OOC: Intact Plastic (the non-S'Plastic RP)

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Riptide swore to Dirge that he would haunt the Nemesis for all time. Anyone else thinking of Starscream's ghost? If Riptide has an indestructible mutant spark like Starscream does, and Riptide needs someone's body to possess, i volunteer Ejectochair's. Other possibilities that come to mind include Dirge's secondary character Blitzwing (with Blitzwing's three personalities, being possessed by Riptide might even go unnoticed for quite a while) and the Nemesis itself (making Riptide somewhat like Nighteye* or the Ark's Teletraan-1, or perhaps turning the Nemesis into a starship Transformer like Omega Supreme or Sky Lynx).

*Correct me if i'm wrong, but neither the Ætherspite nor the Maus are sentient, is that correct? And none of the ships in this RP has a robot mode (except for the Royal Flush--if that counts as a ship--and the simplified Royal Flush replica built for Pinstripe's gang)?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Maus was not sentient. It had an AI that was almost sentient, but no spark, so it technically wasn't living.

Sorry for being gone for so long.. I got rear-ended leaving work this past saturday and I don't have a car atm, so I'm in the process of looking and working my ass off.. fun.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i hope you weren't hurt in the accident, Sideways? or anybody else involved? Sucks about your car, though. i'm sorry to hear about that. Have you tried shopping for a replacement at Bobby Bolivia's?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I wasn't hurt.. I had a bit of whiplash, but my gf was in the car and we spent 4 hours at the hospital to make sure she was okay.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i think you're saying she's okay? i hope you're saying she's okay.

But if you want to pretend she isn't, didn't Spike make Daniel a Headmaster partner for Arcee because "It's the only way to keep [him] alive without being hooked up to a life-support system"?

(Come to think of it, that's Iron Man's origin story, too, isn't it?)

EDIT: On second thought, you role-playing as your girlfriend might be kinda creepy, and potentially harmful to your relationship with her. Don't do it.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Ok, so now how do we explain Megatron's disappearance and his reappearance into the RP? * If he even still wants to play..
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Jetfire wrote:Ok, so now how do we explain Megatron's disappearance and his reappearance into the RP? * If he even still wants to play..
Megatron did say that he would be rejoining the RP, and i get the impression Razorclaw and StarWing (and Thrust and Roar?) meant to take part, as well.

According to A Brief History of the TFL Roleplay, "Megatron has departed to somewhere unknown." Wherever he went, maybe he took Razorclaw, StarWing, Thrust, and/or Roar along? That way, however and whenever Megatron rejoins the game, the others can show up in the same scene.

Maybe Megatron, like Galvatron, went to Earth to try to reclaim the Nemesis? Perhaps Megatron (and anyone with him) even reached the Nemesis (or maybe just came close, like Earth orbit) but somehow got knocked offline (same as G1 cartoon Skyfire and live-action movie Megatron, maybe), and the Decepticons on Earth at the Nemesis now could find and reactivate Megatron, etc.?

Or perhaps Megatron/whoever is somewhere near Drumroll--maybe even on one of the other ships near the one Drumroll is on?

Or maybe Megatron/whoever is on Cybertron somewhere; they could meet up with Thundergun and/or Solder somehow.

Jetways--i mean, Sidefire--i mean, Skyfire--JETFIRE! i'm afraid i'm not sure who can give permission for Jetfire to [dock with/come aboard] the Ætherspite. i don't know about any of the other players or their characters, but Makeway would let Cambreaker make that decision--and besides, i still haven't let Makeway out of the CR chamber, so he can't do anything anyhow. Even if he does emerge, he wouldn't know what's going on, so he wouldn't grant a newcomer access. The NPC i borrowed from Rattrap's ship wouldn't assume he had the authority to grant permission, either.

Looks like our Autobots are kind of stuck for now. :-(

Unless you want to edit your post and bring Jetfire out of hyperspace near Drumroll instead of near the Ætherspite? But i'm still the only one with a PC there; i'm waiting to see if the Ætherspite or the Nemesis (or anyone on board either) is the first to receive Drumroll's transmission... or the first to respond/reach Drumroll's position. Plus, i haven't actually gotten (or even asked for) a mod to confirm my plot idea(s) for what might have happened out where Drumroll is.

i could try to whip up another NPC, but i keep getting too attached to them and thinking of them like PCs...
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

If I edit my post and bring my craft out of hyperspace, I could pick your PC up from the wreckage of your ship and bring you back to the 'Spite.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

You've seen what an active poster i've been (sorry about that!) but i don't know if we want Jetfire and Drumroll headed back to the 'Spite right now, either. No one else seems to be posting in that thread lately, so who would Jetfire and Drumroll interact with besides Sideways and Makeway? (Plus, everything i said before is still true about Makeway being in the CR chamber, and not feeling he has the authority to let newcomers approach or board the 'Spite even if he does emerge fully repaired.) In addition, Jetfire just got to this universe; what motivation would he have to find the 'Spite, and how would he find it even if he wanted to? (Another thing: Does Jetfire even realize yet that he's wound up in a different reality than the one he comes from?) On top of that, wouldn't Jetfire want to see if there are any other TFs to help in the area where Drumroll's distress signal originates, and see if any of the ships there (or any of their components or cargo) might be useful or salvageable? Drumroll will probably suggest that if Jetfire doesn't.

To make things more interesting, i've also added the possibility of the Decepticons on Earth coming to Drumroll's location, most likely bringing the Nemesis with them--and who knows what their intentions will be if/when they arrive?