Elder Scrolls Online

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Elder Scrolls Online

Post by Countdown »

Is anyone here an Elder Scrolls fan? My favorite ES game was Morrowind. I was addicted to that and invested way more time into that game than was healthy. I liked Oblivion, but didn't love the story quite like Morrowind. Skyrim was great. I was fairly immersed in Skyrim. My immersion however was rudely interrupted and I felt it was a little more buggy than the other two.

And, soon we'll have Elder Scrolls Online. It certainly appears to be a blend of a MMO and the Elder Scrolls lore. This appears to be a vastly different take on Elder Scrolls than encountered before.

Any thoughts? Anyone know what I am talking about?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Post by Roadbuster »

The only one I own (or have played) is Skyrim. Was hooked on that game for a really long time, but eventually grew bored of it. They need to develop an app so I can play it on my smartphone....then again, no they don't. :lol:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I played Skyrim to death. Loved it. Had a crashing issue, but that probably has to do with 40 or so mods installed.

I started the beta on Elder Scrolls Online and have enjoyed what time I had with it. I didn't walk away from the beta feeling that I had a complete impression of how the games mechanics fully work tho. I only focused on exploring, combat, & a tad bit of blacksmithing. Was a good time.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I played skyrim first and loved it. Then picked up oblivion and couldn't get into it. Its too big a step backward.

I'm really interested in ESO but I only game on the consoles so I'm not in the beta. I'm not paying $60 for the game + subscription. So I doubt I'll get to play it until it goes free to play.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I heard that a console beta sign up was up now. I also thought I read that ESO wasn't going to have a subscription fee for one of the consoles if you were a member- I thought PS3 maybe I am wrong tho...

-edit-

I read that you don't have to have a playstation subscription to play ESO. Not gonna save a lot of money, as I would bet a lot of people already are members.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Yeah you don't need ps+, but its still $60 for the game and $15 a month ESO subscription.

Which everyone on the gaming site I go to thinks is nuts, mmo with subscriptions don't work anymore aside from wow. And to top it off its not getting stellar reviews from people who have played it. So people are predicting it'll have to go free to play.