A New Year, a new RP?

Weigh in on the details or throw your RP hat in the ring!

Moderator: Sideways

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Re: A New Year, a new RP?

Post by Roadbuster »

Rhymus wrote:
Roadbuster wrote:If it ever does kick back off, I might try to talk my wife into signing up here as Starscream and only using her account in the Rp section. She's a fan too, but not to the level I am. So any posting done in the non-RP section would be by her and not me. I can't see myself RP'ing as an Autobot and have a pretty extensive history Rp'ing in the Decepticon camp on other Rp forums.
Either/both Mr. and/or Mrs. Roadbuster are certainly welcome, but i'm not sure if you said what you meant or meant what you said. If she's not to your level, wouldn't "any posting done in the non-RP section would be by" you and not her? Didn't you change your screen name to Roadbuster precisely because you intended to rejoin the RP as that Autobot? i think you also said in another thread that you could play Starscream in your sleep, so i guess you do mean for that role to be your wife's (and you could help her if she gets stuck, is that the plan?)

As for fans making up their own Original Characters, i can think of at least one argument in favor of OCs, and at least two arguments against using canon characters as Player Characters. OCs are a way for fans to add something new and unique to the universe they love so much, while using a canon character as a PC deprives other players access to that part of the universe they love so much--especially if the player (deliberately or accidentally) plays that character too differently from any canonical portrayals. That being said, i think the TFL RPGs tend to be small enough :-( to accommodate OCs and canon characters.
You misunderstood what I said. :? "IF" I can talk my wife into registering here, she IS a Transformers fan, but mostly from what she's seen in the live action movies. Therefore, she doesn't quite have the history that I have with the franchise being a fan for 30 years. She is more of a conversationalist and the entire forum would be hers to post in by her (in her own words) and I would only be "borrowing" her account (assuming she even registers as a Decepticon, or at all) to partake in the RP. Something she has already stated having no interest in.

The Roadbuster moniker/username was NOT chosen by me because I have an interest in playing him or any Autobot for that matter in the RP. I drive for a living....a lot....therefore the name itself fits me and who I am on a personal level. Nothing more, nothing less. I've had a few username changes here at TFL, but hey.....so have you if I recall.

I've played Starscream on Transformers Role Playing forums before where all the people there do IS Role Play. It's (the RP) held to a really high standard over there and I've been told by more than a few that I've got a good feel for Starscream and bring out his personality really well within the context of the written word. Both through his speech (thought process) mannerisms as well as his deviancy through action. But I've also played a host of others (Decepticons) and don't really care who I get, I can make it work. I'm versatile in that regard.

As far as Canons go vs. OC's....OC's require A LOT of work for everyone else involved in the RP (that isn't using the character) to get a feel for the character and every time a battle/confrontation ensues, having to revert back and "study" someone elses character profile sheet for generalizations, strengths, weaknesses, powers...exc, is not only mundane/boring but a repetitive drill that can be avoided when there are G1 (Canon) characters available (especially major, influential ones) that any passerby or wayward fan can click on the thread and instantly know/visualize who they're reading about. Not to mention everyone knows where everyone stands in battle and takes some actual skilled writing ability for a character with less firepower to get the upper hand on another who has some serious firepower. Personalities aren't set in stone either when playing Canon characters. You can go by the animation/comic for inspiration, of course, but I always put a personal spin on my Canon characters personality when playing them.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

It sounds like you've played in some very rigorous games! I guess we've never had the population to really pull something like that off. Have you read any of our old roleplay threads? What do you make of them?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I haven't RP'ed in at least 4 years. Yeah, they take it pretty seriously over there. It got to the point where I couldn't keep up, due to life getting in the way and all, so I bowed out gracefully and relinquished the majority of the canon accounts I controlled.

I was never really involved in the RP here, and when I actually became "a regular" here all the Deceptions had already left...well a good majority anyways. I did dig through the archives a time-or-two and it looked like a fun place to interact.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

I vote that we establish a "Robo-rat's Pizza" thread in whatever the active subforum should be called, under the always useful "if you build it, they will come" principle. I would certainly be willing to start such a thread if the appropriate subforum where created.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Do we want to have our setting on Cybertron, or stranded on another planet? The benefits of Cybertron being openness and familiar turf, the benefits of being stranded would be tight-knitted groups and a strong central story thread. Opinions?
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Rattrap wrote:I vote that we establish a "Robo-rat's Pizza" thread in whatever the active subforum should be called, under the always useful "if you build it, they will come" principle. I would certainly be willing to start such a thread if the appropriate subforum where created.
i built it (CLICK HERE) and no one came. :-( The "tl;dr" in the title was supposed to be a joke! If i change the title of the thread and the name of the bar to "Robo-rat's Pizza", will i get a better response?

Be honest with me:

Does what i wrote suffer from "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?

or is it actually too long for anyone to bother reading? (It's about 3 pages in Microsoft Word, but it's really just a pile-up of Transformers-themed puns and one-liners.)

Or does my track record with the RP make people mistrust the possibility of RPing with me?

Or is it that i wrote a fanfic with numerous characters, including quite a few OCs, without focusing on a single individual the way "we" generally advocate in TFL's RPGs?

Does it work as a fanfic, but not as a part (or a start) of an RPG? or vice versa, or neither, or both?

ROADBUSTER: i most certainly did misunderstand you! i'm glad i asked for clarification, and i hope you weren't offended by anything i said. Also, since i misunderstood you once, i wonder if i misunderstood you previously?
Roadbuster wrote:http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 0&start=89
Galvatron wrote:Hollow, Skyfire, Skywarp and now Roadbuster.

you have a major identity crisis. :wink:
I prefer to call it an "upgrade."
Sideways wrote:Another Autobot for the RP? :P
In due time yes. Though the RP wasn't my primary motive for changing usernames. I will let the sides even out first and then I will write my character in...possibilities are endless with this character and I am looking forward to it.
i'm not insisting that you RP as Roadbuster or any other Autobot, but i'm wondering if you previously planned to and changed your mind (and if so, what made you change your mind), or if i misunderstood what you said then, too?

As for changing names, i'm sure not criticizing anyone for it (see sig below). As i told you before (and i still think this is funny): http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.c ... s-99056410

As for canon characters being easier for other players to recognize/remember, that kind of depends on the specific character and other player(s) involved. Not every fan who wants to RP knows every canon character, not even characters so prominent as Roadbuster and the rest of the Wreckers. (i think G2 was over--finished--before i even heard of Roadbuster or Marvel's G1 comics.)

For this RP, i was thinking i would make OC Chaser my primary character; after reading about your preference for canon characters (but before reading your reasoning for that preference), i considered repurposing a member of the Decepticon rescue squadron (the silvery-whitish one in this picture) as Chaser, then started considering canon G1 characters like Doubledealer, Doubleclouder, Swindler, Scamper, Slammer, Six-Gun... all fairly obscure characters that many serious TransFans still might have to look up to refresh their memories of the Transformers' looks, personalities, abilities, etc. (Not helpfully, in the cases of Swindler and Scamper, i like the look and personality of each character, but kind of wanted to change their names. Doubleclouder, meanwhile, might be like TFL RPG Minerva, retconned as an actual Transformer rather than an organic creature with a Transtector.)

The bar i wrote about could be anywhere--Earth's surface, in orbit around Nebulos, a free-floating space station--it could even be on/near Cybertron if we delete the Threat To Both Factions i wrote at the end. For sitting around chatting, delete the Threat To Both Factions i wrote at the end and let the rest of the story i wrote stand as is; for a bit of action, Trunk and the unspecified Decepticon car (or anyone siding with either of them) could start a bar fight.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Rhymus wrote: ROADBUSTER: i most certainly did misunderstand you! i'm glad i asked for clarification, and i hope you weren't offended by anything i said. Also, since i misunderstood you once, i wonder if i misunderstood you previously?
Roadbuster wrote:http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 0&start=89
Galvatron wrote:Hollow, Skyfire, Skywarp and now Roadbuster.

you have a major identity crisis. :wink:
I prefer to call it an "upgrade."
Sideways wrote:Another Autobot for the RP? :P
In due time yes. Though the RP wasn't my primary motive for changing usernames. I will let the sides even out first and then I will write my character in...possibilities are endless with this character and I am looking forward to it.
i'm not insisting that you RP as Roadbuster or any other Autobot, but i'm wondering if you previously planned to and changed your mind (and if so, what made you change your mind), or if i misunderstood what you said then, too?

As for changing names, i'm sure not criticizing anyone for it (see sig below). As i told you before (and i still think this is funny): http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.c ... s-99056410

Hollow is a username I've taken at the Shadow Realm for my "main account" as using any Canon (or any Transformers brand copyrighted character name for that matter) account is strictly reserved for RP accounts. Has no bearing here at TFL. Skyfire is also a username I've used on Galvatrons Lair (since changed to Sixshot)....again has no bearing here. Galvatron just happens to know me from both of those places so let's get that part straight. He just happened to bring it up here. Care to guess who I'm registered as at my most frequented, favorite TF'ers forum of all? TFW2005? Don't have a clue do you? Yeah...not that interesting is it?

And no I don't get offended easily. It just seems like for some people they love to worship the "devil in the details", so I'm spelling it all out for you. I'll also be happy to answer or clarify on anything else you want to quote that I've said since being a member here.

And I might have considered RB at one point in time in the RP, yes, but I reiterate that wasn't my primary focus for the username change. Yes it was an "upgrade" from Skywarp as far as toughness, firepower and overall grit is concerned, but a lot of others would have been as well.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rhymus wrote:
Rattrap wrote:I vote that we establish a "Robo-rat's Pizza" thread in whatever the active subforum should be called, under the always useful "if you build it, they will come" principle. I would certainly be willing to start such a thread if the appropriate subforum where created.
i built it (CLICK HERE) and no one came. :-( The "tl;dr" in the title was supposed to be a joke! If i change the title of the thread and the name of the bar to "Robo-rat's Pizza", will i get a better response?

Be honest with me:

Does what i wrote suffer from "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?

or is it actually too long for anyone to bother reading? (It's about 3 pages in Microsoft Word, but it's really just a pile-up of Transformers-themed puns and one-liners.)

Or does my track record with the RP make people mistrust the possibility of RPing with me?

Or is it that i wrote a fanfic with numerous characters, including quite a few OCs, without focusing on a single individual the way "we" generally advocate in TFL's RPGs?

Does it work as a fanfic, but not as a part (or a start) of an RPG? or vice versa, or neither, or both?
I think that not specifically asking for comments results in no comments. I think it works fine as an amusing fanfic, but not necessarily as a start to a new RP. It is somewhat lengthy, very reference heavy, full of NPCs, and not posted to the RP subforum.

I do think as a rule people should be focusing on one particular character and if NPCs come up as necessary, that they be kept few in number and out of the spotlight. It's also generally good to keep posts shorter so that the story evolve cooperatively rather than unilaterally. And not that the RP is srs business, but just a series of references does not a compelling story make.
Time Traveller wrote:Do we want to have our setting on Cybertron, or stranded on another planet? The benefits of Cybertron being openness and familiar turf, the benefits of being stranded would be tight-knitted groups and a strong central story thread. Opinions?
I do kind of like stranded on a dead cybertron as an option, but that might be a little much. If we do go with another planet, I would prefer one without a large indigenous population (ie not modern earth).
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'd give you (pl.) my two cents, but the smallest change I have is in quarters. So here comes TT's comments, worth about two bits.

Rhymus, I did read the entirety of your mini-fic, and I thought it was quite amusing, however, I guess I didn't see it as a broadly viable RP start for some of the same reasons Rattrap mentions. I take no offense at the series of references, but in a laced-with-comedy way, much like the TF Mosaic you posted.

I'd prefer to not start out on a TTBF this time around, but that's just my opinion. I think, from experiences here, that the TTBF would be more exciting and meaningful if the factions had established rivalries and conflicts that they had to set aside for the TTBF. If you start out with the characters allied, the conflict after the TTBF has a strange feel, as there's no established reason to stop working together.

Next: Whoa! Usernames are usernames. Here at TFL, you're more than welcome to play a character not your username, or to play the character of your username. No sweat. I recognize Roadbuster's preference for established characters, so I split the difference by picking an obscure character, but one who at least has an official toy. The benefit of OC's is the player's latitude to "establish" the character in a way they see fit, and enjoy playing. Knowing a little more about RB's previous RP's, I can see why OC's can be challenging: they have many more players. Since our group is so small, I'd say anyone is more than welcome to play an OC, or a canon character. If we can still build a fun and engaging roleplay, that's good enough for me. I'd love to try a large, more structured roleplay, but I don't think that's in the cards. Also, our "rules" are far less formal, and in the past, we've not had much problem with people disagreeing over the results of a battle (re: RB's comment about character capabilities). Often, there's not a lot of real competitive spirit, and 'Bot and 'Con players worked together behind the scenes to make a good story, rather than trying to "win" a fight.

Lastly, on setting. I'm not feeling it for "Dead Cybertron", as it's almost too open-ended for such a small group. I also agree with Rattrap's sentiment that "indigenous populations" (humans) are annoying. I think most TransFans can agree on that. However, if the "indigenous population" were unable to be really involved, that wouldn't be too bad. Otherwise, an abandoned planet would work fine, too. Perhaps some nice ruins, a sprinkling of artifacts or left-behind information, but not enough to be a perpetual plot point.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I've invited a friend to rp with us. Knowing her, she may want to fill in for megatron or create a new 'con leader. It's always seemed to be that lately the Autobots had more of a plan and knowing what's going on, while we have almost no active Decepticons, or a leader to boot. I'll probably be filling in for both sides once I figure out who I want to play.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I could see a storyline involving Cybertron somehow.. not a dead Cybertron, but maybe a past or "golden age". Maybe we could travel to earth (sans humans) and start there. Unlocks more potential for people to play and make an altmode that would "blend in".

Although, I did always like the Cybertron storylines we had. Maybe we can settle around something like that and have a conflict.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Composing a post, accidentally refreshed the webpage before finishing, lost a whole mess of stuff! :-(

Attempting reconstruction:

Thoughts in no particular order:

RATTRAP, is your Drill Bit's appearance based on any canon TF character or characters? maybe Armada Drill Bit or Cybertron Drill Bit or Universe Drill Bit or Kre-O Drill Bit? (For reasons i don't understand, i can't read your description of your character without picturing Armada Drill Bit's partner, Buzzsaw.)

SIDEWAYS, is Brownout an Autobot? You just called him a 'bot, which is sometimes shorthand for "robot" regardless of faction.

At some point i want to see someone knock Brownout's disruptor weapon out of his hand (actually successfully disarming Brownout, not because Brownout allowed it to happen), and then i want Brownout's unsuspecting opponent to snatch up the weapon and try to use it against Brownout. If Brownout is an Autobot, Drag Strip or one of his combiner compatriots might be the one for this scene.

i kind of prefer TFs with alternate modes resembling Earthly machines as might appear in realistic fiction, rather than futuristic or Cybertronian alternate modes. So, for example, not necessarily an F-22 Raptor, but a fighter jet rather than a star fighter (although TFs are alien robots in disguise, so it's fine if someone looks like an F-22 but is capable of space flight). Another example, not necessarily a Ford Mustang, but a sports car rather than a hover-car or flying car (unless it's a third mode, like G1 Tracks or G1 Overdrive). That sort of thing. Since i'm obsessed with continuity, these kinds of alternate modes demand that the TFs have been to Earth, although they don't necessarily have to stay on Earth.

i'm not inclined to object if some or all of the TFs have "outdated" alternate modes--Bumblebee as a VW Beetle or 1976 Camaro or steam locomotive, G1 Sideswipe instead of CHUGGUERTS Sideswipe, casette player Soundwave, biplanes, vintage cars, etc, as long as they're realistic fiction (no Flintstone cars, for example).

Beast modes can be really cool or really stupid depending on their origins, their portrayal... my mood...

From the way this conversation started, i thought we would be depicting TFs hanging out, more or less at peace--either mingling in neutral territory or under flags of truce, or during a time of peace (before, after, or between the Cybertronian civil wars), or simply focusing on off-duty TFs (on leave or in the reserves, for example--or how about in a neutral battlefield medical facility?)

From the way this conversation has progressed, i think we're heading more towards an actual Autobot/Decepticon conflict, with characters at war, trying to kill each other.

Which is it?

If the TFs are at war, did the war just begin, or has the war been going on for a long time? Is this the first Cybertronian war, or was there a previous war (or several previous wars) that ended, but now the treaty is breaking down?

What if, instead of evacuating a dead Cybertron and/or abandoning Earth, the TFs are actually heading out in pursuit of some MechGuffin? If more than one MechGuffin exists (like the Armada Mini-Cons or Cyber Planet Keys), and/or the TFs don't know where to find the MechGuffin or MechGuffins (like the G1 Marvel Matrix or the 2007 movie Allspark), that gives us an excuse to break into small teams, who may interact as they cross paths--an Autobot team and a Decepticon team may race/battle for one location, perhaps calling other teams for reinforcements (but can the reinforcements get there in time?), while elsewhere two Autobot teams pool information and find that each team has discovered pieces of the puzzle that the other team was missing.
Sideways wrote:It's always seemed to be that lately the Autobots had more of a plan and knowing what's going on, while we have almost no active Decepticons, or a leader to boot.
What about if this time, the Decepticons discover the MechGuffin and go after it, but the Autobots have no idea why the Decepticons suddenly left, forcing the Autobots to follow? Maybe the Decepticons even had the upper hand--Cybertron overrun, and Earth held hostage--making the Autobots that much more perplexed and suspicious when the Decepticons give up that territory.
Sideways wrote:I've invited a friend to rp with us. Knowing her, she may want to fill in for megatron or create a new 'con leader.
Any word from her? (On account of her being female, i suggest that we refer to her and/or her version of Megatron as "Meg" until she tells us otherwise.)

Will the Autobot and Decepticon leaders be Player Characters (possibly Boss and "Meg"), or will the leaders be NPCs, maybe even perpetually "offstage", with PCs talking about them ("Pepsi Convoy wanted me to ask you for an update?" / "Decepticharge is in charge now, and he says we launch the attack at midnight!")

Sometimes, when Megatron is elsewhere, missing, or presumed dead or defeated, Starscream convinces the Decepticons to make him their new leader. TFTM and IDW Infiltration, for example.

i also "claimed" the Battle Gaia team as NPCs, and canonically, when Scrash was acting-leader of the Decepticons, he put Battle Gaia in charge of taking over Earth.

Did i say i wanted Drag Strip on a different planet than the rest of the Stunticons? So maybe, if we're not focusing on Earth and Cybertron, maybe Shuttle Gunner is off to the Monacus, while the rest of the Battle Gaia team and Drag Strip are on the planet Beest (home of the Beastformers), and the rest of the Stunticons are with the Seacons on Nebulos. Or something like that. Swap out Monacus, Beest, and Nebulos for Klo, Quintessa, and Paradron, or we can make up some planets, moons, and asteroids. Who knows.

ROADBUSTER may notice that i wrote in the other thread about the Battle Gaia team blaming Starscream for Shuttle Gunner's absence. My theories are...

1) Maybe all the members of the Battle Gaia team except Shuttle Gunner were aboard a ship, and Starscream ordered that ship to launch without checking to make sure everyone was aboard who should have been.

2) Maybe at some point, Starscream gave Shuttle Gunner the wrong rendezvous coordinates (by accident or on purpose?)

3) Maybe Starscream had nothing to do with Shuttle Gunner getting separated from the rest of the Battle Gaia team, but through some misunderstanding, the Battle Gaia team believes Starscream is to blame.

i'm about 80% sure i'm going to try Drag Strip for this game, but i'd like some feedback on some fanfic character ideas i had and considered for the new RP. i don't exactly have names for these characters, but i'll call them Decepticon Warrior X, Autobot Warrior Y, and Autobot Scientist Z. Decepticon X was dead and Autobots Y and Z were dying, so Z attempted to combine himself with Y (using a procedure similar to what happened to Rack and Ruin), taking spare parts from Decepticon X when necessary. Z expected for his mind and Y's mind to be active at the same time, like conjoined twins, but what happened instead was that they became Transformer XYZ, a Triple Changer with multiple personality disorder (the personalities being X, Y, and Z), such that whenever he/they transformed, the active mind had only a 1-in-3 chance of remaining the active mind. Still, sometimes the active mind would risk transforming, because some things really must be done in robot mode (such as piloting a ship), but one of his/their alternate modes was better armed and better armored for battle, and his/their other alternate mode was the only one capable of flight. Also, sometimes Z might transform hoping for Y to take his place, in situations where Y's superior combat skills were called for, while other times Y would similarly transform hoping for Z to come online because Z's superior intellect or specialized skills were needed. i originally planned on Transformer XYZ being original character(s), but then i got the idea of XYZ being a reimagined version of G1 Doubledealer, with X being named Skar (bat alternate mode), Y being named Knok (military vehicle alternate mode), and Z being named Clouder (bird alternate mode).
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

To answer your question, Rhymus:

Brownout is indeed an Autobot. He's basically my replacement for Sideways in this "world", but dubbed down and not so "overteched" like I envisioned Sideways for the previous RP. That means no more secret factory, no more supercomputers or AI or any of the such. No switching altmodes every couple of months. I may tweak his profile a bit more before we start.

Your desire to see Brownout's disruptor used against him would do no good.

"Brownout is immune to his own weapon, due to internal circuity that he installed that prevents his weapon from being used against him."

He was smart enough to "pad" his own systems against such a situation. More then likely, he'd laugh at them before causing some damage. Who's to say that his disruptor wouldn't "backfire" and actually cause his opponent harm when they tried to use it against him?

The weapon is more effective on actual computers/technology then transformers. At most, it'll cause involuntary stasis lock for a period of time. Brownout is a pacifist and would rather not fight.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Sideways wrote:Brownout's disruptor used against him would do no good.

"Brownout is immune to his own weapon, due to internal circuity that he installed that prevents his weapon from being used against him."
That was actually my point. It doesn't matter if he's immune to his own weapon unless he winds up on the receiving end sometime during the story. i thought it would be funny to see one of his enemies learn the hard way. Maybe it could happen sometime when the Decepticons have nearly defeated the Autobots, but someone (like Drag Strip) tries to finish Brownout with Brownout's own weapon (oops), giving Brownout the element of surprise for a few crucial moments (either because the Decepticon is busy gawking to see Brownout remain functional, or because Brownout fakes stasis lock and then makes a move when the 'Con turns his back).
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rhymus wrote: RATTRAP, is your Drill Bit's appearance based on any canon TF character or characters? maybe Armada Drill Bit or Cybertron Drill Bit or Universe Drill Bit or Kre-O Drill Bit? (For reasons i don't understand, i can't read your description of your character without picturing Armada Drill Bit's partner, Buzzsaw.)
Good call on two of those. Drill bit is based on a combination of Armada Drillbit, his buddy Armada Buzzsaw, an actual mining vehicle, and the fact that there is of course a Beast Wars Drillbit.
Rhymus wrote: From the way this conversation started, i thought we would be depicting TFs hanging out, more or less at peace--either mingling in neutral territory or under flags of truce, or during a time of peace (before, after, or between the Cybertronian civil wars), or simply focusing on off-duty TFs (on leave or in the reserves, for example--or how about in a neutral battlefield medical facility?)

From the way this conversation has progressed, i think we're heading more towards an actual Autobot/Decepticon conflict, with characters at war, trying to kill each other.

Which is it?
From my understanding, it is likely to be both of these. With parties hanging out in neutral territory and fighting outside of that territory, probably in a rather low period of the first cybertronian civil war (mainly due to the manpower numbers).
Rhymus wrote: What if, instead of evacuating a dead Cybertron and/or abandoning Earth, the TFs are actually heading out in pursuit of some MechGuffin? If more than one MechGuffin exists, and/or the TFs don't know where to find the MechGuffin or MechGuffins, that gives us an excuse to break into small teams, who may interact as they cross paths--an Autobot team and a Decepticon team may race/battle for one location, perhaps calling other teams for reinforcements, while elsewhere two Autobot teams pool information and find that each team has discovered pieces of the puzzle that the other team was missing.
Even with all the possible variations, our plot options so far boil down to small-scale space-chase or small-scale turf war. I will mention a third option, which I'm not sure how well it would work in our nearly ruleless system, is due to the low number of PC's and the chronic "too many chiefs, not enough indians" problem, we play commanders on each side that work to capture and control objectives that affect our ability to field troops. This would be relatively early in the Autobot/Decepticon conflict, think risk with RP with the caviat of PC's being worth a lot on the battle field and any PC vs. PC battle being mostly decided by personal duel.

In any case, I think we are perhaps putting the tavern before the campaign and should either resolve the plot differences in-character or in a OOC poll. We should either try to begin the actual RP and see if we have the steam to maintain it or focus on recruiting other potentially interested parties until we believe that we have the requisite steam to maintain an active RP.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm undecided in the end in what character I'll play. I might just end up playing Sideways again. Who knows.

I've invited some friends to join the site, some of them may join the RP. Be nice to have some 'Cons. :twisted:
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Alright, someone needs to get you clowns straightened out and get you a roleplay started. Seriously you tried to get this going almost a year ago. This is happening, now.

Now I'll be honest in that I didn't read everything posted here in complete detail but from what I gather the idea is for either a good ol fashioned autobots v decepticons throw down, a peaceful emerging bar type gathering, or a little of both. Everyone wants to invite friends who aren't showing up. And no one can decide what character they want to play. That about right?

My two cents. Because there's currently about six people wanting to do this, I propose something similar to what's already been suggested. A group of explorers from one or both factions crash lands on an unfamiliar planet and must cope with the challenges that brings. Sort of stereotypical TF I know but we can put our own spin on it. Don't necessarily need to have enemy factions but make it more about survival on a hostile world.

That said, who is with me? Because unless I hear massive public outcry against this, I'm starting it soon. So man up or woman up and decide on a character. Take your seats, its time to RP.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm onboard! Probably will end up sticking with my namesake. I have some tweaking to do with his profile.

Why don't we crash on Earth and go from there?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

So some jerk called me on the phone to tell me to get my sorry ass on the forum. I guess I'd better do what he says. Count me in.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

My character sheet has been updated.

I'm playing my namesake again. Still gifted with technology, but not over the top.

Prefers to use speed and agility to his advantage. He's very confident in his skills as a ninja, and is equipped with a cloaking device, but doesn't like to use it.