New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Re: New toy purchases

Post by duttry98 »

Roadbuster wrote:
duttry98 wrote:I tell ya what, you guys keep flashing these gnarly looking 3rd party guys and I MIGHT have to sell off my g1 collection and start collecting these. I love the "show accuracy" these things possess.
That's the way to go now-a-days. G1's are steadily declining in value (unless you own something super rare and complete... like the Japanese G1's) while 3rd party figures are SKYROCKETING in value once online retail stores sell out. Not only do they look better and have more poseability but it makes more financial sense too as selling them to make your money back (sometimes doubling or tripling your investment) isn't hard at all to do.
Value and financial gain (return on the "investment") isn't an issue for me. That's actually a big thing that has turned me away from other things I've enjoyed collecting. Guys hoarding up pieces just to flip them for an inflated profit all because they think it's gold or some sh*t. Kinda sad really. The only time cost and value are an issue for me is when I need a miniscule part to complete a piece and someone wants a ridiculously over inflated price for it. I really do like the "show accuracy" on the 3rd part pieces tho, that's what draws me in. I think once I get my G1 collection where I want it I'll enjoy it for a spell and then sell and move on. We'll see...........

Really digging some of these Generations Voyager Class pieces that are out as well.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Yeah, I noticed some G1's going down too. My Fort max I bought for $1000 went way down thanks to the reissue coming out a month after I bought it. No way of knowing what Hasbro or Takara will reissue next. That sucked.

Anyways' I picked up G1 Needlenose and The Japanese Abominus giftset. I can't find any new Transformers in store I'm interested in.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

duttry98 wrote:
Roadbuster wrote:
duttry98 wrote:I tell ya what, you guys keep flashing these gnarly looking 3rd party guys and I MIGHT have to sell off my g1 collection and start collecting these. I love the "show accuracy" these things possess.
That's the way to go now-a-days. G1's are steadily declining in value (unless you own something super rare and complete... like the Japanese G1's) while 3rd party figures are SKYROCKETING in value once online retail stores sell out. Not only do they look better and have more poseability but it makes more financial sense too as selling them to make your money back (sometimes doubling or tripling your investment) isn't hard at all to do.
Value and financial gain (return on the "investment") isn't an issue for me. That's actually a big thing that has turned me away from other things I've enjoyed collecting. Guys hoarding up pieces just to flip them for an inflated profit all because they think it's gold or some sh*t. Kinda sad really. The only time cost and value are an issue for me is when I need a miniscule part to complete a piece and someone wants a ridiculously over inflated price for it. I really do like the "show accuracy" on the 3rd part pieces tho, that's what draws me in. I think once I get my G1 collection where I want it I'll enjoy it for a spell and then sell and move on. We'll see...........

Really digging some of these Generations Voyager Class pieces that are out as well.
I guess that came across wrong. I'm not interested in the business model aspect of it either. I'm a collector, just like you, first and foremost. But it's hard not to notice these things when you miss out on something (ie: 3rd party item) that's not longer in stock and you have to pay through the nose through secondary markets (Ebay) to get it. As far as G1's taking a hit... I've been paying for most of my 3rd party purchases here lately by selling off some of my G1's. And I'm getting nowhere near what I paid for them 4-5 years ago before the 3rd party market really took off.

EDIT: People want the best representation of their favorite characters from G1. And that's where Masterpiece and 3rd party figures fill those shoes...space becomes an issue and now there's a lot of people dumping their old G1's off as a result.
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Snagged Genereations Nightbeat, Jhiaxus, Windblade, Rattrap and Crosscut at Toy r us today!
PETER IS GOD!Image
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Hasbro toy shop has a discount on Transformers and other toys this week till Friday. I just got jeffire and Skids with free shipping. Use code: FAMILY2014
PETER IS GOD!Image
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I've grabbed Roadbuster, Whirl, Nightbeat, Wind Blade and Skids lately.
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Combiner wars. Powerglide, Bombshell and Windcharger
PETER IS GOD!Image
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Not so much a purchase, more of a missed opportunity. .... spotted generations brainstorm at he wally up the street from me and let it sit. Decided later on I wanted it, went back, gone! This was a week ago, haven't seen it since anywhere :( .
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

duttry98 wrote:Not so much a purchase, more of a missed opportunity. .... spotted generations brainstorm at he wally up the street from me and let it sit. Decided later on I wanted it, went back, gone! This was a week ago, haven't seen it since anywhere :( .
Yeah, never wait on something you are somewhat interested in.

Forgot to mention I ordered the Transformers Legacy artwork book. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
PETER IS GOD!Image
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Grabbed Combiner Wars Alpha Bravo, Skydive and Firefly.
Nemesis Prime
Throttlebot

Post by Nemesis Prime »

just recently got Million Publishing Shouki with Daniel :) for me and Generations Chromia and Tankor for the kiddos :)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

If you are going to open Shouki, (or even in the box) would you mind snapping a couple of pics? Interested to see how Shouki looks!

I haven't posted in a while. I have continued collecting, but the collecting has been done more sparingly (until a few days ago). I have picked up over the last several months the legends, deluxes, & Voyagers from the Generations lines.

I picked up Chromia at a local Walmart a couple of weeks ago. It's the only Generations/Combiner Wars figure I've found in the area. I've since went back to said Walmart (and another Walmart, two Targets, & Meijer repeatedly) and haven't seen any other current figures out in the area.

Also, I recently ordered Arcee, Brainstorm, Dragstrip, Silverbolt, Alpha Bravo, Skydive, Firefly, & Thundercracker. I unfortunately, haven't found Bombshell or Powerglide locally or online at a price I am willing to pay.

Optimus Prime didn't interest me. I have enough variants for him. And, I don't intend to collect an Autobot combiner team centered around O.P. Doesn't seem right to me, but thats just me being stubborn.

---

On a funny note - I asked the gf while out by the mall to stop and look for Arcee. She said, 'Which one?" I said, "The pink one." She didn't quite acknowledge me, but was soon on her way. Couple hours later she comes back with a bag of groceries, and said, "Couldn't find the pink RC, Got you red soda instead."
Nemesis Prime
Throttlebot

Post by Nemesis Prime »

Countdown wrote:If you are going to open Shouki, (or even in the box) would you mind snapping a couple of pics? Interested to see how Shouki looks!..."
I did open him :mrgreen: especially as i wanted Daniel for my (Generations) Arcee, but due to her not using the standard 5mm peg hole for her hands, had to give Daniel to my (Energon) Arcee. Shouki can be seen sitting at his "station" on Ft Max :)

Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

TFW 2005 has some decent pics of him out of package.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Cool stuff NP. Is that the current Arcee (pink) that's out right now on the pegs?
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

picked up combiners Drag strip, Firefly and Alpha what's his name.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Nemesis Prime
Throttlebot

Post by Nemesis Prime »

duttry98 wrote:Cool stuff NP. Is that the current Arcee (pink) that's out right now on the pegs?
Yep :mrgreen:
Image Image

She makes a most awesome edition to my "TF 86 movie" set :mrgreen:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Just ordered Bombshell and Powerglide separately w Amazon prime no rush delivery. Now I have $2 store credit for my Kindle. :)
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Countdown wrote:Just ordered Bombshell and Powerglide separately w Amazon prime no rush delivery. Now I have $2 store credit for my Kindle. :)
I was really happy to get those great figures. You won't be disappointed with them
PETER IS GOD!Image
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

great :) !!!
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

skywarp408 wrote:Yeah, I noticed some G1's going down too. My Fort max I bought for $1000 went way down thanks to the reissue coming out a month after I bought it. No way of knowing what Hasbro or Takara will reissue next. That sucked.

Anyways' I picked up G1 Needlenose and The Japanese Abominus giftset. I can't find any new Transformers in store I'm interested in.
I wouldn't worry about the price of your G-1 staying down forever. Re-issues are terrific for those who don't want to invest a lot of money in an original toy when they all they want is something for display, but Like Tammi Terrell and Marvin Gaye sang, there ain't nothin' like the real thing, and there's always going to be a market for G-1, and people who will gladly pay for the original.