Page 21 of 26

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:53 pm
by Dirge
and this is what cobra will use to kill footloose :twisted:

Image

the ungettable county 1884 powerfarm found its way to my house

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:02 pm
by Roadbuster
Dirge wrote:and this is what cobra will use to kill footloose :twisted:

Image
You had better get Destro to outfit it with some weapons first. :lol: But I could see Cobra doing that...they had some pretty "unique" surprise attacks.
Nice acquisition by the way!

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:44 pm
by Roadbuster
My G.I. Joe haul for today: 2008 MOSC DTC EXCLUSIVE Munitia Mecenary! Very sexy! 8)

Image

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:12 pm
by skywarp408
I got Thundercats, Lion-o, Mumm-ra and Panthro from Time Traveler and MASK Stinger, Iguana and Raven here on Transformerland. I got these actually last week :oops:

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:38 pm
by Roadbuster
skywarp408 wrote:I got Thundercats, Lion-o, Mumm-ra and Panthro from Time Traveler and MASK Stinger, Iguana and Raven here on Transformerland. I got these actually last week :oops:
Sweet haul! I have the Stinger and it's an awesome toy! Extremely jealous over the Raven though as I've always wanted one. 8)

My "non-Transformers" haul for today: 25th Anniversary Tripwire and Airborne MOSC. I just need Sgt. Flash now to complete the 25th single carded lineup. :wink:

Image

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:28 pm
by Time Traveller
Question for you, 'Buster:
Do you know what ARAH Airtight's gun-thing is actually supposed to be? I watched the "Action Figure Therapy" episode about him on youtube, and it lent no answers. :lol:

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:39 am
by Roadbuster
Interesting. I pulled my MOSC Airtight down off the wall and read through the filecard on the back. No help on the weapon name at all. So I then began checking numerous reliable sources: gijoe.pedia.com, yojoe.com, joeheadquarters.com, exc....and then I ran across this:

http://www.mygijoe.com/shop/1985-AIRTIG ... M-GUN.html

Apparently the gun in question is known as a "Sniffer Vacuum Rifle." And I'm assuming it serves a dual purpose. Airtight being the Chemical Warfare Officer of the G.I. Joe squad would obviously have used it to remove airborne pathogens and toxic clouds from hostile areas. But he has also been seen in various episodes firing that same rifle at the enemy. And as a footnote he also comes equipped with a 9mm Beretta. :wink:

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:37 pm
by skywarp408
Mortal Kombat 2011 for the ps3. Sweeeeeet game!

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:44 pm
by Roadbuster
skywarp408 wrote:Mortal Kombat 2011 for the ps3. Sweeeeeet game!
I want that game sooooo bad! :( Unfortunately, my HOI is due the first of next month and I must scramble to cover that. But Mortal Kombat 2011 WILL be mine! :twisted: .....eventually..... :lol:

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:51 pm
by Jazz
Couple of weeks ago picked up Transformers: The Best Of Optimus Prime paperback. 6 different stories about how cool Prime is for 20 bucks? Couldn't resist.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:10 pm
by Roadbuster
Picked up a 25th Anniversary Comic Pack (S.W.A.T Officer) Shockblast!! Comes equipped with 2 semi-automatic pistols (both are hidden within his side holsters in the pic.), gas mask and helmet! The hat he's wearing is also an accessory as it's removable. Totally bad-ass figure! Just what the Joes need to infiltrate the Terror Drome! Or extinguish a riot! :twisted:

Image

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:05 pm
by Countdown
That Joe looks bad @ss! :)

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:36 pm
by Roadbuster
Hell yeah! He's definitely one of my favorites so far out of the 25th's I have displayed loose inside Joe HQ'ers. :wink: He reeks of badassedness!

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:47 pm
by Time Traveller
I see his name got BLASTed too, just like his transformer antithesis.

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:24 pm
by Roadbuster
Yup. Shockblast has been heavily used by Hasbro due to copyright purposes. I'm trying to think of other G.I. Joe names that were shared by rival companies...having a hard time but Firefly does come to mind. As Kenner once used that name for its M.A.S.K toyline.

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:09 pm
by Time Traveller
Yes, but having bought Kenner, I'm sure Hasbro would have any trademarks that Kenner maintained (like Specialist Trakker!)

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:03 pm
by Roadbuster
The extremely rare (and pricey) DTC 2006 Covergirl arrived today! This is the best rendition of this figure to date and was only released as part of a comic pack that included Spirit and Hannibal towards the end of the DTC line run. Sorry about the first pic. Had to turn off the flash because it blinded all her features but it appears to be a bit too dark without it. In the second pic you can see her inside G.I. Joe HQ'ers next to the satellite dish. :wink:

Image
Image

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:36 am
by Galvatron
3 things GI Joes have that G1 Transformers don't....

1- Accurate scale
2- Killer playsets
3- Female action figures that actually look female

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:15 pm
by Roadbuster
I hate it I missed out on the Igear TF007 Iacon playset. Oh well...can't have 'em all.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:16 pm
by Time Traveller
Galvatron wrote:3 things GI Joes have that G1 Transformers don't....

1- Accurate scale
2- Killer playsets
3- Female action figures that actually look female

1-GoBots! (or alternators/Human Alliance)
2- Micromasters! Countdown is the shiz!
3- Animated Blackarachnia. TF Prime Arcee.


Prrrrroblem solved!