Submit your questions for the Hasbro Q&A session here!

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Submit your questions for the Hasbro Q&A session here!

Post by Ultra Magnus »

TFL has now joined the list of sites allowed to ask questions in the bi-monthly Q&A sessions with the Hasbro development team.

This is your chance to ask those questions you need to know the answers to!

Submit your questions here between now and 11 pm GMT (London time zone... the board's natural clock setting) Sunday August 9th.

After the deadline, three questions will be chosen and submitted for the design team to answer.

There are no stupid questions, but there are questions Hasbro's team are less likely to be able to answer, so please keep that in mind when submitting. For example:

Great Question: What were the choices that lead to the design of <insert product name here>? What can/will be changed in the future to prevent <insert known problem with specific figure line here>?

(As this is the design team, this is the type of question they can answer, the feedback that they are seeking.)

Good Questions: Fans have really expressed enthusiasm over <insert product type here>. What do you have in mind for future releases?

(This being a good question may only get a vague answer such as "Nothing to announce at this time, but keep your eyes open in 2010")

Not so good question: What is the plot like for Tranformers 3?

(The design team really has limited control over the plot of the movie, and even if they did, it would be highly unlikely they would want to reveal such details at this time.)

So, let's gets our creative Juices flowing, and get some questions out there!
Last edited by Ultra Magnus on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

For better examples of what has been asked in the past, and what gets answers, please consult:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hasbro_Q%26A
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

What about a question relating to the Zhong Jin counterfeit G1 toys...does Hasbro know of them? Do they want/care/plan to take any course of action?

http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vchina.html

I didn't see it in the archive of questions, but I didn't exactly peruse the archive either...
Triangle Man
Noob

Post by Triangle Man »

#1-- Are there plans on any G1 reissues for 2009 that have not been announced yet? If so, please tell me it's not another re-re-release/reissue of something wev'e seen re-re-recently. (Wheeljack or Sunstreaker would be nice)

#2-- I read many topics in Transformer forums about all of the knock-offs being produced. Is Hasbro doing anything to counter these so called KO's companies/manufacturers? The quality on some of them are getting up to par with some of the Hasbro G1 toys. Does Hasbro have any issues "legality" wise, currently in place with said KO manufacturer's?
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Triangle Man wrote:#1-- Are there plans on any G1 reissues for 2009 that have not been announced yet? If so, please tell me it's not another re-re-release/reissue of something wev'e seen re-re-recently. (Wheeljack or Sunstreaker would be nice)

#2-- I read many topics in Transformer forums about all of the knock-offs being produced. Is Hasbro doing anything to counter these so called KO's companies/manufacturers? The quality on some of them are getting up to par with some of the Hasbro G1 toys. Does Hasbro have any issues "legality" wise, currently in place with said KO manufacturer's?
Yeah yeah, but much more importantly:

WHY do you hate Person Man? What'd he ever do to you?
Triangle Man
Noob

Post by Triangle Man »

Banzai-Tron wrote:
Triangle Man wrote:#1-- Are there plans on any G1 reissues for 2009 that have not been announced yet? If so, please tell me it's not another re-re-release/reissue of something wev'e seen re-re-recently. (Wheeljack or Sunstreaker would be nice)

Yeah yeah, but much more importantly:

WHY do you hate Person Man? What'd he ever do to you?

Person man is my friend. Universe man is my enemy :twisted:
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

When/if the Universe Line returns after RotF has run it's course, will we have any chance of seeing some more G1 characters specifically Wheeljack? Trailbreaker? Reflector? Will we ever get a Universe combiner that's not an Energon repaint?
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Will there be deluxe or voyager class figures of ROTF scrapper, Hightower and overload?
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Starscreamg1
Throttlebot

Post by Starscreamg1 »

I have a couple of questions. They are not toy related but I feel they deserve an answer none the less:

1: Are you aware of the negative feelings of some fans over Michael Bay's treatment of the Transformers brand and the characters? Were you aware that this feeling of being short-changed has caused many long-time fans to give up on Transformers altogether?

2: When the movie designs were approved, what was the opinion of those in charge concerning the extreme divergence of the character designs and the lack of familiarity in appearance of the majority of them to their namesakes? Was this a Hasbro decision to approve of these designs or was it out of your hands and in the control of the pre-production crew for the movies? If you could go back and change the designs, would you? And would you make them appear more like their namesakes? What will Hasbro be doing to keep the diehard fans who have not embraced the new concepts and designs on board?

3: Will Hasbro be planning another reboot of the franchise in the near future with an emphasis on honoring the original Transformers lore, character and personas?
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Why are they still using that brittle gold plastic crap?

Are they planning to properly organize their website so that people can actually find things?
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

LD2062 wrote:Why are they still using that brittle gold plastic crap?

Are they planning to properly organize their website so that people can actually find things?
When you are asking about the website, do you mean Hasbro toyshop, or the main transformers site for the toyline?

Please be as specific as possible, to avoid vague answer/ensure that the know exactly what you mean.

Also, please note everyone, that participating in the Q&A's is a privilege, that can be revoked, if not treated respectfully. That being the case, even though some of the questions brought up so far are concerns of fandom as a whole, the wording may need to be changed in order to be submitted.

This is not a slight on anyone for bringing up the concern, just that we need to offer the criticism in a constructive manner, or we will not be taken seriously.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Is it possible to improve products' distribution? In a globalized world like the current, we come to see every new item Hasbro is releasing on their website, however when I go to the toy shops, I can barely find anything. While I understand there may be certain promotional items for some shops (i.e., Toys R Us), I reckon you may be missing potential good sales by not making all your products available worldwide. It seems there are plans to keep releasing re-issues of classic G1 castings, but here in Chile we can only get them through private sources and not from a retailer.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I meant how its so difficult to find things, mainly specific instructions. So I believe its the Hasbro site?
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Having re-read the entirety of the previous q&a's, there is nothing else planned for release in 2009 from Hasbro, that was not shown at SDCC. This does not preclude something coming from Takara, but Hasbro will not answer on their behalf.

As for 2010, they will most likely still be cryptic, at this point, as they were with the last GI Joe Q&A, but if you want to ask that, we will put it into the hat for debate on Sunday night before submitting to Hasbro.
Jose

Post by Jose »

Packaging: Considering nowadays we are facing a serious problem regarding global warming, I notice several components on most Transformers' packing: Plastic bubbles, plastic window, straps, etc. I am aware that certain design on the shape and format of packing is requested by retailers, and also it's a fact that there are several adult Transformers collectors who will keep them packaged. However, I dare to say the major Hasbro customers are people who are buying Transformers as toys to be played with. Hence I believe most of this material is going to go, eventually, into the trash. Do you have any plans on using environment-friendly materials, such as cardboard only, for your toys? They wouldn't be just easier to open and close, but they are also an opportunity to display more boxart, which in time, regarding the Transformers line, has proved itself to be an important part of the collectible-related items. I am also aware that plastic can be recycled, but please remember Hasbro toys are sold worldwide, and recycling politics may differ from one country to another.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Sadly, Jose, I think the days of primarily cardboard packaging are in the past. Why? THEFT. I also suspect that THAT is the true reason behind the maddening plethora of twist ties, rather than safe shipping.
Jose

Post by Jose »

Banzai-Tron wrote:Sadly, Jose, I think the days of primarily cardboard packaging are in the past. Why? THEFT. I also suspect that THAT is the true reason behind the maddening plethora of twist ties, rather than safe shipping.
I know about those bloody shoplifters and why now retailers are demanding blisterpacks of certain size, besides to display the products better.

However, if they have to stick with blisterpacks, go ahead then - but a single plastic bubble against a cardboard backer is enough, and you save on other plastic stuff they put in.

Or use a more perishable plastic if you have to...
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Here's my question:

Earlier there have been questions regarding Hasbro’s view on custom fan-produced upgrade kits (City Commander Armor, ROTF Superion appendages etc.) for Transformers figures, and it’s been made clear that Hasbro does not condone the unauthorized production and sales of their toy designs or intellectual property. Even so, these items seem to have become popular and sought-after by Transformers-fans all over the world. Due to this interest, has Hasbro any plans of releasing any upgrade kits, add-ons or similar?
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

And with that, our first round of submissions has ended.

The other admins, the moderators, and myself will now put our heads together and try to narrow this list down to only three questions to submit to Hasbro.

Thank you, everyone, for your participation, and stay tuned for answers within the next few weeks.