Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 am
Okay okay okay okay okay.
First of all let me say this. If you honestly want to rejoin the game and throw your ideas into the pot, then please stick around or at least tell us when you're going to disappear for several months. You make it sound as though you're hurt because we moved so far ahead without you. Well you disappeared of the face of the map without a trace. You have wonderful and creative ideas and I think we would be all too happy to incorporate them into the game, but the problem is you're not around to do that. Before we commit to any of these ideas, we need to know that you'll be able to help see them through or at least try and stay in contact with someone enough to tell them what you want to happen with your character(s) at the time. I'd be more than happy to do that.
Next I want to clarify some game plot points that need to be made in liu of your absense. I haven't gotten around to writing anymore of the roleplay history/record so that you could update yourself that way, so I'll explain here.
Regarding Makeway, we did make every effort to bring him along in a CR Chamber until such time that you could rejoin us and possibly play him again. We don't leave one of our own behind. He is now most likely resting somewhere in one of the more advanced CR Chambers aboard the Aetherspite.
The search for TT/Cambreaker was sped up most to attempt to generate interest in the roleplay since that part only seemed to really interest myself and TT himself. As you may have noticed, most of the other posters, particularly Autobots, have dropped off since that time. I'm not sure if this is because of busyness in their lives, lack of interest in what's happening, or some combination of the two. I also think that everyone, TT and myself included, have big plans for the time once Cambreaker returned and making that search take less time was just more convenient for the plot.
I really don't know much about Abraham Dante, aside from what I read in that article, but I think I would've declined playing him. I've got enough characters right now with Zarak/BW Megatron, Scorponok, Inferno, Blackjack, and Sixshot that I don't need anything else. Of course you would have been and certainly are more than welcome to bring Dante in as a character.
The next phase actually has little to do with the Beast Wars continuity. I'm using characters/ideas from that yes, I will explain them, but it really doesn't affect the general plot as much as you'd think. The Nemesis is pretty much a G1 staple and the fact that it's in South America comes straight from the G1 cartoon episode Microbots. If you want to know all that you need to understand what's going on with the BW stuff, just watch the last two episodes: Nemesis Part I and II. Well that is, if you don't mind spoilers.
Basically all you need to know is that the Megatron of the future (not the same as G1 Megatron) time travelled to the past where he found the Nemesis and tried to use it to destroy the Maximals (Autobots). He was thwarted by the Maximals and the Nemesis crash landed in South America where later the G1 Decepticons would find it and retreive the Heart of Cybertron from it. It was abandoned there, unknown to Galvatron, Dirge, Blitzwing, Inferno, etc. as none of them was a part of the original expedition to find the Heart. So now as it is their best hope against the Aetherspite it has been ressurected.
As for your other plots ideas, feel free to pursue them. Just be aware that there are limited numbers of Autobot posters at the moment so attempting anything that would require quick responses from a lot of people may move very slowly. The active posters are:
Myself
Galvatron
Dirge
TT (but he's gotten busier)
Minerva (same for her I think)
Redline shows up a bit
And that's it. So just be aware of that. Now I should give you (and everyone who's been missing) a brief plot synopsis. I will also explain a bit more about my hoard of characters because I feel really guilty about that.
The Autobots found Cambreaker, yes. After a brief conversation with TT they boarded the Aetherspite, Cambreaker's warship and had a frosty reunion. The Decepticon Zarak showed up and demanded to speak with TT also. TT agreed to meet and Zarak revealed that he was actually being possess by the spirit spark (or whatever you call that) of Beast Wars Megatron, except that Zarak himself is not aware of this. Not getting what he wanted from TT, BW Megatron/Zarak then asked to speak with Rattrap and Dinobot, but was interrupted by the arrival of Galvatron and the other Decepticons. Cambreaker chased the Decepticons away with the 'Spite and they fled back to Earth to plot. Meanwhile Blackjack spoke to Cambreaker about leaving to track down his Decepticons nemesis Sixshot. Cambreaker reluctantly agreed. Minerva has also gone to speak with Cambreaker, something they've been dreading since his disappearance created distance between them. As the Autobots head for Cybertron, the Decepticons arrive on Earth. Here Zarak explains he's found the Nemesis which they can use to defeat Cambreaker's Aetherspite. Dirge takes it upon himself to repair the Nemesis while Galvatron watches Scorponok's TV. As Dirge begins to learn about the mystery surrounding the Nemesis with the help of Inferno, Blackjack lands on Earth and tracks down Sixshot.
That's where we are at. Now, I do have quite a few future plans myself and TT and I have discussed the future of the roleplay a lot. In regards to a Threat To Both Sides, I have devise one and am currently laying the seeds of it. Yes, it will involve the fact that Zarak is possessed by BW Megatron and yes he is the one creating the threat. In the interim time the Autobots must go back to Cybertron and I know TT has some plans for the Autobots in the future. Once the Nemesis is repair, the Decepticons will go and face off with Cambreaker and Galvatron apparently wants to find out what Dinobot knows. As always, STARS your ideas are more than welcome and I will help you in any way you need. If you want to pursue this Diaclonus, Triclonus thing then by all means do so and I will put my agendas on hold for a while.
In regards to my many characters, after the plot arc I'm referring to I will be removing Inferno, BW Megatron, and possibly Zarak/Scorponok (at least the background) so that I can focus solely on Blackjack. I don't really want to give up Zarak though because having Scorponok around makes the Decepticons seem like more of a threat. We'll see what happens.
Good to see you again, STARS. I hope you can be with us for a long time.
First of all let me say this. If you honestly want to rejoin the game and throw your ideas into the pot, then please stick around or at least tell us when you're going to disappear for several months. You make it sound as though you're hurt because we moved so far ahead without you. Well you disappeared of the face of the map without a trace. You have wonderful and creative ideas and I think we would be all too happy to incorporate them into the game, but the problem is you're not around to do that. Before we commit to any of these ideas, we need to know that you'll be able to help see them through or at least try and stay in contact with someone enough to tell them what you want to happen with your character(s) at the time. I'd be more than happy to do that.
Next I want to clarify some game plot points that need to be made in liu of your absense. I haven't gotten around to writing anymore of the roleplay history/record so that you could update yourself that way, so I'll explain here.
Regarding Makeway, we did make every effort to bring him along in a CR Chamber until such time that you could rejoin us and possibly play him again. We don't leave one of our own behind. He is now most likely resting somewhere in one of the more advanced CR Chambers aboard the Aetherspite.
The search for TT/Cambreaker was sped up most to attempt to generate interest in the roleplay since that part only seemed to really interest myself and TT himself. As you may have noticed, most of the other posters, particularly Autobots, have dropped off since that time. I'm not sure if this is because of busyness in their lives, lack of interest in what's happening, or some combination of the two. I also think that everyone, TT and myself included, have big plans for the time once Cambreaker returned and making that search take less time was just more convenient for the plot.
I really don't know much about Abraham Dante, aside from what I read in that article, but I think I would've declined playing him. I've got enough characters right now with Zarak/BW Megatron, Scorponok, Inferno, Blackjack, and Sixshot that I don't need anything else. Of course you would have been and certainly are more than welcome to bring Dante in as a character.
The next phase actually has little to do with the Beast Wars continuity. I'm using characters/ideas from that yes, I will explain them, but it really doesn't affect the general plot as much as you'd think. The Nemesis is pretty much a G1 staple and the fact that it's in South America comes straight from the G1 cartoon episode Microbots. If you want to know all that you need to understand what's going on with the BW stuff, just watch the last two episodes: Nemesis Part I and II. Well that is, if you don't mind spoilers.
Basically all you need to know is that the Megatron of the future (not the same as G1 Megatron) time travelled to the past where he found the Nemesis and tried to use it to destroy the Maximals (Autobots). He was thwarted by the Maximals and the Nemesis crash landed in South America where later the G1 Decepticons would find it and retreive the Heart of Cybertron from it. It was abandoned there, unknown to Galvatron, Dirge, Blitzwing, Inferno, etc. as none of them was a part of the original expedition to find the Heart. So now as it is their best hope against the Aetherspite it has been ressurected.
As for your other plots ideas, feel free to pursue them. Just be aware that there are limited numbers of Autobot posters at the moment so attempting anything that would require quick responses from a lot of people may move very slowly. The active posters are:
Myself
Galvatron
Dirge
TT (but he's gotten busier)
Minerva (same for her I think)
Redline shows up a bit
And that's it. So just be aware of that. Now I should give you (and everyone who's been missing) a brief plot synopsis. I will also explain a bit more about my hoard of characters because I feel really guilty about that.
The Autobots found Cambreaker, yes. After a brief conversation with TT they boarded the Aetherspite, Cambreaker's warship and had a frosty reunion. The Decepticon Zarak showed up and demanded to speak with TT also. TT agreed to meet and Zarak revealed that he was actually being possess by the spirit spark (or whatever you call that) of Beast Wars Megatron, except that Zarak himself is not aware of this. Not getting what he wanted from TT, BW Megatron/Zarak then asked to speak with Rattrap and Dinobot, but was interrupted by the arrival of Galvatron and the other Decepticons. Cambreaker chased the Decepticons away with the 'Spite and they fled back to Earth to plot. Meanwhile Blackjack spoke to Cambreaker about leaving to track down his Decepticons nemesis Sixshot. Cambreaker reluctantly agreed. Minerva has also gone to speak with Cambreaker, something they've been dreading since his disappearance created distance between them. As the Autobots head for Cybertron, the Decepticons arrive on Earth. Here Zarak explains he's found the Nemesis which they can use to defeat Cambreaker's Aetherspite. Dirge takes it upon himself to repair the Nemesis while Galvatron watches Scorponok's TV. As Dirge begins to learn about the mystery surrounding the Nemesis with the help of Inferno, Blackjack lands on Earth and tracks down Sixshot.
That's where we are at. Now, I do have quite a few future plans myself and TT and I have discussed the future of the roleplay a lot. In regards to a Threat To Both Sides, I have devise one and am currently laying the seeds of it. Yes, it will involve the fact that Zarak is possessed by BW Megatron and yes he is the one creating the threat. In the interim time the Autobots must go back to Cybertron and I know TT has some plans for the Autobots in the future. Once the Nemesis is repair, the Decepticons will go and face off with Cambreaker and Galvatron apparently wants to find out what Dinobot knows. As always, STARS your ideas are more than welcome and I will help you in any way you need. If you want to pursue this Diaclonus, Triclonus thing then by all means do so and I will put my agendas on hold for a while.
In regards to my many characters, after the plot arc I'm referring to I will be removing Inferno, BW Megatron, and possibly Zarak/Scorponok (at least the background) so that I can focus solely on Blackjack. I don't really want to give up Zarak though because having Scorponok around makes the Decepticons seem like more of a threat. We'll see what happens.
Good to see you again, STARS. I hope you can be with us for a long time.