Generations Skids

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Generations Skids

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I have heard complaints about how the mold is giving people problems.

I wondered whet the problem could be, because Skids had to be a recolor (MOLD FLOG!) of 2007 Classics Bee and Jumper. I mean, the main complaint in 2007 was that this mold looked like a turbo hatchback a la Skids instead of a Porche or Beetle in the first place.

Leave it to Hasbro to only give us new problematic molds instead of the one time flogging was the obvious choice. There is absolutely no room for that head to flip on this one. Also, the trademark kibble behind the head is now gone when that was ever present on the G1 version as well as the Bee/Jumper mold! The only advantage here is that the grill is still center chest, but it is not as obvious what you are looking at.

Anyone else feel that the mistake was made when the did not use the CHUG Bee/Jumper mold instead of trying to jam what should have been the Hoist/Trailcutter hood onto a hatchback body?

Anyone else notice any major issues with the Skids design?
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Re: Generations Skids

Post by skywarp408 »

I can't even find the figure.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm in the same boat. Never saw Skids around here.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

^^^ add me to that list as well. :cry:
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Saw him at a Walmart way back. T'was before I had interest in the current market stuff.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I better start looking at other places like walmart.
PETER IS GOD!Image
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

I can't make any promises but I'll grab a couple for those in need here if said Wally still happens to have them. I know for a fact that that Wally doesn't move Transformer merch all that fast.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Some of the older waves are starting to make their way back into stores. Found this wave about a week ago in my local Target, everything except Skids. Found it recently again at my Walmart. We have like 3 of them on the shelf, and they're not selling. I don't know if people know it's rare or not lol.
Nemesis Prime
Throttlebot

Post by Nemesis Prime »

i have all three figs (Skids/Rollbar/Crosscut) in the "skids" mold :mrgreen:

the one complaint that I have found with the initial mold (skids) vs the most current (crosscut) is that when transforming from bot to vehicle the waist does not line up very easily and causes the doors/arms/chest/grill to mis-align. this issue was fixed on crosscut as i've notice a huge difference when transforming them.