New Poster from StL

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

NovaGhostii
Noob

New Poster from StL

Post by NovaGhostii »

Hi!

I do not usually post in forums, but I've been trying to get more in touch with my geek-side lately, since I've been career focused for a while.

I'm a longtime Transformers fan. The story goes that I got my G1 Headstrong when I was 2, which I'm assuming is accurate from all the bite marks : P

I still collect, but I tend to stick to MP figures since I don't have the room or money to have a huge collection these days. I'm slowly getting rid of my BW/BM/Armada collection that I have no love for in order to get money to buy figures I like more.

The reason I decided to post here is that I met another Transformers fan in my DnD group last night, and thought I would reach out to find him and other St. Louis based fans. I need to embrace my fandoms to stay whole, after all : P
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Welcome to the TFL forums. It's always great to have another member! :)

I've been on TFL since 2007 I believe. Everyone here is pretty great. And, if its not too cheesy to say... like one big happy family. Except for Galvatron... Not him... Evil as hell.... (just kidding!!!!)

I never really got into the bw/bm/armada figures, although I saw a few that sparked my interest (and bought them and then sold them off years later). I was a movieverse and classics collector (with a few odd elements), but after a few years I sold off my movieverse and am now solely G1 and classics.

I only have one MP figure and that would be TRU Grimlock. Don't regret that for a second.

Well now I am rambling. Welcome again to the forums. Stick around!
NovaGhostii
Noob

Post by NovaGhostii »

Thanks for the welcome, Countdown!

I have some of the movie stuff too, sigh. The only ones I really wanna keep are RotF Leader Prime and HA Bumblebee. The rest I just don't love.

I find it fun that most people here have character names and decor. It's odd for someone as in to the hobby as I am, but I've never really resonated with a particular character from the Transformers Mythos. It's still a fun idea!

I'm not usually a big forum poster, but I think I need an outlet from Transformers obsession. I don't have any friends who collect or know much about the fandom, so this should be nice.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Welcome aboard! I still find it hard to post on forums, especially the larger ones. Glad to have you here though, you're in the right spot. This was also the 1st forum I ended up joining and it'll always be my home. As far as the Transformers Usernames, it's happens on all the forums. :lol: We still have some Autobot and Decepticons left if you'd like to change yours?
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Countdown wrote:Except for Galvatron... Not him... Evil as hell.... (just kidding!!!!)
how did you found out?!!
:wink:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Galvatron wrote:how did you found out?!!
Lucky guess!
NovaGhostii wrote:I have some of the movie stuff too, sigh. The only ones I really wanna keep are RotF Leader Prime and HA Bumblebee. The rest I just don't love.
I sold off all of my Leader figures. I miss them, lol. Right now I still have the Ice Cream Twins, and the original Ultimate Bumblebee (although I am selling him off shortly). That's it for the movieverse figs for me.
NovaGhostii wrote:I find it fun that most people here have character names and decor. It's odd for someone as in to the hobby as I am, but I've never really resonated with a particular character from the Transformers Mythos. It's still a fun idea!
Just part of the fun. And we believe in fun! You can change yours if you ever feel like it. I've changed mine 2 or three times now. Somewhere around here there is a name change request thread.

See ya around!
NovaGhostii
Noob

Post by NovaGhostii »

Thanks for the greetings!

I'll probably just stick with NovaGhostii for now. It's stressful to try to find one character I resonate with. And I'm already going crazy trying to think of someone obscure enough to make me happy... I'd probably have a hard time being obscure here, though!

And, I know me. Right now I'm all like "I'm just going to use my usual screen name so I don't possibly get any flack from my students or anything for being a Transformers collector." But by the end of the week I'll forget and start signing my name on my posts and not really care.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Welcome to the forums, NovaGhostii, I hope you'll like it here!
If you wish to change your username, just make a post here:
http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... php?t=1800
...and it'll be taken care of. :)