30 years ago today

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Kings Toys
Targetmaster

30 years ago today

Post by Kings Toys »

30 years ago today was the first airing of the G1 series of Transformers
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I saw it opening day:)
PETER IS GOD!Image
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

And Hasbro themselves hasn't done anything special to commemorate it. :cry: Cool story though, as I (like many others here) am an original "G1'er" . I would run home to catch both Transformers and G.I. Joe, as they aired back-to-back of each other, as soon as I got off the school bus. They would never let you forget, even with all the loose plot lines, that it was indeed a 30 minute toy commercial. Looking back in retrospect now, G.I. Joe was a much better cartoon while Transformers toys were the best toys of the 80's. If not the century...
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

aah the good ol' days.
i was the youngest in a house of five
my mother
brother
and 2 older sisters.

We had 1 TV and about 3 channels.

As soon as i got home from school, I would WALK UP to the TV and change the channel to Transformers and after that was Go Bots. I cared not for anything else on the ol' giant wooden concole. I drove my family nuts for the longest time. But they all knew, just 1 hour of TV is all i needed and the 3 channels was left for them to fight over for the rest of the night as I would go play with my TFs and GoBots.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Wow, time sure does fly! I don't think I watched Transformers until the mid to late 80's. We had four (or so) episodes on VHS. :)