Toy "secrets"

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

That video was Awesome.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

That's an awesome find Countdown.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Countdown wrote:In response to combining classics jetfire and prime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KboY17QbQAU

I saw this a long time ago. And, I thought it was kick @$$!
Doing that gives you a figure that doesn't hold together all that well.

Trust me in person it sucks badly.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

As is the way with things. He looks cool, though. Too bad I don't have classics prime. Or a complete jetfire. :evil:
Hot Rod
Alternator

Post by Hot Rod »

In all fairness it wasn't meant to it's only something you can do with them after all.
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

Hot Rod wrote:
captainamerica wrote:I think he means ROTF, not Classics. But if I'm wrong, I'd LOOOOOVE to see pics.
No classics. Watch Countdowns link it's ace!!!
I stand corrected. Here's some pics:

Optimus + Treadbolt + Jetfire's armor:

Magnus + Jetfire + Treadbolt's armor:

Nemesis + Dreadwind:

I played around with the conversion a bit and found that you can fold the piece that supports air foil (big gun) in truck mode around Jetfire's, um, crotch (?) to stabilize the 'super mode'.
This should be done before folding the boosters down.
My heart is die-cast.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I love the color combos on these.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

might have to try those. :o
PETER IS GOD!Image
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

They're pretty awesome, albeit a little kibbly. i do prime/jetfire and magnus/treadbolt, but it's all preference, i suppose.

Nemesis/Dreadwind looks AWESOME! Too bad i don't have $$ for exclusives....
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

Time Traveller wrote:They're pretty awesome, albeit a little kibbly. i do prime/jetfire and magnus/treadbolt, but it's all preference, i suppose.

Nemesis/Dreadwind looks AWESOME! Too bad i don't have $$ for exclusives....
I figure most people would do it your way, I just thought the colors worked a little better the way I shot them.

And don't be upset, TT, I'm sure your collection puts mine to shame. I have less than 50 transformers total.
My heart is die-cast.
chulik
Targetmaster

Post by chulik »

I don't know whether it's already well-known here........There are actually 1 mincion peg on each of Classic Bumblebee's arm (the peg holding his car door in robot mode). I have found the photo finally......

________
EDSEL FORD II HISTORY
Last edited by chulik on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

Don't have a pick but theirs also minicon pegs on the shoulders of Movie Blackout,Evac,Whirl,Grindor...

And that Jetfire, Optimus combination looks awesome! defiently trying that when I get home.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Swindle
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Swindle »

This may already be on here but, 2007 movie deluxe wreckage can hold his swords as a gun if you flip them in so the gun barrel is pointing forward like in vehicle mode.
"Make deals, not war!"

Swindle
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Swindle »

You can take ROTF bludgeon swords and combine them on the bottoms for a sort of darth maul effect.
"Make deals, not war!"

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Time to revive this topic. :)

You can lock the chest of Universe Special Edition Optimus Prime so the stupid gimmick will stop spinning! Grab the blue tab that triggers the gimmick and pull it out until you hear a click. Voila! :D

I always thought that this was the dumbest and most moronic figure made because of the power punch gimmick. I never knew it could lock in place. I learned this while I was watching a youtube video (I was searching for mods to disable the gimmick) I scrolled down to the comments and read that a viewer had figured this out. I tried it and it works great!

----------

It's been over a year since this topic has been commented on. That means a year of more transformer toys. Anyone else find any secrets that may be unknown to the rest of us?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Countdown wrote:Time to revive this topic. :)

You can lock the chest of Universe Special Edition Optimus Prime so the stupid gimmick will stop spinning! Grab the blue tab that triggers the gimmick and pull it out until you hear a click. Voila! :D

I always thought that this was the dumbest and most moronic figure made because of the power punch gimmick. I never knew it could lock in place. I learned this while I was watching a youtube video (I was searching for mods to disable the gimmick) I scrolled down to the comments and read that a viewer had figured this out. I tried it and it works great!

----------

It's been over a year since this topic has been commented on. That means a year of more transformer toys. Anyone else find any secrets that may be unknown to the rest of us?
Bravo, friend soldier. I just opened mine, he was here on my desk waiting to be pic'd for the archive, and you made my day. I'll have to dig out the classics "battle begins" 2-pack and see if it does the same.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

TimeTraveller wrote:Bravo, friend soldier. I just opened mine, he was here on my desk waiting to be pic'd for the archive, and you made my day.
:D My pleasure TT. It made my day, too! After discovering this, he just became my favorite Prime!

I don't see any reason it won't work on the 2 pack. Oddly enough, they repainted the pull tab for the two pack... its black.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

ROTF Banzaitron's swords can be held by Generations Cliffjumper. It is a little tight. But, it isn't much tighter than when Banzaitron holds them.

Banzais dagger looks like a sword when Cliffjumper holds it. And, the sword looks wickedly awesome.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Sweet! I'd love to see a pic of this! Have Banzitron but haven't been swayed to pick up WFC Cliffjumper just yet...might just help change my mind. :)
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Re: Toy "secrets"

Post by Sideways »

I'll try that with my WFC 'Bee and movie Bludgeon..