work on.
I wish i had been one of the smart ones and never had gotten rid of my toys when i was young.
Dsmonty
Decoy

Post by Dsmonty »

Hi there Figuremod73 I'm new as well, and like you stumbled on this site in
search of info on my past joy. And because of this site I went and dug my trf's out of storage ( still haven't taken them out yet). just curious, do you have the Kiss mego dolls?
figuremod73
Decoy

Post by figuremod73 »

I dont have the kiss dolls but they look amazing! So far ive only collected many of the Worlds Greatest Superheroes and a few Treks. The monster figures are cool to.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Welcome aboard figuremod73!
PETER IS GOD!Image
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Welcome to the forums! We have a great bunch here, so stick around!
figuremod73
Decoy

Post by figuremod73 »

Thanks for the welcomes! I have alot of catching up to do. I was a big fan of transformers in the eighties and have actually started missing them the last few years (i dont like the movies it just makes me miss the originals,lol) I know budget wise i wont be able to get them all back but i do want some of my favorites such as the dinobots and planes. I always liked the triple changers and insecticons to. Well....really I could just keep naming off all the ones I liked. The G1 line is a classic for a reason!
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

hello there and welcome :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

figuremod73 wrote:Thanks for the welcomes! I have alot of catching up to do. I was a big fan of transformers in the eighties and have actually started missing them the last few years (i dont like the movies it just makes me miss the originals,lol) I know budget wise i wont be able to get them all back but i do want some of my favorites such as the dinobots and planes. I always liked the triple changers and insecticons to. Well....really I could just keep naming off all the ones I liked. The G1 line is a classic for a reason!
Welcome, figuremod73!

Try just naming the ones you didn't like. That might not take as long. ;-)

Are you only a fan of the original toys, or are you also a fan of the G1 cartoon and/or comics? If you also like the stories and characters, you may be interested in some of the newer toys and comics which are inspired by the original series (instead of alternate realities like the recent movies and TV shows).

Does your screen name imply that you modify action figures? If you make custom figures (new paint jobs, new alternate modes, new points of articulation, etc.), please post pics!

One more thing: If i understand correctly, there were numerous miniature versions of assorted G1 Transformers, but only some of them were authorized by Hasbro or Takara (now TakaraTomy). i believe that the mini-Dinobots were NOT authorized. That may affect what search terms you have to use when shopping for them, and how much you have to pay to get them. (Or maybe not--i know they're all too expensive for me right now, authorized or otherwise, so i haven't done any real searches or price comparisons or anything.)

Apologies if any of this was redundant to the thread Minerva linked for you.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
figuremod73
Decoy

Post by figuremod73 »

Hi there,
Sorry for the long wait for a reply but I just noticed your post,lol. Actually my screen name comes from the modification of the original Action Jackson doll made by Mego in '73 into the assortment of the popular superheroes from Marvel and DC.
Megos are probably the best for modication. Just pop off the head, add another as well as another pair of clothes and you have another figure. Im still learning have to make them. Ive been working on my sewing and at some point i'll tackle sculpting.
I really like the original G1's the best. Really to be more specific, the entire line until Transformers: the movie (the animated version). The dinobots are my favorite of the group. Probably the constructicons as well. I was really into the comic line. I think I read and collected every issue up till around 50.
Im still trying to see exactly what i would be interested in now. I really dont even care if its knockoffs as long as it resembles a character I remember. I saw a fantastic megatron knockoff recently (i think it was posted somewhere on the site).