Greetings from central pennsylvania

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Greetings from central pennsylvania

Post by duttry98 »

My name is Jeremy, I'm 36 yrs young, and Transformers were a HUGE part of my childhood. So huge in fact that I'm on a mission to share it with my three year old son. I'm currently trying to rebuild / replenish my currently displaced transformers collection from my childhood for him and I to enjoy. I'm on the hunt for anything..... originals, re-pops, knock offs, whatever that would be fun for us to play with. That's right, I said play with ha ha! The discussions and resources here seem to be pretty awesome, very glad I found this place. See ya round like a donut!
trance
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from central pennsylvania

Post by trance »

duttry98 wrote:My name is Jeremy, I'm 36 yrs young, and Transformers were a HUGE part of my childhood. So huge in fact that I'm on a mission to share it with my three year old son. I'm currently trying to rebuild / replenish my currently displaced transformers collection from my childhood for him and I to enjoy. I'm on the hunt for anything..... originals, re-pops, knock offs, whatever that would be fun for us to play with. That's right, I said play with ha ha! The discussions and resources here seem to be pretty awesome, very glad I found this place. See ya round like a donut!

bah weep granah weep nini bong to you duttry! 38 years old here, also with a 3 year-old minicon, plus a 1 year-old baby girl who recently learned how to say OPTIMUS PRIME...I really need to pop that on Youtube one of these days, it's almost unbearable how cute she sounds...ahem, but I digress!

Yes, so it's nice to have you on board, hope you can post some pix of your collection so we can watch it grow :)

Are you mainly looking for G1s, or G1 homages, or do you branch out into other series like Beast Wars, Unicron Trilogy, Universe, Movieverse, Unicron-verse ect?

Not to toot our own horn, but we've got a pretty nice shop too if you haven't already checked it out. Don't be shy about special requesting stuff...I'm not exaggerating when I say we have 100x more stuff that's not even listed yet :)

Anyhow, enjoy the sights, hope we can get to know you better!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Well met and welcome to the friendliest TF forum around! I hope you and your little ones will be able to enjoy a great lifelong hobby together. Let any of us know if there's something we can do to help out, and feel free to jump in on our discussions!
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Thanks for the welcomes! I wish I had pics of a collection to share right now, but like I mentioned before, my childhood collection is MIA at the moment. It's a bummer too because I remember pretty much all I had and there were some killer pieces to have fun with. I'm looking primarily for G1 stuff.... from the beginning up through the 1986 movie stuff. However, I'm not a snob so if I can find anything of interest at the right price I'll grab it lol. Just last night I snatched up some current, and a couple older, pieces real cheap off the bay. I know there's a local flea with a toy vendor who has boat loads of bots, even has MOTU, GI Joe, and everything around and in between, so I'll be paying him a visit this weekend maybe for some goodies. I hope to do some family member attic/basement raiding soon to see if I can find my childhood stash.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Welcome to the forum, like TT said, this is the friendliest TF forum around. Enjoy your stay, and I bet you'll find what you're looking for in the TFL store. They literally have everything...everything...
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Welcome to TFL! I'm 36 also and started collecting Transformers and G.I. Joes 6 years ago. If I have any advice, it's to enjoy the journey. I treated it like a race those first 2-3 years and had a ton of stuff rolling in weekly. But now I look back at my G1 collection and don't remember transforming most of them more than once. :(
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Thanks to my career change, I'm finally finding myself with enough time to really enjoy the toys again... Unfortunately, 90% of my collection is in storage back in WI, a country away :( Still, it's better than being on the road and away from 100% of my collection, and worse yet... away from my Minerva :wink:
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

IDKW but this is a toy line I've never lost love for but never got big into collecting in my adult years till know. I have, and still do with some lines, collect/collected McFarlane and horror/movie toy lines, Star Wars... which will always be my first love, and Hot Wheels..... this is a genre that's slowly getting soured for me tho after all these years.

The ultimate goal is to enjoy it with my son.......... and get the pieces I wanted as a child but never had, HA.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Say duttry, I'm curious, I know you said you're getting back into Transformers to share with your three year old son but what sparked the interest in Transformers at this point in time specifically? Why not last year, or a year from now? Was there some commercial or just happened to be in toys r us one day?
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Welcome to TFL! :)
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

trance wrote:Say duttry, I'm curious, I know you said you're getting back into Transformers to share with your three year old son but what sparked the interest in Transformers at this point in time specifically? Why not last year, or a year from now? Was there some commercial or just happened to be in toys r us one day?
Well, here ya go......feel free to poke fun. I'm a giant kid ha ha! Seriously tho it started with the modern day movies. The other week on FX they were running them so I watched, even though I own the dvds the convenience of them on tv drew me in. So I was watching and started to get all nostalgic and wanted the cartoon I grew up with. Well, being a netflix subscriber pays off because I have all the episodes of the classic at my disposal for instant streaming...... plus I also own the dvd of the animated movie. Now with my transformer love being rekindled and the flame growing, the next phase begins. My son, being the average everyday male toddler he is, loves vehicles AND has an affinity for robots. BOOM! No brainer there on what to get him subjected to right!?!
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Minerva wrote:Welcome to TFL! :)
Spank you very much
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Welcome, Jeremy!
Jose Miguel Vargas