Pretender Shell Vehicles

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Lennyluck

Post by Lennyluck »

lol....yea I have....Sounds not working on my laptop.. :oops:
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Lenny if you sound isn't working, uninstall the drivers in the hardware panel of windows and reboot.

That's how I fixed the PC in work. If it doesn't come back after that, install PCWizard and it will tell you the name of your chipset and you can easily d/l the drivers. if you need any help, PM me and I will explain better.

PCWizard --

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php
Last edited by Rodimus Prime on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyclone
Throttlebot

Post by cyclone »

Time Traveller Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, the British TV show (really, the only one ) Top Gear put some fancy telemetry in a Veyron and tested it up to the claimed 254 mph!

"At this speed, the tires will only last 12 minutes! That's ok, because the fuel will run out in 10 minutes..."

I love Top Gear. if you haven't seen it, go watch some clips on youtube. One of my favorites is when they tried to destroy a toyota pickup...
On top gear one of the best is the trip to Alabama :D , even top gear done the worlds fastest accelerating car the british built atom, this is a damn mean beast(real bang for your buck :D ), actually considered buying one of these until it was going to be a b*t*h to import due to Australian safety standards :x . But yes you can get them in US
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

would safety standards matter if you didn't run it on-road, or were you not planning it as a track car?
cyclone
Throttlebot

Post by cyclone »

Road car too
Safety standards for track need to be higher again, how many road cars come with and require you to carry a fire extinguisher?. Airel was very cheap to buy about the same as a small car, where problem come is where they give you red tape as an excuse to charge you a fee. eg. In Australia you must have the standard 3 point seat belt(must be worn by law), you may have 5 points mounted in the car but it cannot be stand alone you must still have the 3 point in the car, now i know what i'd prefer to be wearing if unfortunate occured :wink: . Importing it means tarrifs, next because they have not be crash tested i need to get an engineer to certify that its structurally safe, then I need to get it emmissions/noise tested and pass, then comes airbags which have been required to be standard since 90's, it doesn't even have doors where do you fit an airbag? :cry: , and the list goes on, by the time you' go to time and effort your out of pocket. I just wanted the vechile and didn't want to be stuffed arround.
Good example is both my to subis look identical but are very different cars, one can be registered the other quote manufacture"*** Please note these vehicles are Rally registration only. Vehicles are not able to be road registered under any circumstances.***" but i know which one would be safer in a traffic accident(for me anyways :D )
Lennyluck

Post by Lennyluck »

Rodimus Prime wrote:Lenny if you sound isn't working, uninstall the drivers in the hardware panel of windows and reboot.

That's how I fixed the PC in work. If it does come back after that, install PCWizard and it will tell you the name of your chipset and you can easily d/l the drivers. if you need any help, PM me and I will explain better.

PCWizard --

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php
Thanks RP,
Working perfectly now.....Have been getting frustrated trying to read lips and faking sound effects for any clips I've been watching... :oops:

n Mad Max says what safty standards cyclone???
Throw in a few Roll-Bars and thats all the safty you need.....and maybe the occasional 2-3 EMS teams....a firetruck....ok, so the Rollbars and a few additions...
cyclone
Throttlebot

Post by cyclone »

:D :D :D
mad max :D :D :D
What a crap movie, he never worried about it because he was DWI(okay maybee only in mad mel 4: Hollywood blvd)
Lennyluck

Post by Lennyluck »

Mad Max....Mad Mel.............same difference :lol:
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

EDIT
Jetfire is a robosexual
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Here's my brand new pretender shell vehicle: It's a 2009 Toyota Matrix! :D It gets 32 mpg on the highway. That's running 70 mph, if I run 60 or 65 mph I can get 35 mpg! It has a 4 cylinder engine, and it's on a Corolla body frame! I call him 'ZINGER'. (AUTOBOT...OF COURSE!!) With the two symbols on the back...guess he could be a double agent and infiltrate Commander Megatron's base camp!!! :lol:

***Also the name Matrix I though was pretty cool name for a type of car and a serious Transformer Collector!Image

***Also you will see pics of my other favorite companion..."LITTLE RED!' I bought him brand new in 1995. He's served me well for 13 years so far. He's got over 200,000 miles and still going strong! He's an Autobot! He probably will be my son's car when he's ready to drive in 2 1/2 more yerars! He just turned 13 yrs old this July! (Other cars in background are my next door neighbors!)

ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

Post by ghostinthemachine »

cool transformers stickers
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Nice matrix! I've heard rave reviews of that car. I drove one in 06 and it was pretty nice.

Also, danger rangers rock :lol:
WhateverIWant
Throttlebot

Post by WhateverIWant »

galvatron wrote:I'm too imbarrassed to even take a pic of my vehicle.

Have you ever heard that Adam Sandler song?
I bet mine beats yours as far as embarrassing!!!

I guess I thought it could transform! :roll:

[[Hooray, I finally figured out this picture thing! :lol: ]] I totalled mine, as you can see, duh, IN Febuary. Now I'm car-less! I drive my husb. 93 Ford Taurus....we only have this one now..... and my names not on it.... did I mention I don't really like fords all that much?? :lol: :cry:
WhateverIWant
Throttlebot

Post by WhateverIWant »

Sad part was I know a guy that can pretty much do anything when it comes to car design, and I don't mean graphics, he was going to make me Decepticon emblems to replace my Chevy ones on the back and on the grill. It would look like my friend's car, like this:

His is a little small though, and I wanted Dec. ones instead, maybe our cars would battle each other while we were at work?! Haha. Different car than mine. His is a couger. He liked the color of my car, his used to be maroon.
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

Post by ghostinthemachine »

at least you survived
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

What kind of car was it?
R.I.P. Menasor
WhateverIWant
Throttlebot

Post by WhateverIWant »

Dinobot wrote:What kind of car was it?

It was a Chevy Aveo. It was only a four-c, but I "made" it a 10! :lol: My sister rode the breaks so hard she messed up something that made my wheels lock up, it was weird I guess because when I told anybody in maintenance they just told me nothing was wrong with it and laughed. I went to Chevy 9-12 times [[can't remember]] and they sent me away. Well, after my accident they fired the guy that did it. My sister sucks at driving. My husb. calls me a maniac driver and tells me to stop trying to be "the first female nascar driver." But it's better to be a good, but fast driver than a crappy driver all together, but being a safe one is best, so I guess I can say I suck at driving too. :lol: But heck it don't matter now, I'm not worried about it, I just turned it back to the bank [[didn't have insurance at that time! It lapsed]]. My gap paid for most of it [[lawyers are awesome!]] so now I can get another car, as soon as I get my bills settled back down again :idea: :lol:
Catilla
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catilla »

SentinelPrime little reds a sweet machine (ive always been a pick up fan) and for 13 looks like hes rolled off the line !!!
hope yer son takes good care of him too (lol or is that the other way round :wink: )
cyclone
Throttlebot

Post by cyclone »

Love the trucks, the old one in the background would be a cool restore job. I do like the look of the matrix, maybe one day i'll buy a more practical and eco-friendly car, just curious have you run it ever on higher RON petrol and noticed improved economy??
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Ah, nothing piques the interest of a car guy (or gal) like the sound of a "barn find". Dad and I have finished rescue operations on some barn finds on a sold estate in a town not far from here. All these cars are near complete or complete, with little to no rust damage (amazing for the road salting capital of the world).
First up, the real barn find (it was covered in bails of hay and lumber, we had to dig it out...) a 1925 Ford Model T. This car started out as a touring body (front & back seat), but the rear portion was cut off in favor of turning it into a utilitarian farm truck. We're not sure if we're going to keep the truck bed or convert it back to a touring car. Ironically, we hauled a '26 touring body last summer, but there is a 4" width difference between the '25 and '26 :roll:

REMEMBER TO CLICK TO EXPAND :)
And here's the interior. Other than the floor, what appears to be missing? Ten points to the winner, and ten more if they can tell why.

Next up, a 1929 Ford Model A pickup. This truck is solid as a rock, especially for a well-loved farm truck! The canvas roof is pretty shot, but considering how nice and hole-free the rest of it is, that's no problem. Henry Ford used good steel.

And, for those curious, the interior of the A. Note the really cool swirled glassy shift knob.

And lastly, my favorite find. It's a 1962 Chevrolet BelAir 9-passenger station wagon. As far as I can figure out, it IS a transformer... I think it's Beast (from Xmen) as a Transformers Crossovers from an alternate history taking place in the '60s.
Here's how we found it:
Almost three solid days of cleaning and washing to change it from brown to blue, inside and outside:
To it's final state:
ImageImage
With the 9 passenger capacity, we could haul the whole forum down to Trance's house to bug him!
Gagues (57k original miles!), Seat row 1:
Row 2:
Row 3, which faces rear: (don't worry Magnus... you'll get a row 1 or 2 spot)
And lastly, the car has a hauling alternate mode! *trasformation noise* >>>Image

Also, for those of you truck enthusiasts, we left one vehicle for someone else to take home and love. A 1957 Chevrolet semi cab that was used as a car hauler! (but it's red like prime, so maybe prime with Magnus' trailer?)

Anyone wants to see more pics of any of these, PM ^_^. The guys let me take a few pics of their cool truck.