Post some pics of YOUR collection! here are a few of mine.

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Re: Post some pics of YOUR collection! here are a few of min

Post by Roadbuster »

duttry98 wrote:
Roadbuster wrote:
duttry98 wrote:I'm also thinking about joining the TF Collectors Club so I can get some of their special releases and get the retail pieces that I'm sure will be impossible to find. Anyone here a member over there and reap those benefits? Please share your thoughts on the matter.
I've been a member of the G.I. Joe Collectors Club 2 out of the past 3 years (run by the same company: FunPub), and they had a database breach where all of the members credit/debit cards were hijacked. Not fun. :( But they seem to have learned from their mistakes since then...we all hope. As for their offerings. The FSS (Figure Subscription Service) is pretty cool (but PRICEY) and they usually put out a figure every month for 12 months as far as Joes are concerned. I think it's 6 figures per year on Tf'ers, so you'll have one come in every other month. These are just repaints, with slight retooling of existing molds however, but they try to fill holes in fans collections with figures Has/Tak hasn't made yet which is commendable. You'll also get a free magazine in the mail every month (trash) and a "free" figure for signing up. Usually that figure is the best they have to offer for the year and worth the ticket price.
How is it with them regarding getting product out to members in a timely manner? I'm a member, well was anyway, of another market of toys collector site and they have the market cornered on backorder BS. It's so bad that I'll be receiving and paying for items from 2013 till AT LEAST april of this year. Dony want to get wrapped up in a scenario like that again.
Lemme Guess? Matty Mattel? :P And while I've never signed up for their FSS, they do get their annual membership figures out on time. Usually April-May. Best way to approach it is to pay and forget until it arrives. I know that's easier said than done sometimes.
Perceptor
Alternator

Post by Perceptor »

THIS GUY just arrived today:

Looking him over, I'm reasoanbly sure he's legit - in as must as all of the bodies appear to have the relatively light, tell-tale wear of toys that certainly well-cared for, but ~28 years old never the less: Minor yellowing, chrome & paint wear, slight oxidation on the bolts, sticker fading & wear (where there ARE stickers!) you get the idea.

But there is ONE THING that's buggin' me: HOT SPOT's two guns. They're different, and one doesn't fit anywhere:

Other differences include the end of the barrel, and some areas which look smooth on the "correct" one (the one that fits) that appear to have a texture (what we in automotive would call "stipple grain") applied to them.

What there a variant of Hot Spot with smaller hands-holes? (and thus a different sized gun? handle) Or is my gun a KO? (Or is my Hot Spot?!)

Oh yeah, and one more thing, just about the design...:
"One's ultimate truth lies in one's molecular structure."
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Roadbuster wrote:
Lemme Guess? Matty Mattel? :P And while I've never signed up for their FSS, they do get their annual membership figures out on time. Usually April-May. Best way to approach it is to pay and forget until it arrives. I know that's easier said than done sometimes.
You guessed it, except it's on the Hot Wheels side of matty. But by your post it's apparent they lack productivity on the figure side at matty collector. Eh, I just think it's lame to be waiting and paying for 2013 items in mid 2014, HA. If it "really" bugged me I can always cancel my orders, but I won't LOL.
curch
Throttlebot

Post by curch »

I took some pics of my loose G1 Transformers today. I will save the boxed stuff for another time. They may not be perfect, they may not all be complete (actually I didn't include any accessories in the pics), but they are fun and challenging to collect. Hope my pics are worthy of this thread. I will make sure to stick around!

For all your vintage toy needs check out

http://stores.ebay.com/CURCHS-VINTAGE-TOY-PARADISE
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Man what a great collection, thanks for sharing. Also, I see we're quasi neighbors :wink: .
curch
Throttlebot

Post by curch »

Thanks! Where you from?

duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

curch wrote:Thanks! Where you from?
York/Harrisburg area. Will you be attending the CePA Comic-con coming up in April?
curch
Throttlebot

Post by curch »

Cool. No, I won't be going :( Have to work.

duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

curch wrote:Cool. No, I won't be going :( Have to work.
Life would spectacular if that whole work thing would just get out of the way. There's 120 hrs in a 5 day week....., 40 of it is spent sleeping(if you're lucky), 40 is spent "playing"( but for me it's recouping from the previous day), and 40 is spent at a job working!!!!! NOT COOL!!!!!!!!! :lol:
curch
Throttlebot

Post by curch »

Well, I only work 6 months out of the year, so I can't complain! :)

duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

curch wrote:Well, I only work 6 months out of the year, so I can't complain! :)
Hell no you can't! Construction/landscaping? One company I used to work for, we had a guy come in on his "off season", he was a landscape architect.
curch
Throttlebot

Post by curch »

I'm in the ice cream business.

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

curch wrote:I'm in the ice cream business.
Count me in. Anyone else?
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Countdown wrote:
curch wrote:I'm in the ice cream business.
Count me in. Anyone else?
Fat kid here, I'm in!
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

This is a combo collection/new figure post as I have recently acquired Groundbreaker. The animal faced Autobot Pretenders of 1988 are some of my favorite Transformers. Lots of beastly detail going in on the Pretender shells. You got Splashdown the shark, Groundbreaker the big cat and Sky high the hawk/eagle. It's hard for me to pick a favorite among this group, however Sky high was my first one and sealed until I opened him several years ago. His inner robot figure is quite "higher" than the others as seen in the picture. Groundbreaker comes with more accessories, so he usually goes for more on the market. I love how they integrated Splashdown's belt into the lower jaw of his shark Pretender shell.

PETER IS GOD!Image
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Very nice! Thanks for sharing! :)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Nice. I love the pretenders... I had Sky High growing up and I played with him till his limbs for completely floppy. Great stuff there.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Here's a smidge of my G1 collection thus far. I'll get a much better pic of it all on display once we're moved in and zettled into our new house this weekend. Enjoy. .........

ImageImage

As for Ratchet & Ironhide needing their red pegs, and Hound needing a gas can, they're all complete and in pretty nice shape. The only one that worries me and I think I may look in to "upgrade" eventually is Mirage. He's as sloppy as a $2 hooker LOL. Whenever I get him out for fun I cringe for that moment when he crumbles LOL.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

He's finally complete!!! Image
After quite a few months of part & deal searching his final piece arrived yesterday to complete him. So here's a small rundown of his "build" if anyone cares to read lol. He started as a piece in a $10 lot of 5 different bots off of CL & had a broken barrel hinge and no other parts/accessories. A new replacement barrel section was sourced from ebay for $18. Now I finally had a nice complete main figure to build from. Time goes on and after purchasing many different parts lots of mixed fodder off ebay, getting what I needed for Megs and of course other bots, I would sell off the rest of the unecessay bits & complete spare bots from some parts for re-sale. So basically after some crafty buying/selling and patience, I was able to put together a really nice Megatron for for under $30.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

congrats on completing him.
PETER IS GOD!Image