Question about reprolabels sets

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Wheezel wrote:Thanks Ramjet.

Part two:
Has anyone purchased the NON-reprolabels repros off of Ebay? You know the ones... the sell WAY too cheap, and come from either China or Vancouver BC? Are THOSE markedly different in any some easily discernible way?

I've bought a reproduction label sheet from one other place seller in Canada. All of his label sheets are printed on "Avery" paper. They look good for what they are and adhere to your toy's surface well but the labels are really thin and not as vivid colorwise. The fine black lines on the labels are splotchy and not well defined as well.

This sheet is cut like the original G-1 label sheet and have the same labels on them like you'd have gotten with an original G-1 toy but the cutter this person uses tends to not cut exactly where it needs to. It cuts out some of the graphics. I don't know if that is an intentional flaw to discern his product as a reproduction or just a quality control problem.

At any rate.......this sheet is nice for $10.00 + shipping but not as nice as Reprolabels.

Here is a picture of the one for Thrust I bought. I hope you can make out some detail it was difficult to get a non-reflective shot.

If anyone in here wants the sheet just PM me and you're welcome to it gratis! I just needed that one label to put on my Thrust for display until I can find a G-1 label to replace it. I'd rather someone use the sheet rather than it melinger in my parts drawer forever.
I'm trying to figure out if this mess of stickers I just got are all original or not... most of them are obviously legit, but some just seem to be in TOO nice of condition compared with the others...
Surprisingly there are a lot of unused G-1 label sheets out there in spectacular condition!

I envy your collection of label sheets by the way! :wink:
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Now that I know *exactly* which label you're looking for, I'll check my collection.

Those scans weren't my "collection" they were just in a lot that I bought...
they might amount to 2% of my sticker sheet collection. Probably less than that, I haven't been keeping track of them lately.
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

I have brought several sets from Reprolabels before and they are of a very high quality.
greatshot wrote:Some of the colours are a notch off in regarding to the original.
I did notice this on my Soundwave labels I got. The metallic blue original sticker that wraps around his legs (the one with the 'power light' on it) was a non-metallic darker blue on their set. I wasn't too upset tho as they were 10x nicer then what I took off!

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun