Ebay seller survey

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Ebay seller survey

Post by LD2062 »

I've had a staggering decline in my ebay sales for like 6 months now. And I'm curious to see if other sellers have had a similar problem. Particularly among other who sell used toys like me. I'm trying to figure out if this is something I'm doing wrong or just a general fall in ebay sales or even used toy sales in general.

It just throws me because I've had slow but steady increase in sales since I started selling years ago. July I had record sales, almost twice my normal sales. Then sales dropped right off. Almost 40% down the next month. And still falling every month since. Now I'm under 50% of my normal sales. January was my lowest sales ever.

Anyone buy used transformers from other public sites like ebay? I'm trying to find other sites I can list on. I've looked at a few but their transformers listing were pathetic. Under 1000 transformers listed on the whole site. And their search functions also sucked.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I don't sell on Ebay often but had a few things listed last week. Since I don't meet criteria they've initiated their 21 day hold on all my payments coming in. Meaning I have to ship out of my own pocket and wait up to a week after the buyer receives their item before they'll release funds to me. :x Not happy. As for other sites, check out Crave. I've bought and sold on there and it seems to be a lot less headache than Ebay.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Hmm. Crave is interesting. But I REALLY don't like that you need a facebook account. I HATE those types of sites.

How much of a fee do they charge buyers?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

LD2062 wrote:How much of a fee do they charge buyers?
10% of the purchase price. Which can add up so you have to factor that in when you're selling something.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

but once again, you got to pay shipping out of pocket. You don't get your money until the buyer gets his/her item. Then they got 2 days to view and pay for the item. They pay Crave, then Crave pays you.
And I found out if you sale an item, you gotta ship it FAST. 2 days after purchase. If you dont' supply a tracking number within 2 days of purchase, the sale gets cancelled. It makes it very difficult if you make a sale late Friday night and you don't see it until late Saturday night. LOL.
Check your email daily when selling on Crave
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I don't care for that. Post office near me closes at 1 on Saturday. I can rarely get there on Saturday.

I'm also leery of the returns. How easy for someone to just swap out a figure or remove an accessory. Also people just being disappointed with the figure. I know I would have been happy to return RID ultra magnus.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Galvatron wrote:but once again, you got to pay shipping out of pocket. You don't get your money until the buyer gets his/her item. Then they got 2 days to view and pay for the item. They pay Crave, then Crave pays you.
And I found out if you sale an item, you gotta ship it FAST. 2 days after purchase. If you dont' supply a tracking number within 2 days of purchase, the sale gets cancelled. It makes it very difficult if you make a sale late Friday night and you don't see it until late Saturday night. LOL.
Check your email daily when selling on Crave
All good points, Galvy. Thanks! :wink: The buyer does pay up front, though. Crave takes their 10% in buyers fees and holds the rest until the terms specified by Galvy above are met.
LD2062 wrote:I don't care for that. Post office near me closes at 1 on Saturday. I can rarely get there on Saturday.

I'm also leery of the returns. How easy for someone to just swap out a figure or remove an accessory. Also people just being disappointed with the figure. I know I would have been happy to return RID ultra magnus.
Getting to the PO on Saturday is a real pain. Mine only stays open from 10-12. I agree on the returns no matter who you're selling through.
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

I sell on both and usually list on Crave first now. If the item doesn't sell then i list it on Ebay. Both sites seem to even out as far as getting more bang for your buck when selling. I will admit Crave is easier to list items on though.

As far as getting to the post office, I use the automated machine early in the morning when i ship packages as long as they are small enough to fit in the bin.

I think the market is just really saturated now with Transformers. Maybe that's the reason in a decline from sales
PETER IS GOD!Image
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Perhaps. But I don't understand why that would cause such an abrupt and plummeting drop in sales. I didn't see any pickup in sales for the holidays either. December was my 2nd worse month ever.
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Maybe competition from Crave. I know they are growing and a lot of people from Ebay are heading there.
PETER IS GOD!Image