Introducing myself.
Moderator: Time Traveller
- Turtle4111
- Noob
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2025 5:02 pm
- Location: Victoria Australia
- Contact:
Introducing myself.
Hi, all. I'm Turtle, or Dave.
It's been a long time since I've been on an old school board like this, it's great to have found one.I'm located in Australia, our Australian fan forum is gone now. Which is a massive shame. I've been into transformers for 32 years and have been collecting since 1994/95. My uncle introduced me to the transformers through the original movie.
I collect mostly Masterpiece Transformers from Takara and 3rd party companies, but I did collect mainline figures and G1 for many years..
I'm currently downsizing my collection, to finish my Masterpiece line-up. Regarding the titans, I'm not fussy if I have to use mainline figures to represent those characters for now. But I feel that bigger scale figures are a massive pain, only really because display space is so limited in my collection room. Which also doubles as my bedroom/office.
I'm curious if there's a section of the board to post my current collection up, for people to check out if they like?
Anyway, thanks for reading if you did. I look forward to getting acquainted with like minded people..
Cheers, Turtle.
It's been a long time since I've been on an old school board like this, it's great to have found one.I'm located in Australia, our Australian fan forum is gone now. Which is a massive shame. I've been into transformers for 32 years and have been collecting since 1994/95. My uncle introduced me to the transformers through the original movie.
I collect mostly Masterpiece Transformers from Takara and 3rd party companies, but I did collect mainline figures and G1 for many years..
I'm currently downsizing my collection, to finish my Masterpiece line-up. Regarding the titans, I'm not fussy if I have to use mainline figures to represent those characters for now. But I feel that bigger scale figures are a massive pain, only really because display space is so limited in my collection room. Which also doubles as my bedroom/office.
I'm curious if there's a section of the board to post my current collection up, for people to check out if they like?
Anyway, thanks for reading if you did. I look forward to getting acquainted with like minded people..
Cheers, Turtle.
If toys are for kids, I don't wanna grow up.
- Time Traveller
- Father Time (Admin)
- Posts: 6554
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:12 am
- Location: Back home, up nort'
- Contact:
Re: Introducing myself.
Welcome Turtle!
We try to keep it old school here on the forum, but admittedly traffic is not what it used to be. There are still a good little group of folks that hang out, though!
We'd love to see your collection, we've got a pinned post under Toy Talk for just that!
I've seen a lot of collectors move from MP scale to 3rd Party Legends like NewAge, Iron Factory, and Magic Square, citing your same concern about space constraints. The only problem is, a lot of those 3rd party brands aren't really much cheaper at the micro scale!
We try to keep it old school here on the forum, but admittedly traffic is not what it used to be. There are still a good little group of folks that hang out, though!
We'd love to see your collection, we've got a pinned post under Toy Talk for just that!
I've seen a lot of collectors move from MP scale to 3rd Party Legends like NewAge, Iron Factory, and Magic Square, citing your same concern about space constraints. The only problem is, a lot of those 3rd party brands aren't really much cheaper at the micro scale!

- Turtle4111
- Noob
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2025 5:02 pm
- Location: Victoria Australia
- Contact:
Re: Introducing myself.
Thanks, mate
Appreciate the welcome.
Mmm, a small community is still stronger than none. Most of the boards I was a member of in the early 2000s have all gone to Facebook or shut down all together.
Great I'll try and get some pictures up soon.
When I started looking at the 3rd party figures, I was looking for Masterpiece figures and got caught out by a couple of the legend scale figures. I bought them thinking that they were Masterpiece scale. But I'm hooked up with a couple of awesome suppliers here in Australia, so there's never any confusion now. And I've pretty much established what figures I'm using in my collection, even if I haven't gotten it yet.
But I'm glad I found this site
Mmm, a small community is still stronger than none. Most of the boards I was a member of in the early 2000s have all gone to Facebook or shut down all together.
Great I'll try and get some pictures up soon.
When I started looking at the 3rd party figures, I was looking for Masterpiece figures and got caught out by a couple of the legend scale figures. I bought them thinking that they were Masterpiece scale. But I'm hooked up with a couple of awesome suppliers here in Australia, so there's never any confusion now. And I've pretty much established what figures I'm using in my collection, even if I haven't gotten it yet.
But I'm glad I found this site
If toys are for kids, I don't wanna grow up.
- Time Traveller
- Father Time (Admin)
- Posts: 6554
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:12 am
- Location: Back home, up nort'
- Contact:
Re: Introducing myself.
I'm glad you did too! We had an Australian regular years ago, but I am guessing the toy scene there is very different now. How many dealers of new and vintage product are there? Is a lot of your 3p market shipped directly from the manufacturers in China?

- Agent Meister
- Throttlebot
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:21 pm
- Location: Eden Prime
- Contact:



