Kenner SilverHawks Bluegrass' cowboy hat

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Post Reply
User avatar
Roar
Confused Triple Changer
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:58 pm

Kenner SilverHawks Bluegrass' cowboy hat

Post by Roar »

Kenner produced two versions of Bluegrass, the first one came with his cowboy hat and Sideman, and the second wave release was Bluegrass in his Ultrasonic Suit, and was packaged with his computerized (I guess- sound system Hot Licks?) along with a guitar, and the obligatory cowboy hat to complete his ensemble.

My question is-is there a difference between the little cowboy hat that came with the first wave of the figure and the second, or are they both alike? I don't want to purchase a hat that wasn't meant for my first wave Bluegrass.

It's my understanding that at least the first wave Bluegrass' hat is soft and pliable? I figured that since TFL specializes in knowledge in variants, you would know if there are any markings on the hats to tell what goes with which wave or if they are pretty much the same.
Più di quanto sembri
User avatar
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)
Posts: 6554
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Back home, up nort'
Contact:

Re: Kenner SilverHawks Bluegrass' cowboy hat

Post by Time Traveller »

I can confirm the first version hat is pliable PVC, but we've never had the Ultrasonic Suit one, so I've never seen one in person. I also don't have a first version hat in stock right now, so I'm not sure of markings. I don't remember ever seeing text, but it's not impossible there's a single digit, which would likely be a mold position code if multiple hats were molded on a sprue.
Looking at others' photos of the Ultrasonic Suit hat, it looks narrower, or like the sides were curved upward more sharply. It also looks like the Ultrasonic hat is smooth on the top of the brim, while the original has some texturing.
Image
User avatar
Roar
Confused Triple Changer
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:58 pm

Re: Kenner SilverHawks Bluegrass' cowboy hat

Post by Roar »

Time Traveller wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 9:54 am I can confirm the first version hat is pliable PVC, but we've never had the Ultrasonic Suit one, so I've never seen one in person. I also don't have a first version hat in stock right now, so I'm not sure of markings. I don't remember ever seeing text, but it's not impossible there's a single digit, which would likely be a mold position code if multiple hats were molded on a sprue.
Looking at others' photos of the Ultrasonic Suit hat, it looks narrower, or like the sides were curved upward more sharply. It also looks like the Ultrasonic hat is smooth on the top of the brim, while the original has some texturing.
Thank you very much! I appreciate you looking into it and letting me know, and knowing is half the battle.

Update!

Right you are, TT, The first wave Bluegrass has kind of a roughish, gnarled pattern on the little cowboy hat. The Ultrasonic suit hat is smooth. I didn't get a chance to see the difference you were speaking of until I saw an auction on a popular site showing one of the Supersonic Suit Bluegrass figures MOC.

So thank you so much once more!
Più di quanto sembri
Post Reply