Page 12 of 13
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:09 pm
by Rodimus Prime
Sunny, that is looking amazing.
I can't wait to see the Jetfire one as well. It's like a mini Christmas day each time you post an update

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:41 pm
by Sunstorm
well, here's another present for you.... I got some more base colour done. I reckon I'll be finished with this one by the weekend

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:17 pm
by Bumblebee
looking great there sunstorm !!!!!!
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:03 pm
by Arcee
OOOOOOOOOOOOHH!!!!! SUNNY!! That is SO GOOD! *Giddy*
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:12 am
by Commander Megatron
Excellent job Sunstorm, you can imagine Arcee saying "No, you better stay close to me."
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:13 pm
by Sunstorm
Thanks for the encouragement chaps - things are really flowing well with my pics at the moment, so I decided to really crack on with Dinobot's pic even more so today, and I think it may not need the white UV pigment I have on order... I'm very nearly done. I wasn't going to unveil it til it was done, but I figured what the hell.... today's progress has really made a lot of difference to it... I may end up waiting for the white UV pigment anyway, but it is really coming to life now;
Also, I've done some more on the Roddy/Arcee pic, and this one is also coming together nicely. I just have the background and some filmstrip highlights to do on this one, and it's done;
Once these two are done, I can really turn my attention to Snarl's boxart pic...
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:08 pm
by Dinobot
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:00 am
by Commander Megatron
Sunstorm, when IDW or Marvel snap you up you are gonna stay here... right?
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:09 am
by Grimlock
I just want to be able to draw a straight line

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:29 am
by Sunstorm
Commander Megatron wrote:Sunstorm, when IDW or Marvel snap you up you are gonna stay here... right?
lol - it's never gonna happen, but I won't ever be moving from TFL. Never ever ever... it's the best forum by a country mile
I am certainly considering extending my art work - after I'm married, I may apply for shorter working hours for my office job so I can concentrate on freelance illustration. That would be a dream come true...
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:43 am
by Commander Megatron
A country mile. It has beenm a long, long time since I heard that expression.
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:34 pm
by Sunstorm
OK - Rodimus and Arcee, your pic is done. I hope you two really enjoy this one in your new home together
original to work from;
with flash;
without flash;
As requested, Daniel was removed from the original pic, and for the arm/shoulder of Rodimus that wasn't visible in the original, I used the figure as inspiration, copying the chromed area with the red, orange and yellow V's that he has.
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:37 pm
by Rodimus Prime
That is so figgin' awesome!!
I can't wait to have it in hand and droool in person, just hope the paint doesn't run!!
TY, Sunny. you da seeker!!
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:41 pm
by Sunstorm
anytime my good friend. it's something you and Arcee can keep looking at and enjoy - I really like that

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:46 pm
by Minerva
Wow! Good job, Sunstorm!

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:15 pm
by Rumble
Truely excellent work there Sunstorm!
Rumble.
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:19 pm
by Time Traveller
I really love the filmstrip look, especially the details of frame numbers and such!
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:53 pm
by Sunstorm
Thanks Min, Rumble, TT
@ TT - yeah, the film strip detail was just completed with those numbers... I found an example on google and just copied it. It makes all the difference
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:29 pm
by Ramjet
Time Traveller wrote:I really love the filmstrip look, especially the details of frame numbers and such!

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:40 pm
by Commander Megatron
An excellent piece Sunstorm. Truly a job well done.