Im not the only one, am I?

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Im not the only one, am I?

Post by Optimus Maximus »

So I have been a big fan of TF Prime since the first episode. Each week I was so excited for the new episode to premiere. I personally feel this is the best TF series to date. But now I have a problem and its called Beast Hunters. I never liked Beast Wars and I'm now worried that TF Prime isnt going to be as interesting to me. I also feel like all the toys will be horrible too. I mean its one thing to have claws as a beast but as a robot I want HANDS not CLAWS. Surely this is possible. Anyway what was a great showI feel will now go down the drain along with the toys we have seen for them so far. Looks like it time for me to start filling some holes of my older lines. Am I the only one that feels like this?
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

No you are not the only one. I kind of feel the same way whenever there is a battle filled with insecticon and clone armies. Not enough uniqueness.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I'm a little skeptical as well, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It may not be bad at all. :)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I've fallen off the Prime bandwagon as well. I haven't watched an episode since early Season 2 and haven't bought a toy since Arms Micron (AM-14) Breakdown.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

The show for me hasn't got worse or better. It's ok in my opinion, but not great. I just don't have the same feeling for the characters as I did on Beast Wars. This is mt lease favorite Optimus Prime too. He always is emotionless and has a blank stare on his face. He's really boring for me.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

*Moving thread to "Non-Toy Talk"*
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Sorry bout that. :)
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Ready or the next series

Post by SentinelPrime »

I liked Prime's cool upgrade. And I liked Ultra Magnus. The Beast mode angle has already been done. The series I REALLY want to see is one based on the War For Cybertron game. JUST bots fighting on the planet....no humans. Think it will EVER happen?
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Since the series are geared towards pushing toys to kids. I would say no. But, if a more adult/grown up network picked it up - maybe. That I would watch.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Let's face it: a non-human-affected movie plot is not likely to happen. That is why a kazillion people have seen the movie, but relatively few play the Fall of Cybertron. More people probably play, say, Call of Duty. When you make it total science fiction to the point of being exclusively on another world, you're making a niche market. Niche markets don't make billions.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Call of duty is not a good example. It is The Top selling game. I think they even said it was the top selling entertainment product. Which would mean its also bigger than any movie.

A movie could do perfectly well. I mean they made Cars, they are making Planes. A movie does not need to revolve around humans.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I will shore up my viewpoint that any big screen Transformers feature will have to be disappointing and full of unwanted humans and pot brownie jokes with the following major points:

1) Because Hollywood.

That is all. :lol: :lol: :lol: ....... :cry:
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Ive been wanting a movie like FOC forever. Anyways back to prime, I enjoy the show more now that UM and shockwave are a part of it. Shockwave has always been my favorite decepticon since a kid. They left him out of several cartoons, and then they let humans and bumblebee kill him off in the movie. Come on man! At least hes pretty cool in this new cartoon, and I really like the G1 homage in his robot form. Not a big fan of "predaking" though.
R.I.P. Menasor
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Predaking bores me. I am really enjoying Ultra Magnus, he's freakin awesome, even with his personality. Shockwave finally makes another appearance. These past few episodes have been hilarious.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I agree; the last episodes have been really funny (and a little disturbing, too)!
I really enjoy TF: Prime and it saddens me that there are only going to be three seasons.
I wonder what will come next...
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

The latest episode "Evolution" was pretty cool! I liked Predaking transforming into robot mode. And man....I LOVED the fight scenes between him and Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack! They gave as good as they got! I hated to see Magnus' hammer get destroyed. And I really love Prime's new "bulked up" look! Just wished Prime would show more range of personality like in the original G1 series.
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

TF:P is still holding the rails to be my all time favorite Transformers television series...It's all going to come down to the ending. If it ends as cleanly as Beast Wars, it will take it. If not, I'll have to evaluate from there.